Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Sunday 17 November Newcastle Falcons v Coventry 3.00 pm KO Championship

Friday 29 November Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC 8.00 pm KO RFU Championship Cup

RESULT: Bedford Blues 6 v 11 Newcastle Falcons Championship

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Bedford Blues v Falcons 9/11/19 Teams Up
Discussion started by FalconsRugby.org.uk , 08 November, 2019 12:40
Bedford Blues v Falcons 9/11/19 Teams Up
FalconsRugby.org.uk 08 November, 2019 12:40
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Bedford Blues v Falcons 9/11/19 Teams Up
Bedlington Lad 08 November, 2019 12:52
Looks a decent side, happy to see Dom Waldouck get a run out

GeordieFalcon 08 November, 2019 13:33
i have nothing against Dom, but why is he starting when we have the likes of Tom Penny, Charlie Wilson, Ben Stevenson (On the bench), the Matavesi brothers...etc.

Arent we supposed to be using this season to really build for getting back in the prem ....and STAYING there?

Falc Dancer 08 November, 2019 13:42
Rotation and injuries I guess
A decent team again

Kingston Parker 08 November, 2019 14:10
Dan Temm playing for them against his old team?

telfs123 08 November, 2019 14:12
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
i have nothing against Dom, but why is he starting when we have the likes of Tom Penny, Charlie Wilson, Ben Stevenson (On the bench), the Matavesi brothers...etc.
Arent we supposed to be using this season to really build for getting back in the prem ....and STAYING there?

This is what many of us feared when it was announced Deano and the coaching staff were staying on. Dom Waldouck is a great guy, an experienced professional. But if the plan is for him to be getting game time when we’re (hopefully) back in the Prem then we’re stuffed.
Read Deano’s comments today. Already a pack full of excuses about our poor away performances.

Ben Stevenson started the season looking great, got shoved to the wing, kept scoring, and then has been shoved to the bench.

Where would people rather young players like Cam N-K get their first 10 games experience- the Championship, learning and building into an exciting game plan, or in the Premiership in the middle of a relegation battle (or more likely knowing Deano, not get experience in the Championship or Premiership, and then maybe considered when we get relegated again)

Falc Dancer 08 November, 2019 14:49
Quote:
Kingston Parker
Dan Temm playing for them against his old team?

Coulson at 13 also spent time on our books although he didn’t play I believe

Falc Dancer 08 November, 2019 14:52
Quote:
telfs123
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

This is what many of us feared when it was announced Deano and the coaching staff were staying on. Dom Waldouck is a great guy, an experienced professional. But if the plan is for him to be getting game time when we’re (hopefully) back in the Prem then we’re stuffed.
Read Deano’s comments today. Already a pack full of excuses about our poor away performances.

Ben Stevenson started the season looking great, got shoved to the wing, kept scoring, and then has been shoved to the bench.

Where would people rather young players like Cam N-K get their first 10 games experience- the Championship, learning and building into an exciting game plan, or in the Premiership in the middle of a relegation battle (or more likely knowing Deano, not get experience in the Championship or Premiership, and then maybe considered when we get relegated again)

Dean can’t win with some people
He’s been rotating his squad all season giving plenty of players opportunities

Rogerandout 08 November, 2019 17:03
Nice to see McGuigan back, I can’t figure out some of the decisions and agree with Telfs123 . To my mind the likes of Waldouck being the answer in 2020/2021 seem less likely than Penny / Stevenson.
That was very much my point re Flood at 12 last week. I do not wish to denigrate either of those players, my only point is that they are the past as opposed to the future. I really believe that in the present we will be good enough at Bedford either way so I would gamble on the future.
But then I am just a bloke who watches on a weekend. Deano is not an idiot and must get promotion this year it is a pressurised position.
I have seen Northampton prosper from gambling on younger backs. I am not convinced they are superior to our younger backs. I would love to see us give them their heads but then it isn’t my careee.

BedfordFalcon 08 November, 2019 19:36
I understand the views about experience v the future. But I would think the team need to keep winning until we're in a good position with a bit of daylight between us and the rest. Then start to experiment. I'm sure that's how Irish did it last year.

Falc Dancer 08 November, 2019 19:46
With our first choice centres (Matavesi & Williams) both unavailable we are going to have to use the full squad.
Blamire, Penny, Wacokecoke, Montgomery, Stevenson have all had game time in the first team this season
Others such as Nordi-Kelemeti have played in the cup/pre season games as well as the Scottish games. It’s a long season, there will be plenty opportunity for game time for our younger players but not at the expense of winning games
Bedford are an experienced & established championship side. Can we afford to throw in young players in? Or do we go with a mix of youth & experience?
I think Deans selection is a good choice.

dick g 08 November, 2019 22:44
This is not about the future. It is about now. As an earlier poster observed, we can begin to prepare a side for our return to Prem Rugby once our promotion appears more certain and even then proceed with care. But I do not presume to give Deano any egg sucking lessons.

pityacker 09 November, 2019 09:45
Good to see Sam Lockwood back he hasn’t had much first team exposure so far this season , it could be a false illusion but he appears to have lost weight.

pityacker 09 November, 2019 13:16
Just noticed anyone who has Sky but not Sky Sports can watch Falcons on Sky Sports Mix channel 145 which is available to all Sky subscribers at no extra cost , England v France women's rugby on prior to Falcons game.

alchemist 09 November, 2019 14:19
Channel 510/520 for Virgin subscribers

AJfalc 09 November, 2019 16:20
Absolutely terrible

RiponFalcon 09 November, 2019 16:21
Quote:
AJfalc
Absolutely terrible
Not as good as that

telfs123 09 November, 2019 16:24
In case anyone is wondering, we look dire. I think we tried to play through phases twice in the whole half.
And otherwise it’s been box kick after box kick. Or get penalised. Or drop the ball.

Is there a single person on this board who thinks our coaching staff are adequate?

Shall we play Deano excuse guessing? I’m going for a reference to “not playing the conditions” and another to “going off the game plan” and maybe a cheeky “didn’t get the rub of the green with some decisions”.

Benpj17 09 November, 2019 16:28
Toby needs hooking at half time

BedfordFalcon 09 November, 2019 16:31
Agreed re Toby. The way he's playing it'll be red card and penalty try conceded.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net