Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons - 8 Feb - Teams Up
Discussion started by FalconsRugby.org.uk , 07 February, 2020 12:15
Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons - 8 Feb - Teams Up
FalconsRugby.org.uk 07 February, 2020 12:15
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Hartpury RFC v Newcastle Falcons - 8 Feb - Teams Up
ed.up.north 07 February, 2020 12:40
Good squad and itís great to see we are settling into some pairings and combinations that really work. Fantastic to see Connon get another start although I would prefer to see him paired with Takulua.

We still seem to be fiddling with our front row on a weekly basis which I believe was one of the factors that really harmed us last season.

pityacker 07 February, 2020 12:48
Decent team nice to see Rodney Ah You back in the squad after injury I presume , he gives strength at scrum time and a great carrier our best prop for me when fit . I saw Luke Eves is at 12 for Hartpury I didnít realise he was only 30 as it seems quite a while since he played for us.

GeordieFalcon 07 February, 2020 13:07
We've had a lot of rotation and different sides every game this season.

I wonder what the average games played in the squad is...and who has played the most so far this season.

i dont think anyone has played every game...have they?

alas 07 February, 2020 13:25
Arscott and Wacokecoke probably played more than most, but not every game.

GeordieFalcon 07 February, 2020 13:30
yeah i would agree Alas...Wacokecoke does seem to have a played alot.

Radwan has played quite a few aswell...but everyone else seems to have just floated in and floated out...maybe playing half of our games so far.

Maybe im wrong and it just feels that way.

AFalcon24 07 February, 2020 13:46
Good solid squad there.

Barry555 07 February, 2020 15:38
Luke Eves only 30!? Jeeeeez thatís a shock haha

Agree RE Rodney Ah You ..... by far our best tighthead although Mike Daniels defo looked good previously.

Good to see Connon keep his spot. Well earned.

Very strong bench too

Marco19819 07 February, 2020 17:07
Loads of rotation, which is great. Apart from Arscott. This is slightly perplexing.

Barry555 07 February, 2020 17:15
Arscott has actually been quite consistent this season and played some good stuff. Not surprised heís played regularly.

ed.up.north 07 February, 2020 18:28
Quote:
Barry555
Arscott has actually been quite consistent this season and played some good stuff. Not surprised heís played regularly.

Defensively heís quite weak though. I donít understand why we donít play him on the wing for his pace, and Tait at the back for his better defence.

Barry555 07 February, 2020 18:41
Not many teams get past our frontline defence in this league. Apart from second half of the last home game!

Heís been excellent under the high ball which I think is the main reason heís in. Being lighter then Tait heís much better in the air. Bedford away in the monsoon he was awesome. Champ teams wonít want to play in their own half against us so most revert to a lot of kicking hence why Arscott is preferred over Taity. That and Arscotts defence isnít really needed when our frontline is dominant.

But I do think Taits all round game is better.

Falc Dancer 07 February, 2020 20:19
Although Logo can play both sides of the scrum, it looks like we may have issues at LH as we have two TH on the bench
I like the team but would prefer to see Takalua in at 9

alas 07 February, 2020 22:02
Ah You can play both sides.

NorfolkFalcon 08 February, 2020 07:26
Good to see some stability in the side. Fingers crossed we see a more consistent performance.

The Boyfriend 08 February, 2020 09:19
Even with a bit of rotation we're putting out decent squads overall. Radwan was wearing a boot for an injury on sponsor's night, so that might account for his absence? Shame there's no Gary Graham though. Glad to see Connon starting at 10.
Even our replacements list reads really strong, mostly.

Rafpilot2000 08 February, 2020 09:27
100 % winning streak , clear at the top of the table with the luxury of trialling combinations and identifying where we need strengthening .
Maybe there is a cunning plan after all. ;-)
And I have to be honest , if we steam rollered teams 50-0 each week it would quickly become boring . Looking forward to enjoying Hartpuryís hospitality again later and hope they give us a stern test (but still 5 points) as itís the only way we will improve!!;-)

Falc Dancer 08 February, 2020 12:04
Quote:
alas
Ah You can play both sides.

I have only seen him play TH and he played TH in last weeks A league type game

markismith50 08 February, 2020 12:31
Rodney can play both sides.

Falc Dancer 08 February, 2020 13:53
I stand corrected

Wensleydale Falcon 09 February, 2020 15:55
Sounds like we suffered a few injuries yesterday, in Deans post match report.
Hopefully, none too serious!

Rogerandout 09 February, 2020 20:32
Another 5 points and Connon getting some game time to allow the coaches to form an opinion for next year.
I am feeling more encouraged that we will start next year with greater clarity over what the younger players can bring and where we need to strengthen.
I feel that our younger players have been good and that gives me hope for the future that they will form the nucleus of the team.
Would love to see a team relatively successful and full of men of the north.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net