Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Gary Graham
Discussion started by Bonus Point Rugby , 29 December, 2017 12:31
Gary Graham
Bonus Point Rugby 29 December, 2017 12:31
Congratulations to Gary on his first call up to the England training squad!

Gary Graham trains with England
aidanb 29 December, 2017 12:32
Called into the England training squad

I bet his dad is delighted

Re: Gary Graham trains with England
Falc Dancer 29 December, 2017 13:01
Well done and congrats to Gary
Heís done this season
But what must Will and Mark be wondering

Benpj17 29 December, 2017 13:09
With Hughes out for the start of the six nations I assume graham is being looked at as cover for billy V, he offers a lot more go forward than welch and Wilson from the back of the scrum

Re: Gary Graham
Falc Dancer 29 December, 2017 13:30
Hughes & Vunipola play 8
Graham plays flanker
Doubt heís cover for those two

AFalcon24 29 December, 2017 13:43
Great stuff well deserved. smiling smiley

Benpj17 29 December, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Hughes & Vunipola play 8
Graham plays flanker
Doubt heís cover for those two
My mistake confused him with burrows

UnofficialEnglandRugby 29 December, 2017 15:09
Brilliant News(Sm152)

pa8 29 December, 2017 16:22
Really pleased for him.....but itís left me scratching my head wondering what the hell Mark did wrong after having an outstanding tour to Argentina in the summer.

DeceptivePace 29 December, 2017 16:59
Mark Wilson has done nothing wrong IMHO but is behind Robshaw in the pecking order. Graham is included so the management can get a look at him to see if he fits the bill of what they're looking for.
Just because Wilson isn't in the squad doesn't mean he's become a bad player. EJ knows exactly what he can do and if Robshaw was to be injured, Wilson would come into serious contention, training camp or no training camp.

DB23 29 December, 2017 18:10
Pleased for Graham but this is perplexing to say the least.

Graham has shown some good form for us as an out and out seven but in relatively few games at the highest level in club rugby.

It does, however, disprove the notion that Eddie Jones does not consider players unless theyíre playing for one of the bigger clubs like Leicester or Wasps. He has clearly been watching Grahamís performances.

It probably also means Will Welch is not thought good enough to play for England given his Premiership experience and not sure where Mark Wilson stands currently in the pecking order though as a six rather than a seven. I still maintain seven would be Markís best position but probably too late to switch if looking for international recognition there.

Cantabrian 29 December, 2017 19:15
Congrats to Gary Graham and good news for the Falcons. He should get on well with Steve Borthwick, the England forwards coach and fellow Carlislian.

I fear Eddie J may be getting too comfortable in the plush surroundings of Twickers and stuck in a selection rut. Bath and Quins each provide 6 players for the squad whereas Wasps has only 2 selected and poor old Gloucester have no players selected at all.

Horus 29 December, 2017 19:34
My congrats to Gary on his call up. I am a bit puzzled why Gary, a Jock qualified player, should throw his lot with England. He is doubly qualified for Scotland - born in Scotland, Dad is former Scotland player.

Falc Dancer 29 December, 2017 19:36
BT Sport panel for the Bath vs Wasps game are perplexed at his selection
I got the impression that they werenít sure who he was, more down to our lack of coverage than his ability

Kwa444 29 December, 2017 20:50
Perhaps suggests that Eddie is not overly 100 percent happy with his options at 7.

He may be Scotland through the ages, but with the greatest of respect to Scotland, from a player's perspective if he has the ability to go all the way he is more likely to win things with England in the professional era just due to resources and playing pool. That then means his personal endorsements may also be more lucrative.

Or it could be just that Scotland haven't come calling and England have... Perhaps his Dad and Gregor didn't see eye to eye? No doubt we will know sooner or later.

Certainly if England don't pick him, it'll ensure a Scotland cap offer comes quickly you would think!!!

Doonhamer 29 December, 2017 21:12
Quote:
aidanb

Aye and I bet his mum's reaction is unprintable. 🤣Thoroughly deserved though IMHO. He's taken his chance well to show how good he is.
He won't be the last of the Grahams either. There's potentially an even better one on the horizon.

Falc Dancer 29 December, 2017 22:18
Quote:
Doonhamer
Quote:
aidanb

Aye and I bet his mum's reaction is unprintable. 🤣Thoroughly deserved though IMHO. He's taken his chance well to show how good he is.
He won't be the last of the Grahams either. There's potentially an even better one on the horizon.

As with every rugby player with siblings, thereís potentially a better one on the horizon. It doesnít always pan out that way though

Rafpilot2000 29 December, 2017 22:56
Canít really blame Eddie for looking at players from a mid table team playing exciting rugby who beat a team full of England internationals last week.
He has always said that itís all about the World Cup in 2019. It makes absolute sense that he includes some wild cards that have potential for the rwc. I think mark is a known quantity now. Robust and solid so itís not surprising that he is taking the opportunity to flirt with others to see if they can rise to the rose😊. Well done Gary

aidanb 30 December, 2017 11:00
Talking of families and a little bit of competition amongst them.
As the cricket is on at he moment i hark back to Mark and Steve Waugh from Australia.

During a test in Australia in the 90ís James Ormond came into bat for England and was met with some sledging from Mark Waugh - about him not being good enough to be out here in a test cos he was crap.
James Ormonds reply to Mark was
ďYou can shut your face cos youíre not even the best cricketer in your family.!Ē Cue giggles from the whole of the Aussie team.

aidanb 30 December, 2017 11:01
And back to rugby
Who is the younger brother and is he at our club yet ?

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net