Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 27 October Cornish Pirates v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm KO Championship

Saturday 2nd November Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.30pm KO Championship

RESULT:Friday 18 October Newcastle Falcons 45 v 7 Hartpury RFC Championship

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Falcons v Bath Sat 23 Sept
NorfolkFalcon 23 September, 2017 08:18
I hope we can use last seasons performance at Bath as an extra incentive to get points today. Bath and Quins away both up there as the worst performances of last season.

DJMc 23 September, 2017 08:25
This is just my opinion but I think all this secret squirrel stuff about player availability is just stuff and nonsense. I don't suppose Dean Richards gave any thoughts or adjusted the team selection to the fact that Bath may possibly play Rhys Priestland at flyhalf and Freddie Burns at full back ( as they are), he would have made his selection by deciding who is fit, who needs a rest and who did well in training. Like wise the Bath coaching set up in all probability didn't waste much time thinking as to whether Toby Flood or Maxime Mermoze are playing or not. As the saying goes " you can only play what's in front of you" so teams should be going out with a plan to play in a way and style suited to the team selection and then look to impose that plan regardless of who is playing for the opposition.

trummy200 23 September, 2017 10:29
Deano used to like a game of poker so maybe its in his physic to keep his cards close to his chest!

aidanb 23 September, 2017 10:33
Quote:
DJMc
This is just my opinion but I think all this secret squirrel stuff about player availability is just stuff and nonsense. I don't suppose Dean Richards gave any thoughts or adjusted the team selection to the fact that Bath may possibly play Rhys Priestland at flyhalf and Freddie Burns at full back ( as they are), he would have made his selection by deciding who is fit, who needs a rest and who did well in training. Like wise the Bath coaching set up in all probability didn't waste much time thinking as to whether Toby Flood or Maxime Mermoze are playing or not. As the saying goes " you can only play what's in front of you" so teams should be going out with a plan to play in a way and style suited to the team selection and then look to impose that plan regardless of who is playing for the opposition.

That works well to an extent
But the top teams also have plans for individual players.

This is anecdotal and a bit comedic but the truth is also in there

The players know everything about their oppo and thus set up in particular ways against certain people.

Have a look at Dean I explaining it here.

[youtu.be]

Falcons_Thunder 23 September, 2017 12:11
Back on the game. It's gonna be a hard bruising contest. We need to secure our break downs with the likes of lowe sniffing around. And it's also a big marker for Willis to prove how good he is. COYF

trummy200 23 September, 2017 12:22
Good cover for 10 on the bench if he struggles

AJfalc 23 September, 2017 15:27
19 - 0 up after 30 minutes, excellent start, Bath hit back with a Banahan try

aidanb 23 September, 2017 15:39
Cracking half of Rugby

Monkey1 23 September, 2017 15:58
And then it all went to pot.
(Sm10)

DJMc 23 September, 2017 16:09
Sounds like the usual sleepy start to the second half.

Cumbrian_falcon 23 September, 2017 16:21
A tale of two half’s first have we held our own played well through the hands and took our chances. Bath looked very dangerous ball in hand.

Second half simply fell apart poor discipline and gave away stupid penalties. Bath took their chances.

Any chance of winning this game has gone. I hope we can get a 4th try as we deserve something from this game. Bath will get another 1-2 Try’s with 17 minutes left in this.

This is why we we are outsiders for top 6 and will struggle to get there as the top teams when 0-19 up are able to close games out and be sensible in decision making.

On to next week and a massive game vs Irish.

Cumbrian_falcon 23 September, 2017 16:34
JPS dots down but it’s a knock on on the build up. I take my previous post back we’ve dug in here this is an open game. Come on boys 5 mins to go.

There's 35 seconds to go 23 September, 2017 16:38
We lead 32-33 three minutes to go

There's 35 seconds to go 23 September, 2017 16:42
WINNERS!

lizard118 23 September, 2017 16:42
What a game!

Falcons_Thunder 23 September, 2017 16:44
Outstanding effort by the whole 23. COYF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2017 16:44 by Falcons_Thunder.

aidanb 23 September, 2017 16:44
I would hate to have called that game at any point

Even to the final kick we could have lost it

What a game of rugby

davietoon 23 September, 2017 16:44
Wow what a game. Bonus point win away to Bath feckin outstanding Falcons.

GeordieFalcon 23 September, 2017 16:45
Get in you little beauties!!!!

All i asked for before the game was to actually get at bath and play some attacking rugby...and they answered me.

Yes they're going to make mistakes playing that kind of game but by god when it came off some of the play was simply outstanding!!!!

Great win!! Very proud.

And through all the attacking play..Mark Wilson yet again was a warrior / workhorse / tackle machine / try scorer...what ever you want to call him! Will go down as one of the falcon greats....

Cumbrian_falcon 23 September, 2017 16:45
I put the hex on Bath brilliant that’s simply unbelievable I take it all back im glad I look foolish from my previous posts. That last 10 minuets shows a never say die attitude. I thought Bath would run away with it. Our finishers for the bench made that game Davision brilliant Mavinga came on made a difference. A great away win.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net