Latest news:

Coming season
Discussion started by Miss Rugby , 10 August, 2019 10:09
Coming season
Miss Rugby 10 August, 2019 10:09
I know the season hasn't started yet but how do people feel its going to go this year.
I have to admit I feel a little worried although I hope I am wrong. Having looked around the other clubs forums and seen some of the signings I feel Bedford is going to be left behind.
I hope it isn't the case but maybe the club need to seriously think about the future.

Re: Coming season
Garlic sausage 10 August, 2019 11:19
Think we'll be fine, top 3 for sure.

TryBlues 10 August, 2019 15:31
We will be somewhere in the top half

Falcons, Trailfinders, Reds, Pirates, Coventry and Us

Jonathan Wilcox 11 August, 2019 18:26
6th at best

Luton_Blue 12 August, 2019 17:58
Probably struggle, usually goes that way doesn't it? We have a good season then goes @#$%& up the next?

iron blue 12 August, 2019 18:40
I thought we finished third the last two seasons.

Ginger Blueboy 14 August, 2019 10:49
9 days away from Cambridge friendly, hoping more signings are announced in the next week.

So far, feel we have the quality the challenge all teams, but very concerned by low squad number. Yes, we're no Yorkshire Carnegie trying to assemble a whole squad, but we do really need another prop, second/back row and utility back as a minimum, preferably a prop with some Championship-level experience too.

Having said that, I more or less agree with TryBlues, would still expect top half more than bottom half finish. Or at least, mid-table. I do feel at the moment though, that to achieve third place or even top 4 again is unlikely. Coventry will be much stronger and Pirates I think might even push Ealing for second.

Maybe a host of signings this week will change my mind!

Jonathan Wilcox 15 August, 2019 19:12
Very concerned over the squad size as it stands at the moment, nothing for weeks....

TryBlues 15 August, 2019 21:12
We have another who plays centre who used to be a backrower.

We are looking for a prop who can scrum both sides.

Trinder isn't coming and is off to one of the big spenders of the division who play in Blue and White.

Once the World Cup is over we will pick up some DRs to pad out the squad.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net