Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 21 September 2019 v Jersey Reds at Stade Santander International, 3.00pm (Cup)

Sunday 29 September 2019 v Doncaster Knights at Kingston Park, 3.00pm (Cup)

How many points this season
Discussion started by Rafpilot2000 , 05 September, 2019 20:09
How many points this season
Rafpilot2000 05 September, 2019 20:09
Itís all gone a little quiet in here, but with the season about to kick off and the new shirt hanging up ready, what are peopleís points predictions fort this season?
Bonus point frenzy?

Re: How many points this season
JustAnotherOnlooker 06 September, 2019 10:48
Average about 30-odd per game I reckon.

Reckon about 18-20 bonus points and finish with over 100 points in the league.

Hodgson as top individual point scorer.

Being humble can get in the bin for a season.

telfs123 06 September, 2019 11:32
I'm reserving all predictions until we start the season. If we come out with the same unimaginative slow crash runner then kick tactic of last year, then it'll be a long slog of a season. If we come out and play to the level our players can play at, with fast running rugby and power from the forwards, it'll be a long slog for any team playing us.

Exiled Falcon 06 September, 2019 15:52
As long as we are sitting here in a yearís time preparing for the Premiership having blooded a load of players to get good game time, played good, attacking rugby, have a good percentage of EQP and our DOR hasnít blamed the referee for his or his playerí obvious failings then I donít mind if we win the league by one point.

trummy200 06 September, 2019 16:43
26 or so games - average 30 pts a game = 780 pts plus cup games

matt1il 06 September, 2019 20:46
With Irish getting 99pts last season aiming for 100 would be a start, although not sure Ealing will be as strong this season

lizard118 08 September, 2019 12:58
I think Coventry and Cornish Pirates will give us a good game.
Agree, Ealing may not be as strong this time with the amount of quality they've lost in the past season. 100 minimum expectation here. We're going down with what's essentially a premiership team. There are no excuses. And no dud rugby ala last season please! although a lot of it may have been down to losing Hodgson so early in the season last.

steve1888 09 September, 2019 12:47
90 points the bar I'd say . Individual matches can be affected by conditions etc

A tramp abroad 09 September, 2019 17:11
As long as it's at least one more than whoever comes second I'll be happy.

Rafpilot2000 10 September, 2019 09:01
I reckon 100 points if achievable but see us getting closer to 90 as reckon there may be the odd shock result that goes against the flow this season.
Would be nice to have it wrapped up by Feb :-)

AJfalc 10 September, 2019 14:04
To be honest, after last season I'm not bothered how many points we get, as long as I see some good rugby and a promising future

AdminBTCov 12 September, 2019 20:56
Quote:
lizard118
I think Coventry and Cornish Pirates will give us a good game.
Agree, Ealing may not be as strong this time with the amount of quality they've lost in the past season. 100 minimum expectation here. We're going down with what's essentially a premiership team. There are no excuses. And no dud rugby ala last season please! although a lot of it may have been down to losing Hodgson so early in the season last.
I think you underestimate Ealing at your peril. I'm fairly convinced you don't need to be too concerned about Cov and Pirates though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net