Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Newcastle Falcons v Doncster Knights 10 Jan2020 - Teams Up
markismith50 12 January, 2020 09:57
Correct, he was stood down from the A-game. We would never ask a player to play after 65mins the day before. It would be wholly irresponsible.

If the report still has his name in itíll be because I stupidly set up the template the day before then forgot to change it (doh!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2020 09:58 by markismith50.

stuart66 12 January, 2020 10:09
Hi exile falcon the idea is either 2 conferences like the pro14 or 2 tiers. 14 English teams 2scottish 4 irish and 4 welsh =24 and maybe the 2 Italian teams which would be 26. Personally I would find that more appeling than the premiship which I have given up on as a failed experiment.

RiponFalcon 12 January, 2020 10:51
To me the idea of a British league or joining with the Pro 14 sounds similar to the idea of Rangers and Celtic joining the Premiership in football. I can see why they want it but not why the English teams would go for it.
The English games has much more money so why would they agree to share it with more teams particularly if potentially some of the English teams would end up in a second tier as a result. Also in rugby it would potentially damage the European competition as it would be almost no different from the normal league

stuart66 12 January, 2020 11:14
the English professional teams would not like it as they would have too improve from the mediocre levels of the premiship too complete. I think the only country where professional rugby has really worked is france.

stuart66 12 January, 2020 11:20
the English teams are damageing the European club competiton as only sarrys ever took it serious enough.

No.8 12 January, 2020 12:34
Quote:
stuart66
the English teams are damageing the European club competiton as only sarrys ever took it serious enough.

Well didn't English teams do well not taking it seriously and still winning it more times than any of nation. Also had more different teams from that nation win it with 5 teams.

There's 35 seconds to go 12 January, 2020 12:47
Quote:
stuart66

Only ones caught cheating to afford it.

stuart66 12 January, 2020 12:47
in the past yes but only sarrys in recent times

No.8 12 January, 2020 12:56
Only Sarries have been successful but I think other teams have taken it seriously. Northampton made a final in the last 10 years so I assume they were taking it seriously. Only 3 teams have won it in the last 9 years but that doesn't mean others haven't taken it seriously.

stuart66 12 January, 2020 13:43
the prem rules cause mediocre teams that are uncompetitive outside of the prem. why do people want to pay to watch it i have had enough of it. sarries have been professional in a joke of a league.

Exiled Falcon 12 January, 2020 15:29
Quote:
RiponFalcon
To me the idea of a British league or joining with the Pro 14 sounds similar to the idea of Rangers and Celtic joining the Premiership in football. I can see why they want it but not why the English teams would go for it.
The English games has much more money so why would they agree to share it with more teams particularly if potentially some of the English teams would end up in a second tier as a result. Also in rugby it would potentially damage the European competition as it would be almost no different from the normal league

Must admit it boils my proverbial when my Rangers and Celtic supporting mates moan about the English running scarred of these odious teams playing in England as if there is some sort of obligation for the English league system to take them. They wanted nothing to do with the English leagues when it was dire in the 80s yet want a piece of the action now. Same in rugby, the English clubs have no moral or any sort of an obligation to admit any other teams into it just as the French have no obligation to take ours etc etc. I think people would soon get bored of a British and Irish league in the same way the European cups have not some of their appeal.

Ah, I get you Stuart, hadnít thought about the two conferences idea. Still doesnít appeal mind you! I think itís harsh saying the English clubs have damaged European competition, I admit there have been some cringeworthy results (like Saints getting stuffed at home) but remember they are in effect playing Ireland / Scottish National teams or pretty close to them and hugely financed French clubs.

Bedlington Lad 13 January, 2020 07:55
I thought the team looked ring rusty for the first twenty minutes or so then settled down and played ok. Nasty conditions, the stand did a great job sheltering us from it so I'm not surprised at the odd dropped pass, etc.

I've been critical of Toby Flood on here, but I'd never abuse him when he's playing, obviously the bloke wearing glasses with a big gob near me in the South Stand didn't feel the same. Very poor in my opinion.

Not worried at all about next year, cross that bridge when we come to it.

dick g 13 January, 2020 08:35
Right again, Beddy. You are on a roll.

steve1888 13 January, 2020 08:41
Cheering when a player is subbed is the same as booing your own team , terrible. Same used to happen to Matt Thompson and Mickey Young but then never the players who were never anyway near as good. Seems like some of our fans need some sort of panto villain each season and shamefully seems to be the local lads that give more than most.

Also we have 37 points from a possible 40 , thats pretty good going whatever and although the rugby is poor at times you can only play what's in front of you.

One thing i do agree with is some of the squad in the championship - Owen , Sinoti, Mulipola , Nagusa aren't needed IMO and dont seem to offer the leadership that Flood and Young do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/01/2020 08:48 by steve1888.

Bedlington Lad 13 January, 2020 09:30
Quote:
dick g
Right again, Beddy. You are on a roll.

Cheers Dick (Sm128)

Bedlington Lad 13 January, 2020 09:32
"Toby flood made a couple of breaks last night off rucks...and the moves failed due to lack of support."

Yes indeed - I did think our support play was a bit lacking.

Wensleydale Falcon 13 January, 2020 09:49
Absolutely agree BL.

I would add to that, as i really believe that we are also playing within ourselves for periods of the games, and then when we need to, we just go up a gear, the last 15 minutes of the first half was an example of this.

As Steve says, 37 points from 40 is a pretty decent return.

Personally i do not think that we will win every game, but as long as we beat the teams around us we will be fine.

Northumbrian 13 January, 2020 18:03
Why a British/Irish league? You might as well just carry on to a European league.

Exiled Falcon 13 January, 2020 20:30
CVC may see it as a way of maximising their return. Iím perfectly happy with the status quo, warts and all, only time will tell what happens. Itís all purely speculation anyway as far as I know.

Barry555 15 January, 2020 15:09
As ever I try to be as positive as possible. But that game was pretty dire. Not much punch from our boys. Playing set piece to set piece. Seemed to be a lot of phase play to get to an area of the pitch but then nothing much after that.
Arscott is a different player this year, way more positive influences in games compared to last year. George at 13 as well been outstanding.

Relegated Prem team playing pretty average rugby in the Champ and still no near threats of being defeated..... if thatís a sign for ring fencing I donít know what is.

But hey we are top of the league and undefeated .... long may it continue!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net