Latest news:

Kim Williams To Leave West Wales Raiders...
Discussion started by cast-Iron13 (IP Logged), 11 November, 2019 19:14
cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
11 November, 2019 19:14
...Full story on club website.

He will remain at the club until a successor is found.

jarrad
jarrad
11 November, 2019 21:55
Sad news but the offer he has is to good to turn down canít fault his professionalism

Rogero
Rogero
12 November, 2019 08:12
Not good news at all but as Jarrad says Kim has to do what is best for his professional career. I like others wish him all the best.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
12 November, 2019 14:26
It also seems that the partnership with the Italian club,that did play in the French Leagues,I think,has come to an end,with Saluzzo Roosters crossing the code divide and joining the 15-a-side sport.

Story Here...

Rogero
Rogero
12 November, 2019 14:51
It is at least nice to see some activity on the old message board however not in the best of circumstances I have to admit?

Some locally based pundits predicted this time last year that 2019 was going to be our year and we would surprise a lot of people. That didn't happen unfortunately...

What does 2020 hold for us and the sport in South and West Wales?

jarrad
jarrad
13 November, 2019 08:50
When Huddersfield come knocking on your door you canít turn them down

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
13 November, 2019 10:55
I was quite surprised.I thought it may have been St Helens - despite the staff already involved in their academy.
It also appears that Canberra Raiders have joined with Huddersfield so the best young players go out to Canberra.

Kim Williams has a 3 years contract.Best wishes to him.

2 Australians leave the club and go to west Yorkshire.I don't think anyone would have predicted that...

Rogero
Rogero
13 November, 2019 17:02
Nobody blames Kim Williams for moving on - all the very best of luck to him, and thanks for what he did for WWR. I for one will be watching Huddersfield's results.

The point is - even with Kim we struggled to get going and we still finished bottom of the league despite all the pre season hype at the end of 2018 and in the run up to 2019.

What are the realistic hopes for 2020 ? Nobody expects trees to be pulled up, but....

We all love RL on this message board but it needs to be played competitively.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
13 November, 2019 21:25
I think this is where it would have been helpful if Kim had an assistant who could then carry on so there was continuity.It may be a whole new system coming into play.

There does seem to be a 'rumour' of some money at the club and a 'rumour' of a new signing.

I can't see it myself,and it may be best for the new head coach to make the decisions on signings

Rumour - Rubbish or Substance?

Rogero
Rogero
14 November, 2019 08:28
Don't you just love rumours.

Re cash - It could be great news. Or is it false news?

I have heard about building a team around experience but RL is a tough sport and Fuifui Moimoi will be almost 41 by the time the 2020 season finishes. A great player but surely too old now? But I could be wrong....

Still it is super to see Cast Iron 13 still with us on the old message board - let's keep the discussion going.

Nobody has mention the GB either!!

jarrad
jarrad
14 November, 2019 11:50
Wouldnít believe everything you read online lol

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
17 November, 2019 21:41
Sad to hear this news.

Been away due to family illness and bereavement.

Need to digest fully and think through implications but initial thoughts are:

Well done to Kim personally.

Typical of his past behaviours that he wants to assist in finding his successor.

RL is still alive in S Wales.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
18 November, 2019 14:48
Just a quick quote from Kim Williams in todays RLE

''......I know the club has already had some quality applicants ask about the role I'm leaving,so I feel comfortable and confident that they can kick on.
The chairman and the CEO will make the final decision on who they bring in,but I will have some involvement and I'll be able to give them some feedback on any of the guys I know personally.
I am very keen to leave the club in the right hands,so for the next couple of weeks the priority will be getting what I can in place to make the transition as smooth as possible.''

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net