Latest news:

An England win could be costly
Discussion started by compo simonite , 29 October, 2019 22:52
An England win could be costly
compo simonite 29 October, 2019 22:52
A very interesting article in the Telegraph about an England win......

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Re: An England win could be costly
Magoo 30 October, 2019 10:31
That's on top of the £2,500 fine for crossing the halfway line during New Zealand's haka after they formed a provocative V-shaped formation before the semi-final in Yokohama

iron blue 30 October, 2019 20:37
To be honest I think they deserve it.

compo simonite 30 October, 2019 23:37
Insurance is bit like betting.....you are ‘investing’ an amount of money on a certain outcome.....IF that event comes about you get a pay out.....

So what if the RFU had gone to the ‘bookies’ and placed a bet on an England win (or for that matter took out insurance)......well I bet (I don’t by the way) if the RFU had placed a bet on England winning they would have to have invest about a million at the best odds I saw of 6/1......I don’t think the insurance companies would be offered much better odds......

So did the RFU do right or wrong?

Bluebuthappy 01 November, 2019 18:51
One could argue that most bonuses in major sports are stupidly high (but none more than say Bankers and Stockbrokers who seem to get them just for turning up).

However £6 million will be small beer compared to the extra income England World Cup Winners will generate in bums on seats, tv rights, merchandise etc.

The players have earned it. Compare to say Ireland who never turned up against New Zealand, were stuck in 2nd gear against Japan and 1st gear in their other matches. The IRFU ought to be withholding payment from their squad.

Oh and the Haka fine was stupid. The Kiwis get majorly pumped up from performing the Haka. It’s a Challenge - why shouldn’t opposing teams be allowed to respond to the challenge as they see fit?

England’s ‘V’ wasn’t disrespectful. Creeping over the halfway line warrants no more than a verbal warning and a slap on the wrist. (which Nigel Owens gave). End of Story. Next the Snowflakes will be asking for the match to be replayed due to the ‘emotional distress’ England’s actions caused them....

Bluebuthappy 02 November, 2019 17:29
Ouch!
So having seen the best England performance for several years against the All Blacks, we see probably the worst in several years.
The RFU’s £6 million is safe.

compo simonite 02 November, 2019 19:39
From the savings of not having to pay the bonus the RFU can now easily fund turning the Championship into a 14 team league and increase the payment to all the clubs in the second tier of the sport.........

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net