Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Saturday 5 October Away Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm (Cup)

RESULT: Saturday 21 September 2019 Jersey Reds 8 v Newcastle Falcons 21 (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Falcons V Tigers
Yorksfalcon 24 October, 2017 17:58
Was that JP by any chance?

Monkey1 24 October, 2017 19:12
Barnes usually gets the tough games so I wonder what the powers that be at Twickenham expect to kick off on Sunday? Do they know something that we don't?

markismith50 24 October, 2017 20:08
He did the Australia game last weekend so potentially an extra day to get over the jet lag?

Falcons_Thunder 25 October, 2017 07:13
Best ref in England by a mile in my humble opinion, it's gonna be interesting with a few ex players in both teams.

Bedlington Lad 25 October, 2017 07:50
Quote:
Yorksfalcon
Was that JP by any chance?
Yes twice bottled it

NorfolkFalcon 25 October, 2017 12:32
Lots of intriguing selection dilemmas:

Who will play at fly half? Will Toby Flood make his first start in the Premiership or will young Craig Willis be given another start?

Who will play at number eight? Ryan Burrows done enough to earn his first appearance in the Premiership or will the ever reliable Nili Latu? Could Fonua be given a surprise recall onto the bench after playing for the 2nd team on Monday?

Who will play at centres? Will the successful Juan Pablo Socino and Chris Harris partnership continue or could Josh Matavesi/Maxime Mermoz come into the side?

Gutted I won't be able to make the trip to the game.

Bedlington Lad 25 October, 2017 12:52
I wouldn't change the current half back or centre pairings - I like the idea of Nili Latu coming on as an impact sub (I think)

Falcons_Thunder 25 October, 2017 13:07
I can't see flood not starting with the games he had last week, plus his game management is far superior than are other FH but that came with experience plus 60england caps

alas 25 October, 2017 13:40
Latu has been getting back to the form of two seasons ago. I think he'll start. The bulk of the team picks itself. Fairly close choice at 2, 5, 13. Maybe 15 as well if the Hammer is fit.

Stopsy 25 October, 2017 14:00
Toomua out for us sad smiley

aidanb 25 October, 2017 16:40
The Chopper has to start at 2

then they can bring on Cooper or Lawson

davietoon 25 October, 2017 18:32
So no Toomua phew!! Had a superb game v Castres and no J P Doyle things can only get better!!!

Falcons_Thunder 26 October, 2017 12:06
Seen this on the Tigers forum great bit of respect for us from some of the Tigers fans

"Winning away at Kingston Park would, for me, rate more highly than beating Chiefs at home".

GeordieFalcon 26 October, 2017 12:25
Interesting decisions indeed.

Burrows to me looked average v Newport, but the reports suggest he was huge v Bordeaux. Maybe he just needed warming up. If that's the case, then he starts for me...he is one huge lump of a guy. And I enjoyed watching how he captained the young kids around him v Newport. Especially Radwan, telling him where to stand etc.

How did Fonua go in his run out?

Matavesi was apparently excellent against Bordeaux aswell. His and Floods tactical kicking were supposedly top drawer and was one of the main reasons for our victory.

NorfolkFalcon 26 October, 2017 12:34
Sinoti was the pick of the players in the A league game apparently. I'm sure he will get game time soon with Goneva and DTH on international duty.

Chopper to start and Cooper on the bench would be fantastic.

Falcons_Thunder 27 October, 2017 11:31
Newcastle Falcons team to face Leicester Tigers (Sunday, 3pm, Kingston Park Stadium)

15 Alex Tait

14 Vereniki Goneva

13 Chris Harris

12 Juan Pablo Socino

11 Sinoti Sinoti

10 Toby Flood

9 Sonatane Takulua

1 Rob Vickers

2 Kyle Cooper

3 Jon Welsh

4 Calum Green

5 Sean Robinson

6 Mark Wilson

7 Will Welch (captain)

8 Nili Latu

Replacements

16 Scott Lawson

17 Sami Mavinga

18 Trevor Davison

19 Will Witty

20 Ally Hogg

21 Michael Young

22 Joel Hodgson

23 Maxime Mermoz

GeordieFalcon 27 October, 2017 11:41
That backline just looks a dream!!!

Bedlington Lad 27 October, 2017 11:43
Is Willis injured ? I am very surprised he's not even on the bench

Ayerzawannabe 27 October, 2017 11:46
Leicester Tigers (v Newcastle Falcons, away, Sunday 3.00pm)

15 Telusa Veainu

14 Nick Malouf

13 Matt Smith

12 Mathew Tait

11 Jonny May

10 George Ford

9 Ben Youngs

1 Ellis Genge

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Dan Cole

4 Dom Barrow

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Valentino Mapapalangi

7 Brendon OíConnor

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Harry Thacker

17 Greg Bateman

18 Pat Cilliers

19 Harry Wells

20 Luke Hamilton

21 Sam Harrison

22 Joe Ford

23 Adam Thompstone

alas 27 October, 2017 11:46
I like the starting XV. Robinson in to attack the Tigers' line-out and Witty looked a bit jaded against the Dragons. Are Willis and Socino jnr fit? If so, unlucky to miss out on the bench.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net