Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Captain Our Captain

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Coventry away now on sale
Discussion started by matt1il , 21 January, 2020 13:42
Coventry away now on sale
matt1il 21 January, 2020 13:42
Coventry tickets now on sale for those planning on going along.

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

£18 Seating
£15 Standing

Re: Coventry away now on sale
Monkey1 21 January, 2020 15:22
The Supporters Club will be running a bus to this game, details will be out in the next day or so but being one of our more local games it is a nice lazy start, home at a decent time, & not expensive. The Leeds trip was superb, if only they could all be so close, but Coventry isn't bad either.

Paul Ingleston 22 January, 2020 09:08
Coventry fan in peace.

Congratulations on your progress this season so far. Enjoyed our trip to a bitterly cold Kingston Park (not the result!) earlier this season, and CRSC are looking forward to welcoming you to the Butts Park Arena in March.
See you soon.

Paul Ingleston
Coventry Rugby Supporters Club

dick g 24 January, 2020 19:31
Quote:
Paul Ingleston
Coventry fan in peace.
Congratulations on your progress this season so far. Enjoyed our trip to a bitterly cold Kingston Park (not the result!) earlier this season, and CRSC are looking forward to welcoming you to the Butts Park Arena in March.
See you soon.

Paul Ingleston

One of my best rugby memories was the occasion I went to see Gosforth play Cov at Coundon Road.

At half time, a bloke sitting behind me was having a heated exchange with his wife/partner about his desire to go for a drink.

He appeared to be losing. Without turning round, I reached back and handed him my hip flask, I heard him take a dram and then he patted me on the shoulder and passed the flask back. Not a word was spoken.

I have had a soft spot for Coventty ever since. But I still hope we beat the **** out of them . 😈

Leipziger 24 January, 2020 20:07
The summer before last we went to London for a few days and broke up the journey with a night in Coventry. In the morning I went for a run and passed Butts Park, looked a really nice ground, so we'll definitely be making an effort to get to this one.

NorfolkFalcon 24 January, 2020 20:51
As tickets are now on sale I assume that the date/time is now fixed?

markismith50 24 January, 2020 22:47
All dates up to March 28 are fixed.

NorfolkFalcon 25 January, 2020 07:26
Thanks Smithy.

Leipziger 26 January, 2020 13:31
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
Paul Ingleston
Coventry fan in peace.
See you soon.

Paul Ingleston

One of my best rugby memories was the occasion I went to see Gosforth play Cov at Coundon Road.

At half time, a bloke sitting behind me was having a heated exchange with his wife/partner about his desire to go for a drink.

He appeared to be losing. Without turning round, I reached back and handed him my hip flask, I heard him take a dram and then he patted me on the shoulder and passed the flask back. Not a word was spoken.

I have had a soft spot for Coventty ever since. But I still hope we beat the **** out of them . 😈

That's brilliant Dick, I bet they had an interesting conversation on the way home!

Reminds me of a game away to Saracens many years ago in my university days, I was on the train back to Manchester afterwards when a man and his son walked past me wearing Sale shirts. Man saw my Falcons shirt and asked how we'd got on, he said they'd just lost at Harlequins. A few minutes later, they walked back past and the man plonked a can of lager on the table in front of me. "Now we can both drown our sorrows!" he said and walked off. #rugbyfamily in action.

limpopo 27 January, 2020 11:40
[quote

That's brilliant Dick, I bet they had an interesting conversation on the way home!

Reminds me of a game away to Saracens many years ago in my university days, I was on the train back to Manchester afterwards when a man and his son walked past me wearing Sale shirts. Man saw my Falcons shirt and asked how we'd got on, he said they'd just lost at Harlequins. A few minutes later, they walked back past and the man plonked a can of lager on the table in front of me. "Now we can both drown our sorrows!" he said and walked off. #rugbyfamily in action.[/quote

Spot on, long may it continue.

matt1il 03 March, 2020 22:46
For those that are footie minded as well, this game will now be on the same weekend as the FA Cup quarter which will be on tele. So hopefully we can all watch the match before/after the match somewhere and have a great double weekend!

matt1il 24 April, 2020 20:11
Update from Coventry if anyone bought tickets for the Cov v Newc match last month, essentially we get a choice of home matches between now and Christmas (which is slightly annoying seeing as their crowdfunders get a choice of matches throughout the whole season):

Quote:
Therefore we are now able to offer you the ability to exchange your booked ticket(s) for an alternative match before this Christmas at Butts Park Arena in the 2020/21 campaign, subject to availability.
A number of you who had booked tickets for one of the remaining matches in 2019/20 have already approached us with similar offers, and we are very grateful both for their understanding and the desire to come and support the team next season.

We will keep your original orders on file but would ask that you also keep hold of your booking number to make the re-booking process as straightforward as possible.

Due to the ongoing nature of the Coronavirus pandemic we do not know when the new seasonís fixtures will be announced, but we wanted to make you aware of our plans in advance. Once the fixture list has been announced we will be in contact to arrange your alternative booking.

If you have any queries related to this please email enquiries@coventryrugby.co.uk and we will endeavour to answer them as quickly as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2020 20:13 by matt1il.

Kimbo 25 April, 2020 14:50
Quote:
matt1il
Update from Coventry if anyone bought tickets for the Cov v Newc match last month, essentially we get a choice of home matches between now and Christmas (which is slightly annoying seeing as their crowdfunders get a choice of matches throughout the whole season):
Quote:
Therefore we are now able to offer you the ability to exchange your booked ticket(s) for an alternative match before this Christmas at Butts Park Arena in the 2020/21 campaign, subject to availability.
A number of you who had booked tickets for one of the remaining matches in 2019/20 have already approached us with similar offers, and we are very grateful both for their understanding and the desire to come and support the team
next season.

We will keep your original orders on file but would ask that you also keep hold of your booking number to make the re-booking process as straightforward as possible.

Due to the ongoing nature of the Coronavirus pandemic we do not know when the new seasonís fixtures will be announced, but we wanted to make you aware of our plans in advance. Once the fixture list has been announced we will be in contact to arrange your alternative booking.

If you have any queries related to this please email enquiries@coventryrugby.co.uk and we will endeavour to answer them as quickly as possible.

That seems a little strange. I would have thought it would apply to home supporters, not those travelling from the NE!
I'd certainly check with the club on the email quoted to clarify, explaining your circumstances. Bear in mind, though, it may take a day or two to get a reply given the current level of staffing.
Best wishes for next season (whenever that might be).

matt1il 25 April, 2020 16:08
Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
matt1il
Quote:
A number of you who had booked tickets for one of the remaining matches in 2019/20 have already approached us with similar offers, and we are very grateful both for their understanding and the desire to come and support the team
next season.

That seems a little strange. I would have thought it would apply to home supporters, not those travelling from the NE!
I'd certainly check with the club on the email quoted to clarify, explaining your circumstances. Bear in mind, though, it may take a day or two to get a reply given the current level of staffing.
Best wishes for next season (whenever that might be).

Cheers Limbo, tbh I'm only traveling from Banbury with very neutral mates in Warwick, so not an issue to have a day out as a neutral, just would have been nice to have the pick of games. Hopefully there are games this side of Christmas!

Kimbo 25 April, 2020 20:20
As long as they're not W*sps supporters...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net