Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Friday 18 October Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC 8pm KO Championship

Sunday 27 October Cornish Pirates v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm KO Championship

RESULT:Saturday 12 October London Scottish 13 v 17 Newcastle Falcons Championship

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Other Prem results this weekend
Discussion started by Monkey1 , 16 September, 2017 13:35
Other Prem results this weekend
Monkey1 16 September, 2017 13:35
Friday:

Sale 36 - 7 London Irish
A 5 try display from the home side puts our game there in some perspective. Perhaps containment to prevent Sale scoring tries was a good policy after all on a soggy night?

Worcester 10 - 41 Exeter
Probably only to be expected I suppose, but next up Wuss have Gloucester at Kingsholm, and Glos are on a roll, then Sarries at Sixways which will probably not be very pretty either. They will have to hope that Bath have a bad day at the Rec after that or they will be a quarter way through the season & nailed onto the bottom of the table with 0 points.

Saints 24 - 6 Bath
Saints will be delighted with this after beating Leicester last weekend. Perhaps the forecasts of a season of doom for the Northampton club were premature.

Saturday

Leicester 24 - 10 Glos
That will have restored a bit of faith at Welford Road.

Falcons 7 - 29 Saracens
It was never in doubt I suppose, that was an almighty Sarries team, but credit to some outstanding Falcons defence which at least denied the 'visitors' a bonus point that lesser teams would have given. Sarries are a delight to watch when they make things tick.

Sunday

Wasps v Quins 15:00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 09:16 by Monkey1.

Re: Other Prem results this weekend
AFalcon24 16 September, 2017 16:38
I know it's early but I think it will be out of Worcester or Irish who goes down this season. smiling smiley

Heaf 17 September, 2017 02:07
Unfortunately that seems all too likely - just hope its Worcester ...

dick g 17 September, 2017 09:18
I think it will be the Sauces. (My new nickname for the Warriors.)

Garym 17 September, 2017 13:45
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

There's 35 seconds to go 17 September, 2017 15:43
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

Osric 17 September, 2017 18:31
It's early days and both Wuss and Irish will get stronger. Personally, I hope that no-one goes down, Bristol and Carnegie come up and the league is then protected for at least three years. I know, I know ... but it's mid September already - high time we debate the pros and cons of a protected league. Perhaps we were a little keener on the idea when we thought it might benefit us.
So far, my pre-season feelings that Glos and Saints would struggle seem a little bit wide of the mark, so I'll keep my mystic meg predictions to myself from now on.

Monkey1 18 September, 2017 07:17
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

That's what happens when one idiot comes on here & gives the rest of the Wuss supporters a bad reputation. If Wuss do go down, and I certainly don't wish that upon them, Sixways Cheryl is going to get such a hard time.

Bedlington Lad 18 September, 2017 10:44
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Reciprocal baiting.

That's what happens when one idiot comes on here & gives the rest of the Wuss supporters a bad reputation. If Wuss do go down, and I certainly don't wish that upon them, Sixways Cheryl is going to get such a hard time.

Not forgetting that idiot Mr.Worcester

pa8 18 September, 2017 10:49
Mr. Worcester seems to have gone awful quiet, mind you it was on third party forums that he was at his worst and haven't read many recently, so he might still be active.

Heaf 18 September, 2017 12:46
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Because I support LI

Monkey1 18 September, 2017 12:54
That's a damned good reason Heaf.
(Sm22)

Heaf 18 September, 2017 13:24
I thought so (Sm128)

Garym 18 September, 2017 16:56
Quote:
Heaf
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
Heaf
Why?

Because I support LI

I can understand that as a reason .....

Monkey1 18 September, 2017 20:25
I'm with Heaf. Worcester should be relegated, but don't wait until the season is over, do it now.

The reason for my change of heart; My Worcester boiler (founder Cecil Duckworth, he of Worcester Warriors fame) has packed in again, apparently due to the same faulty part as last time. It is a fairly new boiler and is now onto its fourth main control circuit board. It is basically rubbish, and very expensive rubbish, and it is only right to condemn the whole of Worcester into oblivion as punishment.

Kwa444 18 September, 2017 21:00
I hope they review a ringfenced premiership concept. I can say it now knowing we are one of the stronger sides, but I have maintained it for years.

Relegation is totally illogical in the current financial situation of most larger and smaller clubs in England at present. At least try to make one league financially sustainable and give those clubs stability to achieve this.

Nationally it seems acceptable to be significantly concerned about the finamcial unknowns caused by Brexit (I make no judgement on that) and yet it seems perfectly acceptable to throw one of our rugby clubs off the edge each season into the same sort of unknown without any consideration of an alternative.

We should call it Prexit..... sorry.... I'll go quiet again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2017 21:02 by Kwa444.

Heaf 18 September, 2017 23:08
I'm with you guys - relegate Worcester now for Monkey's perfectly reasonable stance smiling smiley or ring fence as the current system makes it very tough for the 'lower teams' to build for the future with all the uncertainty around relegation - LI wasn't helped by the playoffs being scrapped a year too late either and we're already looking like we may be struggling at LH and back row after the latest round of injuries ...

Monkey1 19 September, 2017 07:13
Quote:
Heaf
..... after the latest round of injuries ...

Steady on mate, people will think you are a Worcester supporter.
(Sm100)

dick g 19 September, 2017 09:31
I think my support of ring fencing is well known. It would bring stability, encourage investment, be better for developing England qualified players, reduce reliance on recruiting expensive overseas mercenaries to avoid the threat of relegation, mean that sides will play with an emphasis on attacking and winning rather than defending to avoid losing with the accompanying threat of relegation.
A form of relegation could continue with some kind of independent panel voting on the future of a club regularly propping up the bottom of the Prem as used to happen in the Fourth Division of the old football league. The current parachute payment could become a cash prize for top Championship clubs to be used to develop squads and facilities and eventually apply for entry to Premiership which would therefore expand organically. I could, and have, gone on.

dick g 19 September, 2017 12:02
....and I will go on. Story in Times says that a third of Premiership clubs are up for sale or seeking investment. This cannot continue. Who is going to invest with the threat of relegation? If the Prem is going to survive let alone grow, things must change and soon. Make no mistake, a crisis looms.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net