Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Saturday 5 October Away Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm (Cup)

RESULT: Saturday 21 September 2019 Jersey Reds 8 v Newcastle Falcons 21 (Cup)

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Squad 2018/19
Falc Dancer 02 July, 2018 10:50
Jack Payne added at TH
Thanks Smithy for the update

CharlieDog 03 July, 2018 21:40
Dom Waldouck still showing on what appears to be next season squad on website

Falc Dancer 03 July, 2018 21:51
Well spotted
Wonder if itís same terms as last year with his studies?
Added Waldouck back in
Makes me wonder whether we will be signing any more players now that the squad is confirmed.

Falc Dancer 03 July, 2018 21:58
Added in several academy players as per the offy squad list

markismith50 03 July, 2018 22:13
Yes, Dom is with us, same set-up as last season with Oxford Uni. Heís with us all pre-season.

Falc Dancer 04 July, 2018 07:48
Looking at the squad, we seem to have replaced like for like the players who have left/retired with mainly younger/EQP players -
Vickers - Logo
Latu - Nagusa
Hogg - Collett/Graham
Lawson - McGuigan
VDM - Arscott
JPS - Williams

Others such as Willis and Mermoz have been replaced by promoting from within the academy with players such as Connon and Penny ready for first team duties

Now that the squad has been confirmed on the Offy, we have obvious depth as long as the academy players impress and and can hold their own when given their chance. I hope that players like Connon or Charlie Wilson arenít making their debuts against the likes of Toulon. I know itís worst case scenario but only one or two injuries would mean they wouldnít be thrust into contention despite never playing in the Premiership

Losing experienced players such as Vickers, Hogg, Latu and Lawson gives others the opportunity to step up as part of the leadership group within the squad but maintaining the continuity within the squad

On the whole the team should be very similar to last seasons which performed so well unless we receive a late surprise

mannin 04 July, 2018 09:15
Brocklebank, Payne, Connon, Joel M and Penny all listed with the full squad. Good stuff.

GeordieFalcon 04 July, 2018 09:26
Interesting to see that Josh Matavesi has ben very positive about having "fewer" changes in the squad, with us mostly replacing the ones have gone and promoting the academy lads who have been around the senior squad for a couple of years now anyway.

He said the training has been going very well for that reason and the new comers have been fantastic.

Players like Penny, Charlie Wilson, Radwan, Kibrige in the backs will have much more gametime now and probably feature in more heavyweight Prem games.

Falc Dancer 04 July, 2018 10:41
Once you have the squad nicely balanced with a mixture of academy players you donít want a big turn over every season. This is showing that we are retaining our talent much better than in previous years
Of course you still need new players with quality to keep the squad fresh but the core remains there same and you build upon it, our core being Welch, Wilson, Tait, Green etc

AFalcon24 04 July, 2018 11:08
I see there isn't any props coming in the academy. Otherwise still looking forward to next season. smiling smiley

Running Rugby 04 July, 2018 12:04
Has Ben Sowrey been released? Cannot see him on the squad list on the official site.

markismith50 04 July, 2018 12:08
Ben is no longer with the club. A great lad who really gave his all, and parted on very good terms with everyone here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2018 12:10 by markismith50.

Falc Dancer 04 July, 2018 12:58
Injury retirement I heard, unfortunate as he was a decent player

Running Rugby 04 July, 2018 17:08
Will Dom Waldouck be back with the Falcons full time next season, or is he still studying? He could easily fill the gap left by Mermoz, always been a big fan of Waldouck and hoping he gets more games this coming season.

markismith50 04 July, 2018 17:10
Dom does pre season with us, goes to Oxford for a couple of months then comes back, same as last year.

NorfolkFalcon 05 July, 2018 20:14
Why doesn't the likes of Olmstead and Sowery get officially announced? A real shame that both players left.

We will always remember Sowery for that try against Bordeaux. Sublime.

markismith50 05 July, 2018 20:43
Dean prefers to wait til players have found clubs, to announce. But if the player specifically wants to announce itís generally not a problem.

I know some supporters donít like this policy and Iíve made my own thoughts on it known, but Iím an employee and I carry out my task as directed.

NorfolkFalcon 06 July, 2018 17:22
Thanks for the explanation, Smithy.

Which Tyler 14 July, 2018 10:55
Hi guys.
Over on the Bath boards, I'm trying to put together how each squad is looking; so full squads, academy, EQP status and pecking order - all that jazz.
If you could give me some feedback, I would like to get this as accurate as possible - so please point out any typos / human error I've made; obivous mistakes in the pecking order or "that guy plays tight head, not lose head" type things.
I will continue to edit all of this; and get it as accurate as I realistically can by season's kick-off.
Obviously, if you want to see what I've got for the other clubs, just visit the Bath board - it's currently a sticky thread (to keep the forum open for another fortnight)
Cheers; Aidan
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=598

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

mannin 15 July, 2018 19:53
Looks good.

Payne is a TH
Davison both sides
add Brocklebank to LH

Sowrey has left

Missed Guy Graham
Burrows is an 8
Collett looks like he'll be a 7

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net