Latest news:

1st choice
Discussion started by TryBlues , 15 September, 2019 14:49
1st choice
TryBlues 15 September, 2019 14:49
We will probably know more after the Cup but it looks like the 1st choice would be:

15 Lane
14 Tapley/Hutler
13 Worley
12 Hirskyj-Douglas
11 Adamson
10 Hooley/Leeming
9 Hart

1 McCarthy although Wrafter looks good
2 Smith
3 Unsure on Penny or Paul
4 Carrick-Smith
5 Onojaife
6 Temm
7 Atkinson
8 Worthington

16 Wrafter
17 Fields
18 Paul/Penny
19 Taylor
20 Curry
21 Lennon
22 Leeming/Hooley/Robling
23 Reed/Coulson/Tapley/Hutler

Re: 1st choice
Ginger Blueboy 15 September, 2019 16:27
Can only comment based on yesterday's game, but felt Lennon offered more zip in attack than Hart. Agree on Wrafter and liked the look of Smith too.

However, for me, worry really isn't over the quality of signings made, it's the quantity. Have said before worried about squad size if we get injuries and hey presto, we're looking a bit short in the backs for next Saturday.

All 4 centres and one wing injured at the moment + one fly-half unavailable. From Rayer's notes in the programme, suggestion that a couple of the injured players should be back for next week, which will have to hope proves true.

Heard that some news about the dual registered/loanee players should come next week. I think these boys will help us out during the cup games, but come October, they'll have to go back to their clubs probably while the World Cup goes on. Fingers crossed we have no injury issues come start of the league/we sign another couple of players. With the cup of course, only 4 teams get knocked out at the group stage, so a slow start isn't a mortal blow.

TryBlues 15 September, 2019 19:08
Lennon did look good, when on, but that was also in the 2nd half when the game was breaking up a bit more and going down slope. Hart did make the 2nd try from a quick tap, which is something we have been missing when Dickson was our scrum half.

I did think Hart played a little like Dickson, trying to buy a penalty from the base of a ruck by pretending he couldn't get the ball out, but he does have a better all round game.

Jonathan Wilcox 16 September, 2019 15:28
Squad size is a real concern. See what DR's we get in the next week or so. Sarries have been having training sessions with Ealing so I've heard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net