Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 14 December Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.00pm KO RFU Championship Cup

Saturday 21 December Ealing Trailfinders v Newcastle Falcons 3.00pm KO League Championship

RESULT:Doncaster Knights 14 v 43 Newcastle Falcons RFU Championship Cup

Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFU Championship Cup - Teams Up
Discussion started by FalconsRugby.org.uk , 28 November, 2019 16:09
Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFU Championship Cup - Teams Up
FalconsRugby.org.uk 28 November, 2019 16:09
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/11/2019 17:59 by Falcona.

Re: Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFC Championship Cup - Teams Up
Rogerandout 28 November, 2019 16:38
Very strong and very experienced side. Nice to see the return of the World Cup players being integrated into the side. At the same time I would still like to see some of the less experienced players having a proper run out.
I know we want to win every game, the league and the cup. Quite rightly. I just want our young backs in particular to be Premiership players next year. If they arenít to be trusted in the Championship Cup I donít know when they will be trusted.
Should be a good convincing victory and despite my whinge I am looking forward to it.

Re: Newcastle Falcons v Hartpury RFU Championship Cup - Teams Up
The Bobster 28 November, 2019 22:04
Iím looking forward to it, such a strong squad for a cup game, I though DR may have rested the majority of the squad but he hasnít, should be a good night under the lights!

AFalcon24 29 November, 2019 09:38
Strong team with a lot of experience in, I have a feeling we will win well.

The Bobster 29 November, 2019 21:51
Game of two halves, referee was a bit questionable. First half performance seemed pretty dire but the second half much better! Hopefully the injury to Cooper Vuna isnít too bad!

GeordieFalcon 29 November, 2019 23:01
The ref had refereed the county cup final in Alnwick last night.
maybe two games in a row was two much for him as he made some odd decisions.

However the game...and im sorry if im a broken down record player but.....yes another big scoreline and a win but that was an awful game until the last 20 when they got tired and we scored points. Lets forget Floods performance before he went off.

A good premier side would put a cricket score on them...and if we think playing like that will win games in the prem...then we need to rethink...

We do have some talented players...and some of the youngsters could be great but the tactics are awful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2019 23:02 by GeordieFalcon.

alas 30 November, 2019 01:03
Flattering scoreline with Hartpury tiring and making errors in the last quarter. The Falcons must have knocked-on about 20 times. Poor performance compared to the Coventry game.

AJfalc 30 November, 2019 07:53
As above, after 50 or 60 minutes the score was 15-10 and was looking like a real banana skin.
Why should we forget Toby? His 2 kicks before he went off were dreadful attempts and similar to the season so far.

pityacker 30 November, 2019 07:55
Simply awful to watch at times before Hartpury part timers tired and the tries came , some of the players didnt know what was going on during some of the plays and you wouldn't think that they spent so much time training and rehearsing moves together and as said the scoreline didnt reflect how a lot of the game had gone. Cooper Vuna looked in a lot of pain when he went off I fear his second game for Falcons will not be for some time.

dick g 30 November, 2019 08:42
Hartpury put everything into defence in first half. Falcons started by playing like it was going to be an easy game and on past evidence this was a reasonable stance. As for handling errors it was a bit chill out there and I suspect even plastic pitches aren't immune from being frozen.

But, you know me. A fifty pointer, ten wins out of ten. Happy Xmas.

GeordieFalcon 30 November, 2019 16:01
Quote:
AJfalc
As above, after 50 or 60 minutes the score was 15-10 and was looking like a real banana skin.
Why should we forget Toby? His 2 kicks before he went off were dreadful attempts and similar to the season so far.

Sorry i meant , lets forget it because it was so bad. He knocked om about 3 tines, passed to peoples feet, above their heads....

But then Joel was hardly the heads up 10 we saw in the last game either....

I hist dont jnow whats going on...or what theyre being coached

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net