Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Saturday 5 October Away Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm (Cup)

RESULT: Saturday 21 September 2019 Jersey Reds 8 v Newcastle Falcons 21 (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Falcons V Tigers
AFalcon24 27 October, 2017 11:47
Love the look of that backline for us. smiling smiley

alas 27 October, 2017 11:49
Going to be a bit of headbanging between the two number 8s.

FFL 27 October, 2017 11:53
We've been dreaming of a backline like that for years!! Can't wait for Sunday in front of a packed out KP

Falcons_Thunder 27 October, 2017 12:03
Great backline more of a running/power game with sinoti and goneva which I think we will need. Is it Sunday yet lol

Cumbrian_falcon 27 October, 2017 12:12
On the team I would have liked to have seen DTH and Mermoz start but we donít know about injuries?

The key battles for me are at set piece time. We need Welsh to come up big and do well against Genge. Green will need to be competitive at the line out and hopefully steel a few from Tigers.

The backline is mesmerising when you think of the players not in there likes of Matavesi. We could onl have dreamed of that a few seasons ago.

This is going to be a solid scrappy game and I believe Tigers will want to keep it tight with the forwards.

If both sides come to play running rugby with our backline and thereís the 9,10 of Youngs and Ford will be a big weapon. Latu needs to attack the channel and hope we get some joy from the breakdown.

Really looking forward to the game now the atmosphere should be electric.

This game is our toughest test so far in my opinion and should show how far weíve come as a team. Are we a decent side with top 6 aspirations or have we got a squad capable of shocking the media and critics and challenging for Top 4 and honours this season.

We will know by 5pm Sunday.

aidanb 27 October, 2017 12:14
Look at that front five match up

Rob Vickers, Kyle Cooper, Jon Welsh
v
Ellis Genge, Tom Youngs (c), Dan Cole

Calum Green, Sean Robinson
v
Dom Barrow, Graham Kitchener

that is gonna be some tight five tussle to gain the ascendency to allow the quicker forwards to play and the backs to drop the ball

Monkey1 27 October, 2017 12:18
Weather forecast is good for running rugby.

Can't make up my mind if I am more excited about that excellent looking team taking on a strong Tigers side, or about the atmosphere of a sold out KP.

Bring on Sunday.
(Sm60)

Falc Dancer 27 October, 2017 12:19
Our team looks solid
We canít find a space for DTH or Matavesi in there
We are going to need a big performance to beat Leicester but we can do it

Falcons_Thunder 27 October, 2017 12:21
Tigers have a few hot heads in the starting 5 genge and Barrow, we have the superior lineout by far and Kyle Cooper should tighten our scrum

NorfolkFalcon 27 October, 2017 12:23
Sinoti x2 man of the match, calling it right now. He was showing glimpses of being back to his best during pre-season but due to injury he hasn't had a chance in the Premiership until now.

Looks like it'll be a cracking game between 2 in form sides.

NorfolkFalcon 27 October, 2017 12:24
Oh and I hope we win just so we can laugh at Genge. His antics from the game in Leicester should be well at the forefront of our players.

Ayerzawannabe 27 October, 2017 12:37
Quote:
alnwickfalcon
On the team I would have liked to have seen DTH and Mermoz start but we donít know about injuries?
The key battles for me are at set piece time. We need Welsh to come up big and do well against Genge. Green will need to be competitive at the line out and hopefully steel a few from Tigers.

The backline is mesmerising when you think of the players not in there likes of Matavesi. We could onl have dreamed of that a few seasons ago.

This is going to be a solid scrappy game and I believe Tigers will want to keep it tight with the forwards.

If both sides come to play running rugby with our backline and thereís the 9,10 of Youngs and Ford will be a big weapon. Latu needs to attack the channel and hope we get some joy from the breakdown.

Really looking forward to the game now the atmosphere should be electric.

This game is our toughest test so far in my opinion and should show how far weíve come as a team. Are we a decent side with top 6 aspirations or have we got a squad capable of shocking the media and critics and challenging for Top 4 and honours this season.

We will know by 5pm Sunday.

I really don't see Tigers keeping it tight we haven't been so far this season.

lizard118 27 October, 2017 12:51
No disrespecting Leicester but for me the toughest test was against Sarries and Exeter. Those two clubs are now ahead of everyone else imo.

lizard118 27 October, 2017 12:54
That's a strong team, and can see us winning.

Cumbrian_falcon 27 October, 2017 14:14
Quote:
lizard118
No disrespecting Leicester but for me the toughest test was against Sarries and Exeter. Those two clubs are now ahead of everyone else imo.

What I meant Lizard was itís our toughest test so far at home. Technically we were at home to Sarries but it was in Phillidelphia so Iím not counting that as a home game. Exeter I agree with you are along with Sarries miles ahead of the others in the league getting a try bonus point at Sandy Park is testiment to how well we are playing.

pityacker 27 October, 2017 16:08
Tigers played some fantastic stuff in the first half last week by far the best all season according to their supporters but a few enforced changes and then substitutions totally changed how they were playing and on points scored they actually lost the second half but roll on Sunday and hopefully a W for Falcons.

tigerburnie 27 October, 2017 19:15
Pity we've lost our first choice 12 and 13, but the replacements are more experienced, if maybe a fair bit slower, but with the back 3 we have, we don't need to worry about pace in the backs. Expect our pack to dominate the scrum and breakdown and who knows what will happen with our lineout. We need to not kick for touch and use our back 3 to open up holes.

Falcons_Thunder 27 October, 2017 19:53
Quote:
tigerburnie
Pity we've lost our first choice 12 and 13, but the replacements are more experienced, if maybe a fair bit slower, but with the back 3 we have, we don't need to worry about pace in the backs. Expect our pack to dominate the scrum and breakdown and who knows what will happen with our lineout. We need to not kick for touch and use our back 3 to open up holes.

Don't worry sinoti and goneva will run over ur back 3.

Rafpilot2000 28 October, 2017 17:27
Testiment as to how far we have come is that we can now look at games like this and talk about a win rather than a LBP. Kinda get the feeling it's going to go one of two ways, either we cancel each other out being two strong teams , or it's an absolute try-fest. Either way a cracking game anticipated with a rocking full house . Good times !

davietoon 28 October, 2017 17:31
Let's have some chants, we need to drown out the bloke who tells us to "Make some noise"

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net