Latest news:

Should we limit ourselves to League One?
Discussion started by alexp1991 (IP Logged), 28 May, 2019 17:28
alexp1991
alexp1991
28 May, 2019 17:28
Just a thought for discussion...

Would those involved in South Wales rugby league (as a whole) be better served putting their resources into a team to compete in the proposed U18 academy league and/or reserve system next year?

The question has to be does League One attract the best possible welsh talent when itís arguably more lucrative to play in the Welsh RU premiership or championship I.e. Jordan Howells and Jack Pring.

Rogero
Rogero
28 May, 2019 21:59
I for one want to see RL played at the highest level BUT I want the team I support to be reasonably competitive.

Is that the dilemna?

I cannot believe we used to have a Super League team in South Wales..

alexp1991
alexp1991
28 May, 2019 23:01
Quote:
Rogero
I for one want to see RL played at the highest level BUT I want the team I support to be reasonably competitive.
Is that the dilemna?

I cannot believe we used to have a Super League team in South Wales..

Pretty much my exact thoughts from earlier this afternoon Roger, seems so long ago and so far away in some respects.

UlsterFan
40:20
29 May, 2019 08:24
It has almost gone beyond a joke for me, it needs addressing and quickly.

50 consecutive defeats? - "Good grief" said Charlie Brown.

SMB
SMB
29 May, 2019 09:27
I think his baseball team had a simalar run of defeats!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/05/2019 09:28 by SMB.

alexp1991
alexp1991
29 May, 2019 10:18
Quote:
It has almost gone beyond a joke for me, it needs addressing and quickly.
50 consecutive defeats? - "Good grief" said Charlie Brown.

What winds me up just as much is the lack of urgency from the club. The social media channels are a joke - a screenshot of League Expressí match report should not suffice for a semi-pro club. Give Swansea Uni a call and ask for a budding media student to schedule 4 posts a week, itís easy enough.

The more weíre out there, the more attractive we seem to all punters whether that be fans, sponsors or even players.

Rant over...

UlsterFan
04 June, 2019 08:25
Alex said - "What winds me up just as much is the lack of urgency from the club. The social media channels are a joke - a screenshot of League Expressí match report should not suffice for a semi-pro club. Give Swansea Uni a call and ask for a budding media student to schedule 4 posts a week, itís easy enough.

The more weíre out there, the more attractive we seem to all punters whether that be fans, sponsors or even players.

Rant over..."

Alex - you have summed it up well. More focus on the sport and less on the extra curricula stuff is needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 08:26 by 40:20.

jarrad
jarrad
04 June, 2019 08:36
Can you explain how the social media is a joke as i do our social media anything i can do better ? I run my own business and do it free of charge for the club never got paid a penny so unfortunately I dont have time like some do. As regards to the league express snips thats posted by our CEO

Rogero
Rogero
04 June, 2019 09:02
Hi Jarrad from my personal point of view - Fans want to know who is playing and why people are out of action and for how long, when are players coming back from lay offs etc. In the run up to the game the likely 17 to take the field, the thoughts of the coach etc. Plus at the end a written summary / report on how the match went. Social media is viewed by many is a number of different ways and is open to criticism but professional sports teams need to embrace all the ways of marketing themselves.

Just as an example - players were signed, some we have barely seen.... Just let the fans know.

As I have posted on a seperate thread about knowledge - "information is key". Fans want to know what is going on with the players who will be taking the field and want to read a good summary after the event.

We get so little coverage from Wales On Line etc it is frustrating.

Rogero
Rogero
04 June, 2019 09:28
Jarrad, me again! - I am not overly keen on Twitter (I think I am too old) but probably one thing the club do need to sort out is there are a number of WWR facebook "sites" and it is confusing as to which is the official one. This might assist moving forward.

The club website has always been slow in getting anything on there. The last preview was 18th March! No match report since February!

Websites form an important part of the social media spectrum and the WWR website falls down due to lack of content and continuity. It always has done.

Repeatedly I have said that not everybody uses twitter or facebook, BUT everyone knows about websites and the WWR one is not updated nearly enough and does not contain all the info fans want to read about...

Rogero

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2019 10:32 by Rogero.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
04 June, 2019 10:24
The club website does not list the current season's results, scorers or attendances.

The matchday videos section contains a total of four and one is from last year.

Players who have left the club are still in the squad summary / pictures which does not appear to have been updated for some while.

... Just a few examples of how hard it is to find factual and informative stuff about the club.

UlsterFan
06 June, 2019 08:34
....hopefully the very accurate and sensible comments will assist the club moving forward in the particular area of communication?

Rogero
Rogero
06 June, 2019 12:51
Quote:
....hopefully the very accurate and sensible comments will assist the club moving forward in the particular area of communication?

We shall see. But I have been passing comment about the out of date articles on the website for a couple of years....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2019 18:09 by Rogero.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
07 June, 2019 11:59
Time waits for no one....

as the song goes.

Onto RL on the field matters - what chance have WWR got v Workington tomorrow?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
10 June, 2019 15:13
Quote:
alexp1991
What winds me up just as much is the lack of urgency from the club. The social media channels are a joke - a screenshot of League Expressí match report should not suffice for a semi-pro club. Give Swansea Uni a call and ask for a budding media student to schedule 4 posts a week, itís easy enough.

Rant over...

You raise an interesting point.The club is effectively run by 2 people.Both in full time employment,family responsibilities and both have such a love for the sport that they coach other sides,( university and under age ) and unfortunately,with things not going so well on the field,the off-field situation comes under the microscope.

How other clubs perceive West Wales Raiders is very important.More important is how the clubs treats its sponsors and supporters.

Saturday was the night when the club held a Sponsors Evening.Astonishingly,on the club Twitter account,the team sheet was shown - without any sponsor name alongside the player name.

I would hope the club has sponsors for ALL the players.I know many of the players have sponsors.

Scroll Down Before Saturdays Game - No Sponsor Next To Player

Here is another League 1 club - Friday Night Game - Sponsor Named Prior To Player

Another League club - Sunday Game - Sponsor Named - Player Position - Player Name

Wonder what the sponsors think?

UlsterFan
10 June, 2019 15:35
Quote:
cast-Iron13
Quote:
alexp1991

Rant over...

You raise an interesting point.The club is effectively run by 2 people.Both in full time employment,family responsibilities and both have such a love for the sport that they coach other sides,( university and under age ) and unfortunately,with things not going so well on the field,the off-field situation comes under the microscope.

How other clubs perceive West Wales Raiders is very important.More important is how the clubs treats its sponsors and supporters.

Saturday was the night when the club held a Sponsors Evening.Astonishingly,on the club Twitter account,the team sheet was shown - without any sponsor name alongside the player name.

I would hope the club has sponsors for ALL the players.I know many of the players have sponsors.

Scroll Down Before Saturdays Game - No Sponsor Next To Player

Here is another League 1 club - Friday Night Game - Sponsor Named Prior To Player

Another League club - Sunday Game - Sponsor Named - Player Position - Player Name

Wonder what the sponsors think?

Interesting and informative, especially for those of us who don't venture onto Twitter very often....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net