lewj
10 July, 2019 13:39
Last season our averages were -

6.8 points scored per game
81 points conceded per game

This season to date average -

7.9 points scored per game
54 points conceded per game

It is all too easy to find the negatives but to concede almost 30 less points is a positive and the points for are slightly better so the team seem to be going the right way.

Is it good enough? Nowhere near if we're being honest.

I feel sorry for the coach working with what he does.
The players in the main give their all with questions over commitment from some but if we're being honest a lot of them aren't up to it and never will be.

The question is, without the money to bring in finished articles how do the club go about improving the matchday squad that ultimately look to improve fortunes and get competitive.
Make no mistake here I see competitive as getting the odd win and growing from there. I see competitive as probably 1st year of South Wales Scorpions as a benchmark.

Rogero
Rogero
10 July, 2019 13:54
Great shout Lewis.

The Scorpions got to the play offs in their first season, it has got progressively worse since. Crowds in the first season averaged 631, because the team were winning matches are challenging for a play off position.

The only thing which will get people interested again is the product on the pitch.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
10 July, 2019 14:30
Good op.I have just picked up something from the North Wales Crusaders Forum

where it seems a change of location would suit the club.

There is also the suggestion that they are not big spenders on players salary.

Surprised Me.Wrexham Followers

jarrad
jarrad
10 July, 2019 16:41
Speaking to Kim he was let down by a lot of Agents etc on sending us players who were very highly rated and only seeing them on videos as its hard to travel all over the world scouting players on a shoe string budget. There are positive things being discussed for next season and kim has admitted himself he didnt realise how big a job it is. He is staying with us and wants to get this to work. We will beat Coventry in 2 weeks few players returning and few new faces coming into the squad

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
10 July, 2019 17:25
It may be too little,too late But This Scenario Is Interesting

Rogero
Rogero
10 July, 2019 21:42
Quote:
jarrad
Speaking to Kim he was let down by a lot of Agents etc on sending us players who were very highly rated and only seeing them on videos as its hard to travel all over the world scouting players on a shoe string budget. There are positive things being discussed for next season and kim has admitted himself he didnt realise how big a job it is. He is staying with us and wants to get this to work. We will beat Coventry in 2 weeks few players returning and few new faces coming into the squad

Let's look forward to that! It would be great.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
11 July, 2019 10:16
fingers crossed for that to happen - beating Coventry Bears that is

lewj
lewj
11 July, 2019 13:33
Quote:
jarrad

You sound very confident.

We will wait and see.

jarrad
jarrad
11 July, 2019 16:50
Cant be negative lifes to short for negativity. Positive thoughts are better than negative thoughts

jd1664.
jd1664.
11 July, 2019 17:03
Without in any way ďhaving a goĒ that sounds like the mantra of our would be PM but, as with the blonde buffoon I would question whether it compensates for the cold air of reality.

lewj
lewj
11 July, 2019 17:46
Quote:
jarrad
Cant be negative lifes to short for negativity. Positive thoughts are better than negative thoughts

I'm all for positivity but positivity in the face of facts to date and being left with egg on your face helps nobody.

Now "I think we will give Coventry a good go in a few weeks with a much stronger squad" is both positive and not committing too much. Everybody is free to say what they want though. Let's hope you're right.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
12 July, 2019 09:01
It will be interesting to see the handicap when the bookies produce the odds next week. We could all make a few quid!

(Sm16)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2019 09:14 by Taketheone....

Rogero
Rogero
12 July, 2019 09:22
The bookies have got the handicap wrong on a few occasions this season. I have won some money thanks to WWR beating the predictions at least twice.

Good luck all

Roger

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
12 July, 2019 17:08
Cobi Green,the half back,has joined Coventry,on loan for a month.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
12 July, 2019 17:08
Cobi Green,the half back,has joined Coventry,on loan for a month.

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
12 July, 2019 20:31
If - and Iím hugely sceptical - the comment about wages is true, then this is a disgrace. Players up there wonít travel unless itís worth their while and IF WWR are paying above that on a basic then thatís incompetence on the highest level at 5he highest level of the club based on the results. Pay big win bonus with low game fee by all means but if itís the other way round it is just throwing money down the drain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net