Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Big Night Out Falcons v Gloucester teams
Leipziger 24 November, 2017 23:27
Some positives: Latu had a good game I thought and that was my first real look at Stuart too, he did well.
Flood offered more go-forward than Hodgson and took responsibility in the tackle rather than throwing hospital passes, as many players of all teams do in search of the holy "offload".
Scrum was better than I hear it has been in recent games.

Negatives: Agulla is serviceable, but are we really thinking that the Falcons are better served, now and in the future, by him playing ahead of Zach? (Cue somebody replying that Zach has a long term injury that I didn't know about...)
I didn't see a lot of Witty and Robinson in the loose tonight, I think we might have missed Green's breakdown work.
For me there was no discernible difference between our attack after half time, even with Flood and Harris on.

Overall though it wasn't very good in a game
that, with respect to Gloucester, we will have targeted back in the summer as a win. Seems we've had three bad league games in a row so hopefully on Friday at Northampton we'll put on a better show.

Simmo7 25 November, 2017 00:13
Looked like Flood pulled a hammy with his first kick to touch (or at least twinged it), didn't look right at all after that.

trummy200 25 November, 2017 08:39
Apart from being unable to break Gloucester's line my biggest concern is that both Wasps and Gloucester scored try's without having to work too hard especially on the flanks.- Two games on the trot - missing Niki who provides a cutting edge in attack.

telfs123 25 November, 2017 09:16
Problems we've had in the flanks the last couple of games are Tait/Agulla aren't fast enough. Sinoti is not a great defender.

Stuart seemed to play well, but sometimes he maybe passed the ball too quickly in the search for quick ball, as often the backline wasn't set or ready, and the ball would end up in the hands of a prop rather than a centre.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net