16. Sean McCarthy
17. Henry Paul
18. Karl Garside
19. Will Carrick Smith
20. Oli Curry
21. James Lennon
22. Lewis Robling
23. Ed Coulson

Team looks good, not great not having a proper hooker on the bench but these games are pretty pointless anyway! Still looking forward to seeing the game and hope we put in a good performance.

Re: Ealing
Bluer Than Ever 21 September, 2019 16:44
I guess there will have to be a full refund of entry charges today as one of the sides due to play didn't turn up. I didn't really expect to win, but this was just embarrassing. I'm am sure there have been many worse Blues performances in the 50 years I have been coming to Goldington Road, but I am struggling to remember them. The team owes me sixteen hard earned pounds.

Bluer Than Ever 21 September, 2019 16:48
Oops, looks like I shouldn't have left after 70 painful minutes with the score at 5: 50! At least there seem to have been 10 respectable minutes!

TryBlues 21 September, 2019 17:25
Quote:
Bluer Than Ever
Oops, looks like I shouldn't have left after 70 painful minutes with the score at 5: 50! At least there seem to have been 10 respectable minutes!

I will pay you £16 a game not to turn up to watch the last 10 mins for the full 80 every game. winking smiley The last 10 mins Ealing couldn't live with us and we scored some good tries.

We were always going to struggle not having a proper fly half, and a backline who haven't been playing together. Considering Ealing have been training with England and Saracens, you would expect them to be a little ahead of us at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2019 18:01 by TryBlues.

Miss Rugby 21 September, 2019 17:30
Whoops! Maybe it will be a long long season

Luton_Blue 21 September, 2019 18:09
Where was our speed? Our handling was shocking and we gifted them loads. Uncontested scrums? I think we started the game like that?

We were lazy and slow - yes one of the worst I’ve seen. Sorry if that upsets the blue tinted glasses brigade

Jonathan Wilcox 21 September, 2019 18:30
Not a good start. Rayer has his work cut out this season, it’s going to be a long one!

Aylesbury Road Blue 21 September, 2019 21:33
Obviously a very disappointing performance by the Blues and recognised by the posts to date, apart from Try Blues who should really wake up and smell the coffee, they may have scored three good tries but Ealing had switched off, just like The Blues tend to do when they have an unassailable lead, yet Ealing still had the last word. The Blues had so much possession in the first half, but as with previous games they can not turn possession into points, making basic mistakes or giving penalties away, and Poor decisions when awarded penalties. There was no leadership on the park, no cohesion amongst the players and too many missed tackles. As JW says Mike Rayer (and the coaching staff) have their work cut out this season and it will be a long one.

Jonathan Wilcox 21 September, 2019 21:36
No leadership, we’ve been here before and look how that season ended...

TryBlues 22 September, 2019 10:04
Massive over reaction here, a lot of the issues described are simply from the players not having played together in that type of intensity. Ealing were well prepared to hit the ground running.

If the game has been the other way round the grumpy ones on the forum would’ve been going how unfit we were! Yet it was Ealing who lost all their structures etc in defence.

Ealing had 3 new players in their team, how many did we have?

We are building for the league. It could’ve been far worse than losing to a team aiming for promotion... Leeds thumped, Ampthill brought down to earth by a mid-table team, Pirates losing at Scottish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2019 10:13 by TryBlues.

AdminBTCov 22 September, 2019 10:38
How do you define a mid-table team before a league game has been playèd? winking smiley

TryBlues 22 September, 2019 10:53
Quote:
AdminBTCov
How do you define a mid-table team before a league game has been playèd? winking smiley

Yes, I upgraded Coventry from their performance from last year based on signings. I believe Coventry will be too half but towards the bottom of it so more 5th or 6th and mid-table.

Burrows will make a huge difference to you.

Ginger Blueboy 22 September, 2019 13:37
Conceding over 50 at home is never good and even in the short highlights some painfully bad missed tackles can be seen. However, given the performance against Cardiff and more settled nature of Ealing squad this year, a 1-5 result isn't unexpected tbh - manner of it disappointing though.

Next week will provide better indication of how we'll fare throughout season given that Cov are a less promotion-intent side and some kind of reaction will be expected following this week.

Not great to hear the interviewer say 'two weeks before the season starts' on the highlights video - news to those paying same price for cup matches as league games I'm sure! But as said before, a slow start doesn't mortally wound cup chances (other than making a home quarter highly unlikely).

Garlic sausage 22 September, 2019 16:42
Talk of a citing for Temm. Any views?

iron blue 23 September, 2019 19:11
The usual, predictable, over the top reaction from the usual, predictable, gloom and doom brigade, ZZzzzzzz.

This competition is nothing more that a fixture filler, the only reason I was even at the game was because it was included in my season ticket, and I suspect that was the same for 90% of the crowd.

Having said that I thought the last 10 minutes we were good and showed what we can be capable of. We got a point that we probably didn't deserve, against a team that trains with England and Saracens, and has a number of ex premiership players, and will probably win the league.

Why not wait until we are 6 or 7 games in before people start banging on about "a long season" and "Rayers got his work cut out". I seem to remember we had all these comments at the start of last season and the one before that. They didn't turn out to bad did they?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net