Latest news:

I am thinking about the future.
Discussion started by Rogero (IP Logged), 28 August, 2019 08:33
Rogero
Rogero
28 August, 2019 08:33
Is it worth me carrying on? It's gone so quiet on here. The club avoid the forum like the plague, and most fans have drifted away. Happier to engage on facebook and twitter...

Thoughts would be welcome.

Cheers guys

Rogero

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
28 August, 2019 10:08
Hi Roger,

What makes you think the club avoid the forum? Are they aware of it? I think Kim Williams uses the TotalRL forum.
I think the club owner and the CEO may be too busy chasing about to find the time to look at this forum - or be aware what other League 1 clubs are doing.

There has been a blank weekend and the thought of playing away at a boisterous,expectant,home support at Whitehaven as they close their home fixtures prior to almost certain automatic promotion,will have dulled any enthusiasm from WWR followers.

Away from West Wales there is a new name in the sport for 2020 - Swinton Going Manchester Coming - which seems to be another kick in the teeth to Manchester Rangers who were refused entry to League 1.

Picking up on a podcast it seems the Ottawa club may be taking a bit more from Hemel Hempstead than just their place in League 1 - and because of that entry in 2021 seems more than likely.So the number of games next season MAY remain the same - BUT,will there be any promotion at the end of next season,or will central funding be cut earlier than first thought?

As for users on the Forum - the more outlets used,the better.

I probably won't be here,as I'm planning on returning to England.But the more information,possibly on a daily basis,together with differing opinions,is definitely the way to do it.

There is a West Wales Raiders Supporters Page on Facebook.
Now is the time of year where new signings - and the retained list - is discussed.Or should be...
Will the club get 2 wins next year? How dedicated will the other clubs be to get promoted before the central funding is ended once the broadcast deal ends at the end of the 2021 campaign?
Will a new TV deal help - or will the cull of semi-professional clubs result in only a few professional clubs still playing the sport?

Rogero
Rogero
28 August, 2019 15:08
Paul - you are moving? You will be missed - good luck. Keep in touch - by whatever means you choose!

The club know this forum exists believe me.

This forum has survived through Celtic Crusaders, South Wales Scorpions, South Wales Ironmen and the West Wales Raiders but perhaps like me it is too tired and old....? Perhaps a rebrand is needed?

I have the records which may be useful...

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
30 August, 2019 21:39
I think the forum will pick up - especially if the club recruit some new,interesting names,to the squad for 2020.

There may be some interest in commenting after the difficult game on Sunday.

Whitehaven After Win

As I put on another forum,the real problem arises when perceived negatives turn into apathy.

It is far better to be negative and pass constructive criticism,than become apathetic when all is lost.

The lack of information from the club is disturbing and doesn't help new or lapsed followers in the sport.

The information passed by the club could be a springboard to various opinions - but it is almost as if people want the sport to be arcane.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
31 August, 2019 20:57
Quote:
cast-Iron13
I think the forum will pick up - especially if the club recruit some new,interesting names,to the squad for 2020.
There may be some interest in commenting after the difficult game on Sunday.

Whitehaven After Win

As I put on another forum,the real problem arises when perceived negatives turn into apathy.

It is far better to be negative and pass constructive criticism,than become apathetic when all is lost.

The lack of information from the club is disturbing and doesn't help new or lapsed followers in the sport.

The information passed by the club could be a springboard to various opinions - but it is almost as if people want the sport to be arcane.

Excellent post - thank you.

T

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
01 September, 2019 16:49
Another heavy defeat - Only 15 players.

The future will be interesting.

Rogero
Rogero
01 September, 2019 16:51
only 2 subs?

WHY ??

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
01 September, 2019 17:00
Quote:
Rogero
only 2 subs?
WHY ??
Long journey, last game of season, nothing to play for and a hammering coming their way.

jarrad
jarrad
01 September, 2019 23:16
We had an injury crisis managed to have 17 players available. Young matt jones was injured playing for torfaen saturday and joe mcclean pulled out last minute with a bug

Rogero
Rogero
03 September, 2019 12:55
Surely if your picked to play for the West Wales Raiders you don't play the day before for Torfaen?

Just a thought from a wrinkled old fan.

Hopefully better times wait for us in 2020.

Rogero
Rogero
08 September, 2019 19:38
It looks like I will be talking to myself on here for the time being!

Keep in touch guys.

jarrad
jarrad
09 September, 2019 11:07
There is a new signing announced in league express this week. New zealander bayley liu played for kim at the capras

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
09 September, 2019 20:36
Players of that standard most welcome. Also fact that Kim knows him should help with stability within squad.

Thanks for update Jarrad.

jarrad
jarrad
09 September, 2019 21:32
I only seen it in league express myself

alexp1991
alexp1991
11 September, 2019 19:43
Wasnít he meant to sign during the Marc Lovering era? Recognise the name.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2019 19:43 by alexp1991.

jarrad
jarrad
11 September, 2019 21:41
Thats right Alex he was a recommendation from Lee Byrnes mate in oz. but had family issues i believe and couldnt come over at the time

UlsterFan
40:20
12 September, 2019 21:17
Better late than never!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net