Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 14 December Newcastle Falcons v Jersey Reds 2.00pm KO RFU Championship Cup

Saturday 21 December Ealing Trailfinders v Newcastle Falcons 3.00pm KO League Championship

RESULT:Doncaster Knights 14 v 43 Newcastle Falcons RFU Championship Cup

Morgan Passman
Discussion started by pityacker , 01 December, 2019 10:25
Morgan Passman
pityacker 01 December, 2019 10:25
After topping the leagues try count at Tynedale last season Morgan is continuing his try scoring feats at Darlington Mowden Park , he got 4 yesterday, I wonder if management are going to give him a chance for Falcons this season, he is a big lad and not exactly a kid at 20 years old and it’s always nice for supporters to see the product of the work the academy coaches do.

Re: Morgan Passman
lizard118 01 December, 2019 11:25
Nice to have a post on this lad Acker. I have also kept an eye on this lad. I hope we've secured him on something long term as I can't imagine his exploits have gone unnoticed!
He first came to my attention two seasons ago and for a teenager he was huge, especially for a winger. He's a natural born finisher like Cueto but with the size of Steve Hanley, both once of Sale Sharks.
I think he's going to be the real deal imo, and the only surprise for me is that he hasn't been seen in the first team yet. He scored 4 tries against Birmingham Moseley yesterday, and has been scoring at least two a game this season. Okay it's not premiership rugby, but a try scorer is a try scorer.
There's a good reason to be excited about this lad! I'm hoping to see him in the first team picture soon.

AJfalc 01 December, 2019 12:42
Looks like Cooper Vuna did his collar bone on Friday, so could be out for a while.
I like Taity but why not give Morgan a run out, he's 20 , we played Farrar who's 19 I think.

Exiled Falcon 01 December, 2019 12:49
Briz have been playing the young Welsh guy who is 18 so age shouldn’t rally be a barrier to him getting a gig with the first team.

toastie1 01 December, 2019 12:56
Couldn't agree more about Passman. I like Alex too, but surely Morgan is the future and deserves a first-team chance ?

DJMc 01 December, 2019 13:26
Being very cynical I wouldn't hold your breath going on the experience of Radwan and Kiribrige.

NorfolkFalcon 01 December, 2019 17:45
Get Passman and Hodge (when fit) into the side.

Running Rugby 01 December, 2019 18:16
Would love to see Passman and Josh Hodge (when fit), in the first team, going forward for the future.

Falc Dancer 01 December, 2019 21:10
Passman will undoubtedly get his chance this season based upon his form but as Mowden Park is the highest level he’s played at this time let him get some game time and experience under his belt. There’s plenty time left this season

Exiled Falcon 01 December, 2019 22:03
Had a look at the Mowden Park’s tries and Passman’s were all really good, really good probably being a gross understatement. Looks like a great prospect.

AFalcon24 03 December, 2019 10:06
Should be getting a chance seems like a class finisher with size also.

eastfalcon 06 December, 2019 13:52
I was at DMP last Saturday - what a good match. FYI Passman and Hodge are starting tomorrow for their DMP v Blackheath. I shall be heading for Doncaster tomorrow or otherwise I would be there again.

Onwards and Upwards!

GeordieFalcon 06 December, 2019 14:52
I wouldnt hold your breath seeing him play this season...or Josh Hodge

Theyll be away to one of the big clubs before you can blink.

Monkey1 06 December, 2019 17:30
Could somebody please tell me why I have heard of Morgan Passman? I don't get to hear about much outside of Falcons & Scotland these days, and certainly don't hear of what goes on at Corbridge or Darlington, but I have heard of him despite this.

It's been niggling at me ever since this thread was started.

markismith50 06 December, 2019 18:07
Maybe you’re thinking of Morgan Freeman!?

Exiled Falcon 06 December, 2019 20:53

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 22:21 by Exiled Falcon.

Falc Dancer 07 December, 2019 18:47
Not sure on the reasons why and I am hoping someone can shed some light on events but it appears that Passman was stretchered off early in today’s game and the offending tackler received a straight red card

Falc Dancer 07 December, 2019 20:22
Looks like it was a knee dislocation
Nasty injury

Monkey1 07 December, 2019 20:25
Morgan is sponsored by the Supporters Club this season, how very embarrassing that I couldn't connect the name with the player, but those who are used to my powers of memory recall will not be overly surprised.

Hope his injury sounds worse than it is. Never good for any player to leave the field on a stretcher. We can only wish him well.

longservice 07 December, 2019 20:28
DMP twitter feed said Liebenburg given red for a high tackle on Morgan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 20:29 by longservice.

aidanb 07 December, 2019 20:32
[twitter.com]

Knee dislocated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2019 20:33 by aidanb.

GeordieFalcon 08 December, 2019 16:28
Really sorry to hear that...hes been playing great.

Hell be well looked after and should come back fine...hes very young.

BedfordFalcon 08 December, 2019 17:06
That is terrible news. The consequences of such an injury are potentially very bad. Fingers crossed that's not the case for Morgan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net