Latest news:

The Big Boxing Day Bash
Discussion started by compo simonite , 17 December, 2019 19:01
The Big Boxing Day Bash
compo simonite 17 December, 2019 19:01
A week on Thursday the boys in Blue will run out in what must be one of the most important games we have seen at GR for many years, if as I am constantly reminding you lot we nearly always play well against teams we perceive are better than us in the league.......we should do well..... ....

But whatever the result letís hope that we see a record crowd watching entertaining rugby washed down by volumes of fine ale and spirits.......it is the season of good will to all men (and women) ......but I will show some bias in offering theses words.......COYB!

Re: The Big Boxing Day Bash
Ginger Blueboy 17 December, 2019 20:40
Couldn't agree more compo simonite. Probably most important match for us since last time Newcastle were in our division and we were in the play-off finals/facing Nottingham in the semi-final away leg.

Hope the squad knows fans'll be there in loud voice willing them on.

Luton_Blue 18 December, 2019 11:19
Of course I will be there, I'll be there is we got relegated BUT let this be the turning point.

A resounding win! A great performance too - that's what needed right now!

Jonathan Wilcox 18 December, 2019 18:23
Get real, itíll be another win for the Aís 4-0. Tiny squad, no play makers, injuries, etc, etc, etc oh and itíll be raining....

Blue33Years 18 December, 2019 21:09
Was it 2010 or 2011 when you said something positive about the club Mr Wilcox? Don't know why I am doing this as I usually bypass your posts.

Jonathan Wilcox 19 December, 2019 09:49
No definitely 2019..
Iím frustrated by the current situation we find ourselves in, not the only one. I really hope we can turn it around and get back to winning ways. Boxing Day would be a good time to do this in front of a sell out crowd at Goldington Road and also a good time for the youngsters to show case their talent.

Luton_Blue 19 December, 2019 12:30
I agree with Jonathan - if you can find something positive about our current situation please let everybody know.

A good time to showcase their talent? wasn't that time in September?

compo simonite 19 December, 2019 13:48
On the matter of the Big Boxing Day Bash my thoughts are drawn to matters Ďliquidí......news of and recommendations on where to drink prior to the game please.....

Also is it worth us trying to guess the Boxing attendance........perhaps we could have poll is someone knows how to set it up?

Garlic sausage 19 December, 2019 15:56
Quote:
Luton_Blue
I agree with Jonathan - if you can find something positive about our current situation please let everybody know.

Pitch looks good.

Jonathan Wilcox 19 December, 2019 19:06
Garlic, I agree, the pitch at GR always looks good, probably the best in the league to be fair. Then we have Nos, his pork roll and quality chips (been a while since we mentioned the legend lol).
We have one of the best home and away supported teams in the league, we also have talent within the team, individuals that on their day are up there with the best in the league. But that said we arenít firing on all four cylinders at the moment, for what ever reason....Iíve got my thoughts on this, which are different to many and I appreciate that. Iíve always liked the player/coach dual role, weíve had that in key positions in the past but not this season. Maybe weíve taken our eye off the ball...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/12/2019 08:08 by Jonathan Wilcox.

Garlic sausage 21 December, 2019 12:32
Hopefully all brollies will be confiscated on entry.

compo simonite 21 December, 2019 19:21
Garlic Sausage

ĎHopefully all brollies will be confiscated on entry.í

Agreed and hopefully flags and wollie hats with pompoms on them..........

Blues website says that all the tickets have gone and we are full to capacity........so what is our capacity?

compo simonite 23 December, 2019 17:45
Betting on the Boxing day match is out with Mr Paddy Power the latest odds are
BEDFORD are 3/10... AMPTHILL are 3/1 and itís 11/1 the draw

On the handicap betting we are minus 8

IF as I am told Bedford are awful I would suspect that the 3/1 will disappear fairly quickly......
COYB!

Conorbay 23 December, 2019 21:12
I think the 3 to 1 Ampthill is an extraordinarily generous price

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net