Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

Hooker Charlie Maddison Signs
Discussion started by GeordieFalcon , 27 August, 2019 12:58
Hooker Charlie Maddison Signs
GeordieFalcon 27 August, 2019 12:58
We have signed another hooker...that means 4 now.

Does that mean Blamire is going to be considered more in the back row?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2019 13:00 by GeordieFalcon.

Re: Hooker Charlie Maddison Signs
AFalcon24 27 August, 2019 13:07
Can see Blamire moving permanently to the back row. 😊

pityacker 27 August, 2019 13:18
Falcons have a huge number of back row players without moving Blamire there , only management know why they have recruited a 28 year old hooker from the championship , personally find it strange.

corporalcarrot 27 August, 2019 13:34
You have signed a cracking player lads who was generally first choice at Jersey last year. A great North Eastern lad who will always be welcome back in St Ouens. I know Falcons turned down the match against Russia but anyone interested in watching Jersey's game the streaming link which starts at 4pm (kick off 5pm) is:
Russia v Jersey Streaming Link

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

RiponFalcon 27 August, 2019 15:50
3 hookers was too few for a full season. You need 2 for every game and there is no one near ready in the academy. There would always be an option of an emergency signing if there are injuries but it would be better to have a decent player in the club full time rather than calling someone in who has had no practice with the jumpers.

Falc Dancer 27 August, 2019 21:45
A big unit, experienced at this level whatís not to like?
The squad needs depth across the board
And a local lad as well

GeordieFalcon 28 August, 2019 11:14
Quote:
Falc Dancer
A big unit, experienced at this level whatís not to like?
The squad needs depth across the board
And a local lad as well

Yeah thats very true actually. I guess 3 hookers is light for a season, 4 gives us a chance to give the first choicers a rest in some games.

corporalcarrot 11 September, 2019 11:49
Falcons could now field a complete former Jersey front row in the cup next week with Charlie hooking between Sam Lockwood & Mark Tampin. I'm sure there would also be room for Gary Graham somewhere in the back five. Have a great trip for anyone coming over lads and for those who cant make it there is usually live radio commentary of BBC radio Jersey.

markismith50 11 September, 2019 12:08
BBC Newcastle are also making the trip and will be broadcasting full commentary.

Not sure about twitter updates as last time I was there the stadium didn't have a press box. But I'll do my best where facilities allow at all away games.

SimonG19 11 September, 2019 17:10
Quote:
markismith50
BBC Newcastle are also making the trip and will be broadcasting full commentary.
Not sure about twitter updates as last time I was there the stadium didn't have a press box. But I'll do my best where facilities allow at all away games.

Do you need a press box for Twitter updates?

markismith50 11 September, 2019 18:53
I need a desk and power for my laptop, given that I do the match report and tweet simultaneously during the game. In the absence of that it will be a very scaled-down matchday service, unfortunately.

Sadly there are no minimum standards for media facilities in the Champ, so some clubs just donít bother. There are some clubs who do, in fairness.

And Iím not after any sympathy, before anyone starts. Iím merely offering an explanation.

CharlieDog 11 September, 2019 21:10
Quote:
markismith50
I need a desk and power for my laptop, given that I do the match report and tweet simultaneously during the game. In the absence of that it will be a very scaled-down matchday service, unfortunately.
Sadly there are no minimum standards for media facilities in the Champ, so some clubs just donít bother. There are some clubs who do, in fairness.

And Iím not after any sympathy, before anyone starts. Iím merely offering an explanation.

Someone has to mention it.......... you could say some grounds are just 'ramshackle'........ (Sm159)

SimonG19 12 September, 2019 14:11
Quote:
markismith50

Fair enough I was just curious as many clubs (rugby and football) provide a very satisfactory real-time match update service via Twitter and reports via mobile phones some using Skype.

markismith50 12 September, 2019 14:42
No problem Simon,

If twitter was the only thing I was doing during the game it would be fine to offer a basic score update service. But I'll have about 4 or 5 different things on the go on my laptop during a match, in which case I really do need a work surface, power and internet.

I'm not complaining (well, maybe I am a bit), but I'll just get on with it and make the best I can of whatever facilities are available.

Leipziger 12 September, 2019 15:25
Could you get one of the players not involved in the matchday squad to do the tweets Smithy, as has happened with reserve games in the past? :-)

markismith50 12 September, 2019 16:05
Hi Leipy, we've done that for reserve games when I've not been able to make the trip, but when I'm there in person it's me who does the tweeting.

corporalcarrot 12 September, 2019 22:27
Quote:
markismith50
Sadly the late great Mike Neville is no longer with us but could they bring back Goffy for the trip?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net