Latest news:

..... .... Go Well Go Hard Go Chiefs ...... the fun continues .......

Welcome to The Tribe, web site for Exeter Chiefs Fans, PLEASE ensure you credit your sources when posting information you've read elsewhere, and preferably post a link to the original material (if found electronically), Thanks....Opinions expressed on these messageboards are those of individuals and do not necessarily reflect the views of the editors. This site is run independently of all external organisations, and readers and posters are referred to the Exeter Chiefs Official website for their views. Any hyperlink will be removed at the request of the original site owner

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BBC NEWS. Chiefs v Bris?
Discussion started by Shouting Prarie Dog (IP Logged), 16 October, 2020 18:35
MESSAGES->author
Shouting Prarie Dog
16 October, 2020 18:35
Its just been announced that we will play Bristol in next weeks final if Wasps fail new covid tests on Monday.
Bristol were the highest ranked of the semi final losers.

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2020

Tiverton Brave
Tiverton Brave
16 October, 2020 19:21
WHAT???

Zyder head
Zyder head
16 October, 2020 19:40
It makes some sense but I hope it doesn't happen this way.
If Bristol were to be champions having been beaten in a semi final??!!
Fingers and everything else crossed for Wasps that they get the all clear.
They have certainly earned the right to be in the final.

MESSAGES->author
VeeDub
16 October, 2020 19:57
It would be better than not playing the final, but whoever won, there would be huge Ďwhat ifsí against it. Chiefs? Well you werenít playing the best team. Briz? Well you shouldnít have been there. Hope it doesnít come to that.

Wake up and smell the Chiefs!†

Broken arrow
Broken arrow
16 October, 2020 20:13
OMG, so Sale are afforded an extension to try and get over the Covid tests and Wasps get no such deal !!! That is disgraceful, I would refuse to play Bristol as a matter of principle and wait until Wasps are fit to play. I cannot believe this decision.

clalan
clalan
16 October, 2020 20:32
Why would having a team who have failed to make the final be included? it would be better letting the team that actually topped the league have the trophy.
I would rather them give Wasps (who deserve to be there) an extension, there are no gate receipts to worry about. Obviously if they cant make it the Covid rule of the automatic win for the other team has been thrown out the window.
Bristol or any other team apart from Wasps should not play.

Currychief
Currychief
16 October, 2020 21:05
Is this BT deciding?

MESSAGES->author
Thomas Hawk
16 October, 2020 21:25
To be honest I have long held the opinion that the final is a complete waste of time when the team who finishes first throughout the domestic league may not be crowned the champions.

Covid has doubled down on that as there is now no longer the money spinner for the RFU of 80,000 fans inside Twickenham, so what remains? Just TV rights money..

I would have thought it would have been better to say that if Wasps fail Exeter are the Champions by default rather than giving a back door entry to the team that Wasps spanked in the semi final which personally I feel diminishes the prestige of the event..

MESSAGES->author
Tribester
16 October, 2020 21:35
I know we're in a strange time, but I had to check it wasn't April the 1st.

Currychief
Currychief
16 October, 2020 21:52
Money taking

Hoopsy
Hoopsy
16 October, 2020 22:09
Bris fan here ... If Wasps cant play the title should be awarded to you. It would be wrong for beaten Semi finalists to play in a final. Good luck tomorrow.... make it a double English celebration smiling smiley

PS I hate playoffs !

Exeforever
Exeforever
16 October, 2020 22:25
Agree with all of the above.

If they must have a game to show on TV why not Exe v England Saxons? They have a full England side training for the Barbarians game so must have a viable alternative XXIII. (I still think we'd win)

goss8800
Chief Fire Water
16 October, 2020 22:37
What a joke this season will of been if this goes ahead.

If Wasps canít raise a team they have to forfeit the game and Exeter crowned champions. That is the ruling in place and should be followed.

memnoch70
memnoch
16 October, 2020 22:54
I Donít think we (Bristol) should be in the final if wasps canít make it.

The trophy should be awarded to you guys.

clalan
clalan
16 October, 2020 22:58
I have no problem with playoffs, we may need them next season as we will lose a lot of front line players to the nations. I do like the idea of a Saxons game, but I'm sure Wasps will be fine.

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
16 October, 2020 23:15
Where was this announced?
It

I drink and forget stuff!

Flora
Flora
16 October, 2020 23:55
Hi JS, the report was on BBC latest regarding the Premiership final (10 hours ago). I appreciate the Bristol supporters input and agree with earlier posts that if Wasps are in the unfortunate situation of failing further COVID testing, they should forfeit the game and Chiefs be awarded the points, as agreed by RFU earlier this season. This has been applied twice, and I think it would be a travesty of justice to suddenly change the rules just because it is the final. It would be grossly unfair to Wasps, Bristol & Exeter, as well as Sale. Surely if regulations have been set in place and followed for previous games, the rules canít be changed just because itís a final? This could well be challenged, will leave a sour taste at the end of an extremely difficult season for all sides.

MESSAGES->author
VeeDub
17 October, 2020 06:27
The rules for the final were apparently agreed back in August.

Wake up and smell the Chiefs!†

Jehovas Sandals
Jehovas Sandals
17 October, 2020 07:07
I just read the article....and it does indeed say it was agreed in August as Veedub says.
I think personally itís a ridiculous decision considering the current climate.
I truly hope we play Wasps and the better team wins on the day otherwise it will feel really worthless to me..

I drink and forget stuff!

Exeforever
Exeforever
17 October, 2020 09:23
Interesting that even on the Bristol board there isn't one poster in favour of Bristol being in the domestic final.

This whole surrogate opponent arrangement stinks of TV money greed over player welfare and of a rugby world so close to going broke that if BT wanted the game played in the nude and on ice PRL would probably agree.

Shame on all of those involved and I hope that Wasps are fully recovered when the test results come back on Monday.

Perhaps Bristol would refuse to play, as the title would be tainted if they won it having lost in the S/F, and, from what he says, I do believe that Pat Lam cares about his players' wellbeing.

It's a great shame that at a time when there's some really good rugby being played it is getting buried in this sort of negative press.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net