Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Carl Hayman Woes
Discussion started by GeordieFalcon , 10 June, 2019 11:52
Carl Hayman Woes
GeordieFalcon 10 June, 2019 11:52
Sad to see big Carl struggling.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

He's struggled with a drink problem.

Re: Carl Hayman Woes
Monkey1 11 June, 2019 12:52
Never a good thing to see great players brought low. Hope he recovers & time heals the damage that has been done.

DB23 11 June, 2019 17:04
A thought for his wife too, perhaps ?

Monkey1 11 June, 2019 18:51
Aye, hence time healing the damage done.

DB23 11 June, 2019 18:55
A tough time for both of them, for sure

Thespence_uk 19 June, 2019 12:50
Just read about this today. The slap he gave his wife resulted in her taking 3 days off work. .

"As well as physical violence Hayman was charged with psychological damage, nuisance calls and insults." What a vile man.

His reign of terrorising his wife lasted 2 years, that poor women.

Gosforth 19 June, 2019 21:02
Hope HE recovers???!!!

Give me a break. I hope his victim recovers. He is not a victim. Heís a wife beater

aidanb 19 June, 2019 22:53
Quote:
Gosforth
Hope HE recovers???!!!

Give me a break. I hope his victim recovers. He is not a victim. Heís a wife beater

I am not an apologist for Monkey

however

this is a thread about Carl Hayman and I am sure that Monkey intended no insult to the victim of Carl's behaviour by wishing Carl a recovery.

and it does no harm to wish a man a recovery from a terrible position he has put himself in

I also hope his wife is safe and sound away from an awful person who believes it is okay to hit her - it's almost a given that statement.

Monkey1 20 June, 2019 12:30
Quote:
Gosforth
Hope HE recovers???!!!

This truly beggars belief.

Do you hope he doesn't recover? Do you want him to carry on like this?

Gosforth 20 June, 2019 12:32
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Gosforth
Hope HE recovers???!!!

This truly beggars belief.

Do you hope he doesn't recover? Do you want him to carry on like this?

I wonít dignify that with a response

DanishFalcon 20 June, 2019 13:32
Some strange comments on here, especially when read along side the Paddy Jackson thread.

One player a grade A idiot with very loose morals towards women, yet found innocent of a crime, and the other a convicted, self confessed alcoholic wife beater.

It's the lesser of two evils but i know which one i believe should be worthy of a second chance (if any) and which one doesn't deserve any of my consideration or well wishes. The fact one is an ex-Falcon and the other an opposition player shouldn't be a consideration.

aidanb 20 June, 2019 14:02
Quote:
DanishFalcon
Some strange comments on here, especially when read along side the Paddy Jackson thread.
One player a grade A idiot with very loose morals towards women, yet found innocent of a crime, and the other a convicted, self confessed alcoholic wife beater.

It's the lesser of two evils but i know which one i believe should be worthy of a second chance (if any) and which one doesn't deserve any of my consideration or well wishes. The fact one is an ex-Falcon and the other an opposition player shouldn't be a consideration.

they both need a chance at redemption in their personal lives - as do their victims deserve support.

One former player needs to change his ways and the other player can't control the wishes of sponsors not to be a party to him

Exiled Falcon 20 June, 2019 19:58
Controversial maybe, but Hayman comes over as a pretty despicable character and not one Iím proud to have supported as a Falcon.

Gosforth 20 June, 2019 20:23
Interesting itís the same people lining up to vilify Paddy Jackson and London Irish who are talking about redemption for the wife beater

steve1888 20 June, 2019 21:17
Agree Gosforth, it's mental.

Exiled Falcon 20 June, 2019 21:37
Quote:
steve1888
Agree Gosforth, it's mental.

+1

Monkey1 21 June, 2019 07:31
Quote:
Gosforth
Interesting itís the same people lining up to vilify Paddy Jackson and London Irish who are talking about redemption for the wife beater

Quite possibly because one became a vile and abusive person after becoming addicted to alcohol, and that can be cured. The other is just a naturally vile and abusive person.

What I find mental is the assumption that because I hope that Hayman can be cured, morons assume that means that I have no sympathy for his victim. That just shows how unintelligent some people can be.

forensicpsych 21 June, 2019 07:41
We had similar, although not identical, issues with the discussions regarding Cipriani and his assault of a police officer - when he was drunk and his victim female...some on this forum indicated sympathy for him - some didnít ...up to individuals to look back if they want to and read who expressed what. Hayman shouldnt have his actions minimised by referring to his alcohol use in my book - offers similar excuse for others in the future.

DanishFalcon 21 June, 2019 08:11
"Unintelligent" Wow! Take a look in the mirror mate.

How do we know what CH was like behind closed doors before the alcohol? WE DON'T
How do we know what influences PJ was under when he made those stupid messages? WE DON'T

No-one suggested that anyone doesn't wish CH wife the best. There is no doubt that everyone will.

But the issue was who out of the two were more deserving of a second chance within the sport.
Personally i'm just saying that my vote would be for the moron and not the wife beater as i see physical violence the worse behaviour (out of the two!). Your vote seems to be influenced by what shirt the person wears or wore and making excuses for some.

Monkey1 21 June, 2019 08:53
Nobody has defended what Hayman has done.

Nobody has said that Hayman deserves any sort of second chance.

How you read this weird stuff into what is written above is beyond me.

Hoping that Hayman gets cured is somehow wrong to some people, which implies that they would prefer some sort of alternative.

All of that strikes me as singularly unintelligent.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net