Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Friday 18 October Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC 8pm KO Championship

Sunday 27 October Cornish Pirates v Newcastle Falcons 2.30pm KO Championship

RESULT:Saturday 12 October London Scottish 13 v 17 Newcastle Falcons Championship

Jersey Trip
Discussion started by eastfalcon , 12 September, 2019 10:44
Jersey Trip
eastfalcon 12 September, 2019 10:44
It has been confirmed that there will be a meet and greet next Friday between 5.30 and 7.30 at Jersey Rugby Club. It will be a chance for those that haven't been before, and those that have, to see the ground, meet home fans and have some nibbles.

Also, the phone app to have for travelling fans is the Jersey Bus Tracker which live tracks all buses!

See you in Jersey! smiling smiley

Onwards and Upwards!

Re: Jersey Trip
Leipziger 12 September, 2019 15:22
Excellent, was hoping they still did the Friday night opening. Depending on the little one but we'll definitely try to go!

corporalcarrot 13 September, 2019 11:01
Useful bus Jersey links:
Jersey Live Bus Tracker
Jersey Multi Day Bus Tickets

All buses accept contactless cards and charge extra if you insist on paying in cash. The multi day passes imo are great value. The number 9 & 22 stop right by the rugby club and the 15 stops a few hundred yards away. There are buses from the airport to town every few minutes.

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

markismith50 13 September, 2019 13:11
Yeah, when I went last time the buses were brilliant for getting around. A very small amount of planning can save you a lot of dosh on taxis.

corporalcarrot 17 September, 2019 10:09
Match Officials:
Jersey vs Newcastle Falcons
Referee: Matt Turvey
Assistant referees: Nigel Carrick, Darryl Chapman
Assessor: Andrew Vertigan

Low tide at 17.39 for those who really know conditions at St Peter.

Mr Turvey's last trip to St Peter was a tad eventful for the visitors London Scottish who had a journey from hell to get to the Island on a foggy day. Having spent over 5 hours on the plane including circling around overhead the airport they eventually got in after a pre-match meal of airline biscuits. A 20 minute warm up and ultimately conceding 6 tries to Jersey in a big defeat before dashing back to the airport. I'm sure Falcon's enormous budget will fund flights and accommodation to avoid the need for a similar day trip. Safe journey lads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2019 10:26 by corporalcarrot.

Falcona 17 September, 2019 17:32
Hi Everyone

for those who are going to Jersey if you take any photos would you kindly send me some for the site
please. Thanking you all.

falconsdmn@gmail.com

corporalcarrot 18 September, 2019 08:08
Jersey weather looking fine for Saturday

and sea temperature 18c so pack your speedos if you are coming.

pityacker 18 September, 2019 09:30
Was at the last Jersey trip which apart from the weather was great staying in the excellent Radisson Blu but had prebooked a week in Turkey however looking forward to making the league game there.

TrafalgarInnJersey 19 September, 2019 14:58
Hello Falcon Fans.

Looks like those of you who are traveling are in for a treat with the weather this weekend. Here's hoping for an excellent game to boot.

My name is Neil; I'm a Jersey Reds fan and also the landlord of The Trafalgar Inn pub in St Aubin's Jersey. We’re proud supporters of Jersey Reds but I felt like you should know we're a welcoming place and always delighted to see visiting fans. We've just been included in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2020 and will be showing every game of the Rugby World Cup. We're an ideal stop-off between the Rugby Club and St Helier if taking the number 15 bus. You'll always likely to meet some of the Jersey players on the evening of the game as the front bar, with live music, is always very popular. The back bar is more chilled for those who are less keen on crowds.

If you'd prefer to head back to St Helier I'd recommend to the Lamplighter for good Beers and Ciders and as a place to watch the Rugby. For live music The Blue Note and The Troubadour are always worth checking out.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Regards

Neil

Web: www.trafalgarinn.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/trafalgarinnjersey

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net