Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 27 October Cornish Pirates v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm KO Championship

Saturday 2nd November Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.30pm KO Championship

RESULT:Friday 18 October Newcastle Falcons 45 v 7 Hartpury RFC Championship

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Falcons V Tigers
Discussion started by Falcons_Thunder , 23 October, 2017 13:08
Falcons V Tigers
Falcons_Thunder 23 October, 2017 13:08
Team for Leicester Tigers

After a great start to the season in all competitions, we now turn our focus back to the AP and with the visit of Leicester Tigers. Below is the team I would pick for a game we must win up front, and it will be a big test for our boys but unlike years gone bye I believe at home on our hallowed KP turf we shouldn't be frightened of no team. And I expect the Tigers to come with their strongest 23 possible.

1 Bobby Vickers
2 Kyle Cooper
3 Jon Welsh
4 Calum Green
5 Will Witty
6 Mark Wilson
7 Will Welch
8 Ryan Burrows

9 Tane Takulua
10 Toby Flood
11 DTH Van Der Merwe
12 Juan Pablo Socino
13 Maxime Mermoz
14 Niki Goneva
15 Alex Tait

Replacements
Santiago Socino
Sami Mavinga
Scott Wilson
Evan Olmstead
Opeti Fonua
Michael Young
Josh Matavesi
Sinoti Sinoti

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2017 13:14 by Falcons_Thunder.

Re: Falcons V Tigers
GeordieFalcon 23 October, 2017 15:01
I think Gary Graham is worthy of consideration after his excellent performances the last two weekends.

Is Fonua match fit. He's playing his first game for the A's tonight..so would he be risked v Tigers?

markismith50 23 October, 2017 15:07
Unfortunately Gary injured his foot in France so will be out for a wee while.

GeordieFalcon 23 October, 2017 15:12
That's a shame Smithy, he's played very well! Hope its not too serious

Wensleydale Falcon 23 October, 2017 15:12
The guys are throwing up some real selection headaches.

Just how it should be,unlike days gone by where it was pretty straightforward to pick a match day 23.

I will be honest and say i don,t think we have a best 23 anymore as everyone in the squad now comes in and does a job. The strength in depth is a joy to behold (proven once again with the superb away win in Bordeaux at the weekend) there is some serious competition for places these days!

I believe that we have and will see a lot of "horses for courses" selections this season.

Happy days.....

AFalcon24 23 October, 2017 16:44
Will certainly be interesting who we select. smiling smiley

falconbear 23 October, 2017 17:55
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Team for Leicester Tigers
After a great start to the season in all competitions, we now turn our focus back to the AP and with the visit of Leicester Tigers. Below is the team I would pick for a game we must win up front, and it will be a big test for our boys but unlike years gone bye I believe at home on our hallowed KP turf we shouldn't be frightened of no team. And I expect the Tigers to come with their strongest 23 possible.

1 Bobby Vickers
2 Kyle Cooper
3 Jon Welsh
4 Calum Green
5 Will Witty
6 Mark Wilson
7 Will Welch
8 Ryan Burrows
9 Tane Takulua
10 Toby Flood
11 DTH Van Der Merwe
12 Juan Pablo Socino
13 Maxime Mermoz
14 Niki Goneva
15 Alex Tait

Replacements
Santiago Socino
Sami Mavinga
Scott Wilson
Evan Olmstead
Opeti Fonua
Michael Young
Josh Matavesi
Sinoti Sinoti

If fit i think Nili Latu deserves his place in the 23. He’s warrior-like of late. Also i think we’d need a replacement Fly Half.
Is Juan Pablo available after his ban?

Kingkiko2 23 October, 2017 17:57
Tait, Sinoti, Harris, Socino, Goneva, Flood, Takalua, Latu, Welch, Wilson, Witty, Green, Welsh, Cooper, Vickers. Bench: Mavinga, Socino, Wilson, Robinson, Burrows, Young, Mermoz, Willis. Strong team and still quality not in that selection eg Olmstead, VDW, Wilson Fonua, Matavesi etc that’s the depth now! What will be really interesting is in Autumn when our players get over looked, the majority of that team will still be here 👊

tigerburnie 23 October, 2017 18:46
For a change it's not our pack you need to fear, we are scoring tries for fun, just depends if Toomua is fit, otherwise I would expect most of last weekends 23.

Falcons_Thunder 24 October, 2017 08:18
Quote:
tigerburnie
For a change it's not our pack you need to fear, we are scoring tries for fun, just depends if Toomua is fit, otherwise I would expect most of last weekends 23.

The Falcons have scored more points in the premiership then the Tigers and have got 4 TBP where the Tigers have got 0TBP.

falconbear 24 October, 2017 09:04
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Quote:
tigerburnie

The Falcons have scored more points in the premiership then the Tigers and have got 4 TBP where the Tigers have got 0TBP.

True, but we have had an easier start to the Prem. Wuss and Irish at home. There’s no doubting Leicesters and Newcastles try scoring assets but at Kingston Park this could be quite an evenly matched game.

Falcons_Thunder 24 October, 2017 10:10
Quote:
falconbear
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Quote:
tigerburnie

True, but we have had an easier start to the Prem. Wuss and Irish at home. There’s no doubting Leicesters and Newcastles try scoring assets but at Kingston Park this could be quite an evenly matched game.

We've had both sarries and Exeter so far

Round 1
Leicester 23-27 Bath
Falcons 35-8 Warriors TBP

Round 2
Northampton 25-11 Leicester
Sale 12-13 Falcons

Round 3
Leicester 24-10 Gloucester
Falcons 7-29 Sarries

Round 4
Harlequin 28-31 Leicester 31
Bath 32-33 Falcons TBP

Round 5
Tigers 20-13 Exeter
Falcons 29- London Irish 17 TBP

Round 6
London Irish 27-28 Leicester
Exeter 34-24 Falcons TBP

Monkey1 24 October, 2017 10:17
If you say that Tiggers v Irish & Glos is comparable to our games against Wuss & Sale, the others are comparable too, so on the whole I would fancy us at KP more than Tiggers in terms of scoring tries.

My apologies for giving the game the kiss of death.

alas 24 October, 2017 10:23
Leicester have been scoring three tries in a lot of games. Missing out on bonus points might cost them at the end of the season, but wins are the most important thing. Sunday's game between two improving teams ought the be a cracker, but you never know.

lizard118 24 October, 2017 10:59
We're the home team, and on that basis I'd expect us to dictate plays with Flood and Matavese pinning them back in their half.
Considering we've gone toe to toe with Exeter, Sarries and beaten Bath at the Rec I expect us to be slight favourites for this game.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2017 11:03 by lizard118.

alas 24 October, 2017 11:07
I doubt Matavesi will be playing ahead of Socino. Unless conditions are poor the Falcons should mainly be running the ball. If they do kick for territory better to find touch rather than punting the ball to the Tigers's dangerous back three.

upwardonward 24 October, 2017 12:23
Think Falcons Thunder is pretty spot on!
Should be a cracking game.

tigerburnie 24 October, 2017 16:56
Wayne Barnes is "sir", we like him.

pityacker 24 October, 2017 17:18
We like him too !!

alas 24 October, 2017 17:53
Barnes certainly wouldn't bottle awarding a last minute penalty which happened in last year's fixture.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net