Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Jon Welsh
Discussion started by There's 35 seconds to go , 12 June, 2019 14:36
Jon Welsh
There's 35 seconds to go 12 June, 2019 14:36
Two more years!

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Re: Jon Welsh
steve1888 12 June, 2019 15:12
After a season out at 32 a season in the championship will probably be ideal for him and us tbh and unlikely to go to the world cup now unless others get injured.

Good news !

nook10 12 June, 2019 15:25
fantastic news just keep him fit

Falc Dancer 12 June, 2019 15:33
Very good news
We missed him a lot last season
I noted heís talking about loyalty in his reasoning for staying

mannin 12 June, 2019 15:47
As I've said on other threads, I believe him to be our biggest miss this season. Good news.

GeordieFalcon 12 June, 2019 16:26
We missed his scything breaks through themiddle of the pitch!

Goods news to hear this.

In fact it sounds now like bar those announced as already leaving...we are keeping most of the others. Combine them with the new signings and the academy lads..i have hope.

steve1888 12 June, 2019 16:52
Ah You, Welsh and Davidson. Muliopola ,Lockwood and Brocklebank. MCguigan , Cooper and Blamire.

Front row well stocked

dick g 12 June, 2019 17:08
[quote steve1888]Ah You,

Otherwise known as Hoy Ye.

Falconski 12 June, 2019 17:21
Quote:
steve1888
Ah You, Welsh and Davidson. Muliopola ,Lockwood and Brocklebank. MCguigan , Cooper and Blamire.
Front row well stocked

And maybe the Sandy Big Davey Wilson

TIGHT HEED 12 June, 2019 19:01
Good to see a bit of loyalty after a season out. He will probably enjoy the coming season

Crouch...Touch.Pause...Engage...http://www.sportnetwork.net/mainadmin/img/141072721175.gif

NorfolkFalcon 12 June, 2019 19:34
Is Ah You definitely staying? If so that is massive. He will be dominant in the Championship.

Leipziger 12 June, 2019 19:51
Very good news!

Wensleydale Falcon 12 June, 2019 20:10
We look strong in the lock and flanker department also with the return to fitness of Sean Robinson and Will Welch and our additions (despite losing some good guys) along with our options at 8 makes it a very, very strong pack.

With a fit Joel and co in the back line it could be an exciting watch.

Thereís a lot to be positive about folks!!

GeordieFalcon 12 June, 2019 20:34
Quote:
Wensleydale Falcon
We look strong in the lock and flanker department also with the return to fitness of Sean Robinson and Will Welch and our additions (despite losing some good guys) along with our options at 8 makes it a very, very strong pack.
With a fit Joel and co in the back line it could be an exciting watch.

Thereís a lot to be positive about folks!!

As long as we don't employ the kick kick kick tactics....

Wensleydale Falcon 12 June, 2019 21:26
The kick kick tactics donít bother me to be honest GF.....itís the poor execution we need to work on.
At times last season our decision making and execute of it was nothing short of pathetic.
It can be aa effective tactic when executed properly and at the right time.
As Saracens prove week in week out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2019 21:27 by Wensleydale Falcon.

AFalcon24 13 June, 2019 09:33
Excellent I really do think we missed him last season. smiling smiley

longservice 13 June, 2019 17:48
Quote:
Wensleydale Falcon
The kick kick tactics donít bother me to be honest GF.....itís the poor execution we need to work on.
At times last season our decision making and execute of it was nothing short of pathetic.
It can be aa effective tactic when executed properly and at the right time.
As Saracens prove week in week out.

Last year I watched in disbelief as our winger got caught in a ruck, a second rower moved to cover the wing, and Michael put up a box kick. The lock ran for all his worth and was about 30 yards short when the opposition caught the ball. We were not a thinking team last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net