Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Support
Discussion started by Ljs399 (IP Logged), 20 September, 2020 18:35
Ljs399
Ljs399
20 September, 2020 18:35
What a fantastic achievement, first ever semi final. It really upset me to see every seat empty, not one supporter to witness a unique event.
My question is, how do we let all the players know that we are all behind them? It must be so difficult for them playing in an empty stadium.

Currychief
Currychief
20 September, 2020 18:53
Hi. I’m sure your comment will be picked up by some. The squad know how much support there is. I was thinking the same in the second half. I think home advantage with the crowd would have been a more convincing win

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
20 September, 2020 18:54
Other than relating to them on Mugbook or Twatter I wouldn’t know. I’m not on either but I’d like to think the boys know we are well behind them and very proud

I drink and forget stuff!

Zyder head
Zyder head
20 September, 2020 18:58
I have dreamed of watching us in European Cup semis and then a final and what an experience that would be and there is little or no chance of either happening this season.
Gutted wouldn't quite cover it if we actually managed to make a European Cup final and I can't be there.....

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher
21 September, 2020 07:52
‘Twatter’. What a horrible expression.

The Chiefs Twitter stream is one of the best in the Premiership. Sometimes the only way I can follow the game. Yesterday there were literally people all over the world checking in. I saw Canada, Crete, California Rome amongst the many who were able to connect with the club using this service.

A little bit of respect for the people who run these accounts at the club please?

MESSAGES->author
Mabolza
21 September, 2020 08:21
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Other than relating to them on Mugbook or Twatter I wouldn’t know. I’m not on either but I’d like to think the boys know we are well behind them and very proud

Perhaps if you joined these you would see that there are many many more Chiefs’ fans using these platforms than this forum and why so many have deserted this one.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
21 September, 2020 08:29
Quote:
Mabolza
Quote:
Jehovas Sandals

Perhaps if you joined these you would see that there are many many more Chiefs’ fans using these platforms than this forum and why so many have deserted this one.

I’m sure there are many many Chiefs fans on.both which is their choice.
I however choose not to as it’s my choice.
People are free to leave .....again it’s their choice.
There are many reasons why folk have deserted this one and it’s been that way for quite some time, before I stepped up to moderate when no one else wanted to take it on!!

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
21 September, 2020 08:32
Quote:
chiefswatcher
‘Twatter’. What a horrible expression.
The Chiefs Twitter stream is one of the best in the Premiership. Sometimes the only way I can follow the game. Yesterday there were literally people all over the world checking in. I saw Canada, Crete, California Rome amongst the many who were able to connect with the club using this service.

A little bit of respect for the people who run these accounts at the club please?

Who’s being disrespectful to anyone at the Club?
I can call it whatever I want.......I call a sausage a Banger.....is that being disrespectful too?

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher
21 September, 2020 08:38
It is, without doubt, being disrespectful, by implying people who use the services are mugs or @#$%&. And that last word has a rather interesting meaning up north.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
21 September, 2020 08:54
Quote:
chiefswatcher
It is, without doubt, being disrespectful, by implying people who use the services are mugs or @#$%&. And that last word has a rather interesting meaning up north.

Oh dear......you know I came very close to chucking this in a little while back .....I was persuaded by quite a few to give it another go......unfortunately there are some very touchy people out there who get offended by the simplest things.......and there you have one of the very reasons I don’t go on Mugbook ir Twatter!!

chiefswatcher
chiefswatcher
21 September, 2020 10:20
Just asking someone to moderate their language is not being touchy. It is possible to have a debate about things you know. .

I said I would stop posting in here a couple of weeks back. I’ll not only do that, I’ll stop reading stuff too.

Enjoy your moderating - you do a great job.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
21 September, 2020 10:45
Quote:
chiefswatcher
Just asking someone to moderate their language is not being touchy. It is possible to have a debate about things you know. .
I said I would stop posting in here a couple of weeks back. I’ll not only do that, I’ll stop reading stuff too.

Enjoy your moderating - you do a great job.

Goodbye

samlee99
samlee99
21 September, 2020 13:09
I see the charm offensive on here is still going then. Without much charm obviously.

Poking With Sticks
Poking With Sticks
21 September, 2020 14:12
Twitter's a pretty good way to show support. I think a lot of the players have referenced how they appreciate the support they get there.

MESSAGES->author
ouch!_that_hurts
21 September, 2020 15:18
If I recall, both Jacques V and Stuart H thanked the fans in their post-match interviews yesterday, one (JV I think) saying it's a shame we weren't there to see it but how the whole club appreciated the support.

matt2fat
matt2fat
21 September, 2020 21:16
How about a video compilation from us fans? People can record short message of support and I can edit them all together and send it over to Mark Stevens who can hopefully show the players. We would have to act fast though to get it done before the semi final on Saturday. Let me know what you all think?

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
22 September, 2020 07:48
Great idea!
My lad was also wondering whether it would be possible to gather at sandy park to provide some sort of good luck/coyc show of support before the game. Obviously we'd all have to leg it back home to watch it on TV but I'm sure the squad would love to see a big bunch of us (socially distanced of course) out on the concourse cheering and whooping.
Like the video idea a lot.

LONDON IRISH
mackemII
22 September, 2020 08:16
Quote:
Tiverton Brave
Great idea!
My lad was also wondering whether it would be possible to gather at sandy park to provide some sort of good luck/coyc show of support before the game. Obviously we'd all have to leg it back home to watch it on TV but I'm sure the squad would love to see a big bunch of us (socially distanced of course) out on the concourse cheering and whooping.
Like the video idea a lot.

But then you'll be breaking the "rule of 6" law!

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
22 September, 2020 09:42
Thats true, I forgot that. Unless we all stand 2 metres apart smiling smiley Lets go with the video stuff then. How do we do it Matt2?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net