Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 17 November Newcastle Falcons v Coventry 3.00 pm KO Championship

Friday 29 November Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC 8.00 pm KO RFU Championship Cup

RESULT: Bedford Blues 6 v 11 Newcastle Falcons Championship

Programmes £1 cheaper this season
Discussion started by markismith50 , 17 October, 2019 12:56
Programmes £1 cheaper this season
markismith50 17 October, 2019 12:56
Hi guys,

I hope you can forgive the blatant commercial intrusion, but I did think it would be of interest.

For this season's league games we have reduced the cover price of the match programme from £3.50 to £2.50.

Yes there is a drop in pagination from 72 to 64, but there are also 15 fewer Premiership adverts which we now don't need to put in, so you are actually getting more reading material despite having fewer physical pages.

To keep the price down this season we have gone without the glossy cover, there's a great exclusive with George Wacokecoke as the main feature and the following link has a load more info [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

I just thought it useful to flag this up in advance, and as always please feel free to contact me with any constructive feedback on the programme. I signed it off this morning and I think the designer has done a cracking job. There's something in it for everyone, I hope.

PS: The fan radios should also be working on match days after a successful trial at the last home game. We're using the BBC Newcastle radio commentary (kind thanks to Smithy Senior for that), and also hoping to broadcast the refs' audio on the other channel. The radio sets we're selling still have Premiership Rugby branding. It's not arrogance on our part, it's just a fact of life that we're selling the stock we have rather than wasting money on rebranding it or buying new sets.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: Programmes £1 cheaper this season
Falcona 17 October, 2019 14:23
Thanks for this info., Mark no intrusion at all. This is very useful for all fans. cheers(Sm42)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/95/95_0_1571323631.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2019 14:49 by Falcona.

markismith50 17 October, 2019 14:24
No problem, thank you.

Andy Mac 18 October, 2019 07:55
Cheers for letting us know about the radios. Iíd assumed the refs would have only been micíd up in Prem games so didnít bother bringing along the radio. (Actually, will last seasons radios still work?)

markismith50 18 October, 2019 08:18
Yes, last seasonís will work. The ref-only audio is possibly not quite as clear as last season, but thatís out of our hands. Itís still decent, and the radio commentary came through crystal clear last game when we did our test run.

alchemist 18 October, 2019 16:42
Radio commentary during the last game was a pleasant surprise and much appreciated :-)

markismith50 18 October, 2019 17:11
We just didnít want to advertise it last game in case it didnít work. Probably jinxed it now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net