Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 14 December Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.00pm KO RFU Championship Cup

Saturday 21 December Ealing Trailfinders v Newcastle Falcons 3.00pm KO League Championship

RESULT:Doncaster Knights 14 v 43 Newcastle Falcons RFU Championship Cup

Toby cited
Discussion started by Falc Dancer , 13 November, 2019 14:00
Toby cited
Falc Dancer 13 November, 2019 14:00
Toby Flood has been cited following the weekends game at Bedford
This despite the TMO reviewing the footage at the time and deciding there was no foul play
Also nothing said about the Bedford player who made contact with Waldoucks head in the second half forcing him to leave the field injured

Re: Toby cited
nook10 13 November, 2019 14:36
Thought there was no TMO or time clock in championship and it was all down to the officials on the day

Bedlington Lad 13 November, 2019 14:42
i didn't see the Waldouk incident but Toby's looks like a fair cop. The guy was tackled and on his knees but it looked to me a straight shoulder to face , I was surprised when I heard I think the ref say accidental collision

markismith50 13 November, 2019 15:48
"Thought there was no TMO or time clock in championship and it was all down to the officials on the day".

There's only a TMO at the live Sky games.

trummy200 13 November, 2019 15:52
Have to say, thought he was lucky at the time

Barry555 13 November, 2019 16:04
Not surprised RE Toby ..... dangerous neck roll earlier in the game too.
The player who he high shotted hadnít even dipped that far down either in my opinion in order to give Toby leniency.
Admit I didnít see Dom get whacked? Similar to Floodís?

Norton Canes 13 November, 2019 16:14
Quote:
Barry555
The player who he high shotted hadnít even dipped that far down either in my opinion in order to give Toby leniency.
I think the citing is for the neck roll. In the second incident tha ball carrier was dipping so probably a YC and a warning.

Barry555 13 November, 2019 16:22
Quote:
Norton Canes
Quote:
Barry555
I think the citing is for the neck roll. In the second incident tha ball carrier was dipping so probably a YC and a warning.

Thanks Norton Cane! I think if he gets away with one and gets cited for the other canít really complain to be honest. Even with the tackle incident he doesnít change height that much..... still probably would have been shoulder to head in my opinion.

Falc Dancer 13 November, 2019 17:48
Quote:
Bedlington Lad
i didn't see the Waldouk incident but Toby's looks like a fair cop. The guy was tackled and on his knees but it looked to me a straight shoulder to face , I was surprised when I heard I think the ref say accidental collision

Sky didnít mention Waldouck but the game was stopped whilst he received treatment and it was clear from the replay

steve1888 13 November, 2019 21:40
The neck roll wasn't good but I didn't see much wrong with the other and looked worse in slow mo than it actually was.

dick g 14 November, 2019 15:25
Quote:
markismith50
"Thought there was no TMO or time clock in championship and it was all down to the officials on the day".
There's only a TMO at the live Sky games.

Very unfair as it was in the Prem before TMOs were introduced throughout. Why should this valuable extra dimension to reffing only be available if Sky is around?

It gives teams at televised games an unfair advantage. End it now!

markismith50 14 November, 2019 16:08
"It gives teams at televised games an unfair advantage"

Or conversely, puts them at a disadvantage because they're more likely to have players cited. You could argue both ways on that one.

Either way, the reason for not having it at non-TV games is purely financial, it costs an absolute bomb.

Bedlington Lad 14 November, 2019 16:36
If he's banned we've got two fly-halves available so i don't see it as a big worry

OldNick 14 November, 2019 17:39
1 week ban - No Flood on Sunday

[www.englandrugby.com]

Falc Dancer 14 November, 2019 18:06
Quote:
OldNick
[www.englandrugby.com]

I would like to know what feedback is given to the TMO who ruled no foul play during the game
I canít see how any panel can make a different decision based upon the footage the TMO saw. If they have different footage why hasnít the TMO got access to that at the time?
A lack of consistency

trummy200 14 November, 2019 20:44
Plenty of Floods on Thursday!

CharlieDog 14 November, 2019 21:27
Quote:
OldNick
[www.englandrugby.com]

Well at least we stand a chance of winning now......

Norton Canes 15 November, 2019 08:05
Quote:
Falc Dancer
Quote:
OldNick
[www.englandrugby.com]

I would like to know what feedback is given to the TMO who ruled no foul play during the game
I canít see how any panel can make a different decision based upon the footage the TMO saw. If they have different footage why hasnít the TMO got access to that at the time?
A lack of consistency
The TMO was dropped from his game this weekend.

dick g 15 November, 2019 08:30
Quote:
markismith50
Or conversely, puts them at a disadvantage because they're more likely to have players cited. You could argue both ways on that one.

Either way, the reason for not having it at non-TV games is purely financial, it costs an absolute bomb.

In that case, remove it from all games to make it equal to all.

Falc Dancer 15 November, 2019 09:12
Quote:
CharlieDog
Quote:
OldNick
[www.englandrugby.com]

Well at least we stand a chance of winning now......

Because we havenít been winning with Flood so far this season....

Re: Toby cited - Greene King IPA Championship Media Release
Falcona 15 November, 2019 10:53
For immediate release: Friday 15 November, 2019
Issued on behalf of The Greene King IPA Championship

Disciplinary hearing: Toby Flood, Newcastle Falcons

The case against Toby Flood of Newcastle Falcons was heard on papers by sole judicial officer, Antony Davies. Flood was cited by independent citing commissioner Budge Pountney following the match against Bedford Blues on Saturday 9 November 2019. This was for reckless or dangerous play, contrary to World Rugby Law 9.11.

Flood accepted the charge and was given a one week suspension by Davies. The player is free to play again on Tuesday 19 November 2019.

To read the full judgement please click here.

SimonG19 15 November, 2019 21:15
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
markismith50

In that case, remove it from all games to make it equal to all.

That's a bit like suggesting we remove all policemen from the beat after one catches a burglar in order to make it equal to all!

(Edited to replace bugular with burglar although I'd favour arresting both).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2019 21:18 by SimonG19.

NorfolkFalcon 16 November, 2019 08:53
I wonít be surprised in the slightest if we play better tomorrow without Mr Flood.

pityacker 16 November, 2019 10:20
Toby puts absolutely all he has into games nobody tries harder and he defends with real courage and tenacity but the sad truth is he offensively is nothing like the player he once was and Joel adds a lot more creativity , our backline hasnt fired this season so far but we have good players yet to come in but a worry is our lineout where we have been poor at times despite having an ex international lineout coach , the general thoughts from the club is that when everything clicks someone is going to get a real walloping certainly hope they are right as despite being unbeaten the performances have been light years away from what will be required hopefully in the premier league next season.

Rafpilot2000 16 November, 2019 20:33
Iím pretty sure most championship clubs would love to have an ex England fly half like Mr Flood playing for them.
Is he not as sharp as he was? Of course not but he is a local lad and gives everything . Defensively he isnít great and can at times be reckless but he is certainly a good tool in the armoury and hopefully he is adding completion for the number 10 shirt that will bring on Joel and others.
The citing is fair but nothing earth shattering.
Hoping for a good game tomorrow

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net