Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 17 November Newcastle Falcons v Coventry 3.00 pm KO Championship

Friday 29 November Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC 8.00 pm KO RFU Championship Cup

RESULT: Bedford Blues 6 v 11 Newcastle Falcons Championship

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
New home kit launched 8am on Saturday
Discussion started by markismith50 , 11 August, 2017 14:52
New home kit launched 8am on Saturday
markismith50 11 August, 2017 14:52
Hi guys,

Just a quickie to let you know our new home kit will be launched at 8am tomorrow, and will be available to buy online and in-store at the double header.

We've had the initial kit drop today so stocks are limited, but will be replenished in the coming weeks.

The team will wear the new home kit in the game v Nottingham at 4.30pm, having worn the away strip against Doncaster at 2pm.

News on a sponsor to follow - the initial batch of kit is without a main shirt sponsor.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: New home kit launched 8am on Saturday
aidanb 11 August, 2017 17:14
Ooh I like the tease

Get your shirts now without a sponsor in case the later batches have a sponsor

Falc Dancer 11 August, 2017 17:59
Cheers for the update Smithy

dick g 11 August, 2017 19:22
I wish mine to have three kisses, please.

Falc Dancer 12 August, 2017 06:42
The new home shirt looks the part!

Monkey1 12 August, 2017 06:45
Well it is hard to tell from one photograph taken down a coal mine during a power cut, but it is black with Falcons shoulder stripe things happening, and that is a good recipe for a proper Falcons shirt.

I will have a poke about in the shop later & might do some shopping.

Offy

Monkey1 12 August, 2017 06:48
Update:

Just had the brilliant idea of looking on the online shop, I know, I can't help being a genius.

Me likey.

Me likey a lot.

Start shopping folks.

Doddie's tartan trews 12 August, 2017 07:04
i may have to purchase one before the logo is slapped on it i do like a plain smart shirt.

hopefully a long day of good rugby ahead

Rafpilot2000 12 August, 2017 07:18
Rather underwhelmed but its black with a falcons logo on it and after about 8 seconds on consideration conjugation and justification snapped one up at 0752 whilst enjoying a coffee- oh how inhave missed the rugby season!!!!

Falc Dancer 12 August, 2017 07:25
Maybe I should have added look at the club shop online for a better image

GeordieFalcon 12 August, 2017 09:21
I don't like it. Is that really the best they can come up with!!!!
With that and the away shirt the designers have got away with easy money!

I wanted to buy the new shirt....but I won't be buying this..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 10:44 by GeordieFalcon.

Cumbrian_falcon 12 August, 2017 10:53
I'm really not keen either. I wasn't a fan of the grey and green away kit but what is going on with the sleeves of the home kit horrid.

I might look at the training gear but won't be buying either of the shirts. I think it's a poor effort and not as good as the Gilbert kits to be honest.

Rafpilot2000 12 August, 2017 11:25
I think it's easy to pick faults and this is a limited run clearly without all the sponsorship and premiership patch which I'm sure will give it a little something extra.
That said, ISC haven't exactly gone all out on this, or the away kit. It kinda looks like the stuff you could go on line and buy for your school team by selecting two colours and having your badge put on it. In some ways it reminds me of the Orion kits we had a couple of seasons ago.
I've bought the new one. I'm incredibly grateful to the club for their communication on its release and for pushing the basic shirt out early for us whingers. Just a bit disappointed with what ISC have given us. Gilbert was definitely a better looking kit

lizard118 12 August, 2017 11:37
My initial instinct is that I like it but I need to see it on the players.

GeordieFalcon 12 August, 2017 13:02
Yeah I just think it's a lazy effort. Not much thought gone in to it.

Running Rugby 12 August, 2017 15:29
Not a fan of that shirt at all, looks like a generic training kit that you could knock up on the internet and get sent out for a local team. (only going by the shots on the website, which granted looks better on the players than the shot from the shop section of the site).

Strange that the club have yet to announce a sponsor but released the shirt....kind of pointless, as people will surely want the full kit that is worn by the players, and not what looks like a training kit.

I like the green away shirt, and was expecting something like that with the old thin hoops but in black (main) and white (hoops), ala, the wilkinson years, kind of disappointed to be honest.

May get the green away shirt, but will wait until the sponsors and what not are included on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 15:32 by Running Rugby.

Monkey1 12 August, 2017 16:49
Proof of the pudding & all that....

Wearing the new home shirt as I type, first one that I have bought for many seasons, says it all really. I am struggling to get my head around some of the above comments, as it is a black shirt with the Falcons shoulder stipe motif, and not in white (no thought required) but in a shade of grey that works just right (lots of thought required to get it right) and available in a style that fits rugby supporters rather than rugby players. Somebody has put some thought into it.

Everyone to their own, but the offerings for the last few seasons have not tempted me at all, this one fits the bill nicely, and the hoodie that goes with it is looking like a good hint for a birthday pressie, not a bad trip to the club shop at all.

Monkey1 12 August, 2017 17:14
Word of warning: Don't wear the new home shirt while peeling potatoes, it will get horrible white marks on it.

Top Tip: If you do happen to be wearing the new home shirt while peeling potatoes, simply dab at the white spots with a damp cloth, then use a dry cloth or kitchen roll to dry. Good as new.

Kwa444 12 August, 2017 19:30
I'm not overly impressed I have to say. My favourite shirts were by Kooga way back. That said I thought Gilbert's were OK. When we had Nike they were lame and thoughtless.

I won't say lack of effort went into this but is has a remarkable similarity to something I would expect a round ball referee to wear.

I will certainly be passing up the chance to buy. Training hoodie does look quite smart though.

Cumbrian_falcon 12 August, 2017 20:04
Looking at the home kit today on the players I revise my original comments and actually like it.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net