Latest news:

Full house at Headingley
Discussion started by Rogero (IP Logged), 13 January, 2020 07:40
Rogero
Rogero
13 January, 2020 07:40
I watched the Testimonial / Fubd Raiser match between Leeds and Bradford yesterday. The redeveloped ground was full. The Rhinos beat the Bulls 34-10 but the winner was the sport and Bob Burrow who has Motor neurone disease (MND).

MND is a rare condition that progressively damages parts of the nervous system.

Burrow took to Twitter after the match to thank fans for the support that he has received.

'Its really hard to find the words to describe today & what it meant to me & my family,' he wrote. 'No day in my sporting life could ever come close to the feeling I had today.

'Privileged, honoured & completely blown away to name a few. RL is the greatest sport on earth & tonight showed why.'

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
13 January, 2020 12:42
Well done the RL community.

As Roger has said on here before along with others like CI13, Mike and Penybont Crusader - Rugby League is a fantastic support but does not get the coverage nationally it deserves, yesterday was a brilliant example of the whole community. A packed house, no need for segregation, club colours from all over the UK..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net