Latest news:

Boxing Day
Discussion started by Riverman , 14 August, 2019 12:47
Boxing Day
Riverman 14 August, 2019 12:47
Disappointed we are playing Ampthill. Means it will be packed like last time. Will spend half the time queueing for a drink and the other half the time looking at the backs of people chatting and not watching the game. Will be another nightmare. Was happy to get out of the ground last year

Re: Boxing Day
compo simonite 14 August, 2019 21:05
Riverman

‘Disappointed we are playing Ampthill. Means it will be packed like last time. Will spend half the time queueing for a drink and the other half the time looking at the backs of people chatting and not watching the game. Will be another nightmare. Was happy to get out of the ground last year’

Sorry disagree totally enjoyed the game, yes packed but all Christmas and New Years Days are packed......there are always people chatting about this and that totally off topic (rugby).....behind me it is the racing results or what the chances of the ball ending up in the Fish and van........queuing for drink always have been a pain..........unless its Hartpury playing at GR.........but I can offer some relief the Blues are currently recruiting staff (including bar staff) so the wait will be less.....

I look forward to the Ampthill game and revisiting the tremendous banter.....two ‘real rugby club’s’ but this year playing for points.......and the advantage that the away team haven’t got that far to go home to drowned their sorrows....

TryBlues 14 August, 2019 23:30
As Compo says, it doesn't matter who is playing on Boxing Day it is always a sell out with 4k+ which provides much needed income to the club.

Riverman 15 August, 2019 11:59
The bars, toilets and ability to view the game cannot deal with high attendances. I understand the club need the revenue but shouldn't be to the detriment of the match day experience.

TryBlues 15 August, 2019 22:05
It is one match a season, if it is that unbearable then don't turn up.

Can't see us investing £100k + for 1 match every other season.

Riverman 20 August, 2019 16:56
Thanks, i turn up to every match, shame the other 3000 dont.

TryBlues 21 August, 2019 20:12
They may not turn up every match but if each one brings £15 with them to the club that is £45k and a better squad/playing budget than we could enjoy without them.

A bit of pain for 1 game a season for a better 13 others seems worthwhile to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net