Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Falcons V Tigers
There's 35 seconds to go 28 October, 2017 17:59
Quote:
davietoon
Let's have some chants, we need to drown out the bloke who tells us to "Make some noise"

The chant of the early summer: Newcastle Falcons remix of 7 nation army (the jeremy corbyn one).

tigerburnie 28 October, 2017 19:13
Quote:
Falcons_Thunder
Don't worry sinoti and goneva will run over ur back 3.
I like Sinoti and we know all about Niki, sure it will be a great game.

davietoon 28 October, 2017 19:25
Got it 35 secs

Andy Mac 28 October, 2017 21:48
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
davietoon
Let's have some chants, we need to drown out the bloke who tells us to "Make some noise"

The chant of the early summer: Newcastle Falcons remix of 7 nation army (the jeremy corbyn one).

+1

Although I may "accidentally" revert to singing the Jeremy Corbyn version....

dick g 29 October, 2017 07:16
Quote:
There's 35 seconds to go
Quote:
davietoon

Stand uup for the Faalcons
Stand uup for the Faalcons.

(With apologies to any Ulstermen)

Or, to be very naughty

Tigers tigers in full flight
You really are a load of sxxxe

(With thanks to William Blake)

skip mcskipper 29 October, 2017 07:26
It's game day, come on falcons let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey1 29 October, 2017 08:01
Quote:
skip mcskipper
It's game day, come on falcons let's do this!!!!!!!!!!!

And as promised, a beautiful day for a game of rugby.

Stopsy 29 October, 2017 13:21
I hope is is a good game and all have a safe and enjoyable time

penguin 29 October, 2017 16:24
Norfolkfalcon assume Genge had the last laugh great shift from him today

NorfolkFalcon 29 October, 2017 16:46
Shame that the sell out crowd were treated to our worst performance of the season. Combination of Newcastle playing poorly and Leicester being a class above. It's really frustrating as we were well in the game until we started to give too many penalties away which killed us.

George Ford ran the show and got a 100% success rate with the boot, which considering his usual inconsistent kicking says a lot and in Veainu I would argue they have the best back in the league.

Negatives. We were diabolical in the scrum highlighted by the scrum we had on their 5 metre line after we were held up. I don't want to be too negative as they have had to play lots of rugby due to other injuries but this game highlights why we cannot rely on just Vickers and Welsh. We were absolutely mullered in each scrum including on our own feed. I was baffled that Deano didn't bring Davison and Mavinga on until the 75th minute, why wait that late when it was clear that they were winning each scrum? I know we were playing against quality opposition in the prop department but it really wasn't good enough. Even with the Wilson tightheads and Lockwood returning I struggle to see how we can improve this area without quality reinforcements next season. Props have to be a priority. Goneva had a shocker despite scoring the penalty and looked disinterested at times but will give him the benefit of the doubt as he is a quality player. Handling was extremely poor with lots of knocked on ball.

Positives. We stopped Leicester gaining a bonus point. Flood looked good alongside Takelua. Struggling to think of many other.

AFalcon24 29 October, 2017 16:51
Great atmosphere at the game, but overall so poor what stood out for me was how poor our scrum was a long with everything else. sad smiley

davietoon 29 October, 2017 17:11
At 13-14 I fancied our chances, if we d scored early in the second half might have been a different story . Leicester just finished their chances and we didn t. The scrum is a concern but it s technique and can be improved. Don t forget that Leicester pack absolutely mullered a huge Castres pack last weekend .
M.o.m Veaina by a mile don t know how Ford got it over him. Now let's take advantage of the International Window and score some points.

Falcons_Thunder 29 October, 2017 17:32
Well I think today has brought us down to earth a bit, our scrum was under pressure all game, we desperately need a class loose head prop. Bobby is an amazing servant to the club but at his age against a future British and Irish lions he got smashed. And still think we need at no8 like Opeti Fonua because we aren't tieing in players and creating spaces to exploit. But against a good Leicester side who fully deserved to win. Tho they didn't get that bonus point

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 17:47 by Falcons_Thunder.

alas 29 October, 2017 18:12
It wasn't the worst performance of the season. It was up and down like against LI and the Dragons. That was nowhere near good enough against a much improved Leicester. Giving players two weeks off seems not to work, although Socino and Goneva were pretty good.

Cumbrian_falcon 29 October, 2017 18:13
I thought we were awful today. Tigers dominated in every area without having to do a lot. The defence was woeful neither of the centres showed up and both wingers were poor. Sinoti in particular I thought was poor going forward he gives you something different but how can you support a player when you donít know what heís going to do.

A few hit ups and line breaks from JP and Sinoti and that was all. It was as if we lost sight of how weíve been playing recently.

Up front as expected it was a tough game at the coal face.

The amount of handling errors and stupid decisions to kick but not find touch was infuriating.

Flood looked like he didnít want to be out their no idea why?

Mr Barnes didnít help matters with every 50/50 going Tigers way. How he missed the blatant hit on Harris from Tigers 8 was shocking. Tigers were offside continually but we didnít play them at their own game.

Overall we were the architects of our own downfall in toothless defence and very little attack.

Big changes needed over the next few weeks and stern talking need to be said. Iím so disappointed that we left our worst performance of the season for our first sell out.

Cantabrian 29 October, 2017 18:44
Think Falcons Thunder has got it right. Sometimes you get beaten by a better side. The Tigers were very good today. Just a blip on our progress radar.

aidanb 29 October, 2017 18:50
I felt it was a simple game we lost today.

Our wingers defended badly and their wingers took eager advantage.

Wensleydale Falcon 29 October, 2017 18:56
Big changes needed??
Some strange comments on certain performances here but hey we all have our opinions.
Come on folks let have some perspective on this. We were beaten by a better team on the day. They were clinical in most areas and we were not. Our set piece in general was disappointing (it has been our strength this season) missed tackles, ill discipline which cost us a lot of possession and it's all these cumulative things that cost us today I feel.
Let's be honest we are all very disappointed at the result but some on the comments here are an over reaction.
Their front row was always going to cause us problems with their pedigree and Ellis Genge is some player.
We are going to have these setbacks from time to time but it's how we react to them that matters.
If we are disappointed think how the guys are feeling.
A bad day at the office yes.....but we will learn by it I'm sure!

Wensleydale Falcon 29 October, 2017 18:59
Absolutely Cantabrian......that's exactly it today!!

Osric 29 October, 2017 19:00
At 13-14 we had a chance to score. Noah opted for a cheeky dink through which didn't result in any points. Had we held our nerve a little longer, taken a 20-14 lead, things would have been different, probably. We were beaten by a side containing numerous internationals who had more patience and, dare I say it, a little more accuracy than we did.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net