Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 14 December Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.00pm KO RFU Championship Cup

Saturday 21 December Ealing Trailfinders v Newcastle Falcons 3.00pm KO League Championship

RESULT:Doncaster Knights 14 v 43 Newcastle Falcons RFU Championship Cup

Congratulations to Mark Wilson - In RWC2019 Squad
Discussion started by kath. , 12 August, 2019 15:24
Congratulations to Mark Wilson - In RWC2019 Squad
kath. 12 August, 2019 15:24
Named today - full squad here

Re: Congratulations to Mark Wilson - In RWC2019 Squad
steve1888 12 August, 2019 16:39
Was a knocking bet but great to see it confirmed. He's just a gut and got his reward , great bloke , player and role model. Fantastic news.

Falc Dancer 12 August, 2019 16:59
Well deserved
Looking forward to seeing him on the world stage representing the Falcons even if heís been classed as a Sale player in some quarters

Mark Wilson - In RWC2019
UnofficialEnglandRugby 20 September, 2019 10:31
Mark not in the first line up match but I think they will be saving him along with others Teams below + click to enter the Prediction league Comp.,

TEAMS
England team to face Tonga

15 Elliot Daly, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Manu Tuilagi, 12 Owen Farrell (c), 11 Jonny May, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 1 Joe Marler, 2 Jamie George, 3 Kyle Sinckler, 4 Courtney Lawes, 5 Maro Itoje, 6 Tom Curry, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Billy Vunipola.

Replacements 16 Luke Cowan-Dickie, 17 Ellis Genge, 18 Dan Cole, 19 George Kruis, 20 Lewis Ludlam, 21 Willi Heinz, 22 Henry Slade, 23 Jonathan Joseph.

Tonga starting XV

15. David Halaifonua, 14. Atieli Pakalani, 13. Siale Piutau (c), 12. Cooper Vuna, 11. Viliami Lolohea, 10. Kurt Morath, 9. Sonatane Takulua; 1. Siegfried 'Fisiihoi, 2. Sosefo Sakalia, 3. Ben Tameifuna, 4. Sam Lousi, 5. Halaleva Fifita, 6. Sione Kalamafoni, 7. Zane Kapeli, 8. Maama Vaipulu.

Replacements 16. Siua Maile, 17. Latu Talakai, 18. Ma'afu Fia, 19. Dan Faleafa, 20. Nasi Manu, 21. Leon Fukofuka, 22. James Faiva, 23. Nafi Tu'itavake.

England Rugby - Rugby World Cup 2019 - Prediction Legue up now. Good luck to all who enter

ENTER HERE

England News 26 September, 2019 12:07
Thought you might like to see this

England's Mark Wilson in action during the 2019 Rugby World Cup match at the Kobe Misaki Stadium
http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/245/2.45602071.jpg

Falc Dancer 26 September, 2019 14:48
Industrious as ever
Hit every breakdown and carried well
Mark made one mistake from a restart but then won a turnover from the loose ball almost immediately. This still didnít stop Mark apologising to his team mates
I would expect Mark to start the next game

RiponFalcon 26 September, 2019 15:50
That incident did make me laugh
Mark makes an error but rectified it immediately but is then all apologies for the initial error. Says a lot about the bloke

rubyrhone 26 September, 2019 21:18
He was definitely back to his usual excellent self as I thought at the Italy match at SJP he looked like he was carrying an injury and was a bit quiet.
He should start next match - does anyone think he and Tom Curry are our best back row pairing?

mr cheese 26 September, 2019 21:36
think eddie prefers curry and underhill atm only time will tell I suppose

Leipziger 27 September, 2019 05:37
Good industrious performance by Mark, as we expect, nothing too flashy but does the hard work that often goes unnoticed.

Quote:
rubyrhone
He should start next match - does anyone think he and Tom Curry are our best back row pairing?

I listened to the last five minutes on the radio and one of the commentators, Matt Dawson I think, said that Wilson is a key player for England and should start with Curry, however as Mr Cheese says Jones seems to like Underhill and Curry together. It's a long, brutal competition and I'm sure there'll be changes due to injuries, and Mark will get plenty of time on the pitch.

Falc Dancer 27 September, 2019 07:03
When England play big physical teams in France and Argentina, I think Mark will start as heís key to securing the ball at the breakdown. As Leipy says itís the hard work that goes unnoticed but without it youíll struggle

steve1888 27 September, 2019 07:38
We've got a bloody good back row that's for sure as Ludlam looks decent too.

Its hard to pick but againts Argentina I'd could Wilson , Underhill , Vunipola but cant see lots of rotation but to be fair the 4 flankers have bags of energy anyway.

lizard118 27 September, 2019 14:04
Mark is an England international now and looks it! As stated industrious when he came on. I see Mark at 6 and Curry at 7 for Argentina.

pityacker 03 October, 2019 06:13
Is Mark injured as not even on the bench for game v Argentina ?

Falc Dancer 03 October, 2019 07:48
Quote:
pityacker
Is Mark injured as not even on the bench for game v Argentina ?

I hope not but I canít underatand his non selection as good as Ludlum has been
Holding him back for France?

stuart66 03 October, 2019 12:08
I thought mark would have been the perfect player to play against argentina .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net