Latest news:

Have there been any new signings?
Discussion started by lewj (IP Logged), 26 February, 2020 08:48
lewj
lewj
26 February, 2020 08:48
After the defeat to Underbank Rangers and the admission from the club that they fell way short of the standards required and that they needed to add to the squad, has there been any additions to the squad?

Are we really going in to the League 1 season with a squad that failed to beat an amateur team in the Challenge Cup?

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
27 February, 2020 10:33
Start of the 3rd year as a semi-professional side. Seem under-prepared and certainly under-cooked.

Despite that it appears Archie Snook is full of enthusiasm,and his interview in the Rugby League World magazine should be available tomorrow.

Rugby League World

lewj
lewj
27 February, 2020 13:12
If only enthusiasm won you games.

I find it alarming that the club basically admitted to being nowhere near the required level and since then absolutely nothing.

I wait with baited breath for the hard luck stories and mentions of players on their way after an absolute shoeing at the hands of Hunslet. I had pencilled this one in as one to travel to watch live. I don't think I'll bother for a one sided drubbing.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
27 February, 2020 17:49
With the limited number of players training in pre-season even a whole host of player signings isn't going to change things for some time.

I suspect heavy defeats for at least the first few games,at least,are inevitable.

UlsterFan
40:20
27 February, 2020 18:10
I like others keep checking the official club website - as of 6pm today it has not been updated since 27th January - that is a whole month.

The cup result has not been added to the fixture / result list and there is no news of any signings, the lack of quality information from the club is poor I am afraid to say. Social media does highlight you can get into the next game free if you wear a Welsh related RL top - which is a nice gesture but will not help the finances I fear. Hopefully Hunslet fans will not have seen the offer!!!

Hopefully we will be surprised when Hunslet are despatched back home with a thumping!

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
28 February, 2020 13:02
Quote:
40:20
Hopefully we will be surprised when Hunslet are despatched back home with a thumping!

Chapeau! As they say,nowadays.You win the award for the best understatement of the day,week,month,year.
It will never be a surprise.It will be the shock of the sporting calendar.

Hunslet have had numerous pre-season games and some testing cup games.

I cannot get at the original Darwin team work index but I have located another link.I firmly believe that he is absolutely correct.Even if WWR were to recruit the recently retired superstars from Australia it won't make any difference .A very difficult few months ahead.I agree,there may be thumpings...

Team Work Index.

lewj
lewj
29 February, 2020 08:11
It makes you wonder what the purpose of the team is.

Getting smashed every week, it can't be to blood youngsters as it is more than likely knocking every bit of love and enthusiasm for the game out of them.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
29 February, 2020 10:12
The last interview on this weeks League 1 Show is with Aaron Wood,the WWR head coach.

It seems there should be 6 signings...by April!

Starts after 38 minutes - League 1 Show - 28th February

Rogero
Rogero
29 February, 2020 16:39
Six signings by April!! Good grief the season started three weeks ago!

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
01 March, 2020 11:59
Quote:
Rogero
Six signings by April!! Good grief the season started three weeks ago!

Not acceptable. Aaron Woods is working with both hands tied behind his back, blindfolded and spun round ten times with this scenario. All kudos to him for taking the job on.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
02 March, 2020 00:05
Players coming from France,at the end of April,according to the programme notes shown on the Twitter account.

Must be at the end of their season?

Penybont Crusader
Penybont Crusader
02 March, 2020 17:22
According to twitter Alex Hicken has re-signed.

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
04 March, 2020 11:36
I've noticed 2 different spellings for Hicken,released on Twitter/match day squad by the club.

I'm guessing that a prop is to replace the cross-code prop who has been banned for 6 games

Davies Banned

Rogero
Rogero
04 March, 2020 18:17
Spelling is the least of our problems, but it is very easy to clarify how members of your own club spell their names!

lewj
lewj
05 March, 2020 09:24
If you look at Twitter, Instagram etc then it appears that we post more about sponsors, the groundsman and links with boxers etc than actually concentrate on the actual first team getting it right on the field.

Why would the spelling of an actual first teamer take priority over an update on a boxer from West Wales and how Swansea Uni have got on? It's baffling.

lewj
lewj
05 March, 2020 09:28
To emphasise my point look at the last 10 posts on Instagram and only two actually feature solely WWR posts.

One is about Miss Wales/Former Miss Wales, three about Fos Las, two about Swansea Uni and one about the coach wearing a hat with a Brewery Logo on it.

Unless these link ups and sponsorships are bringing in a significant amount to improve first team affairs then I think we're giving way too much time to these things when simple things like spelling players names right could be improved.

Taketheone...
Taketheone...
05 March, 2020 17:21
Very well said Lewis, activity is all well and good but fans want to know about the club.

The club website would be an ideal place to start!

I like many others don't know what instagram is!!

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
06 March, 2020 17:03
The promised interview with the head coach,today on the official Twitter account,is an absolute winner.
Nothing about new signings,but ends abruptly,and the whole thing has more music than interview.

alexp1991
alexp1991
06 March, 2020 21:10
Quote:
cast-Iron13
The promised interview with the head coach,today on the official Twitter account,is an absolute winner.
Nothing about new signings,but ends abruptly,and the whole thing has more music than interview.

Thatís because twitter only allow 30 second uploads.

The actual video is around two minutes long (see Facebook)

cast-Iron13
cast-Iron13
07 March, 2020 12:12
Quote:
alexp1991
Quote:
cast-Iron13

Thatís because twitter only allow 30 second uploads.

The actual video is around two minutes long (see Facebook)

Cheers,alex,
This Luddite technophobe has learned something and I found the longer interview.
A change in the halves? Big signing soon?

Good stuff.Thanks for the help.

Jarrad2
Jarrad2
07 March, 2020 17:21
We have signed Alex Hicken and Jamie Laing from the Army 2 decent lads. got 4 French guys signed they will be over when their season ends in April. Also a few more which I wonít mention

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net