Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Next two matches

Saturday 29th February Jersey Reds v Newcastle Falcons 3pm League Championship

Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons v Bedford Blues 8pm League Championship

RESULT:Saturday 22nd February Newcastle Falcons 28 v 5 London Scottish Championship Cup 1/4 Final

Arscott
Discussion started by pityacker , 10 February, 2020 10:40
Arscott
pityacker 10 February, 2020 10:40
On the Offy has been given another 2 years.

Re: Arscott
GeordieFalcon 10 February, 2020 11:07
Interesting...but actually thats not a bad move. He wont be expensive...hes played well this season and offers flexibiity as he can play a few positions.

Good for the squad next year in the prem.

Exiled Falcon 10 February, 2020 11:11
He's done a pretty good job since he came. Think it's another positive bit of news to follow on from the last few weeks.

Falcona 10 February, 2020 11:14
Quote:
has been given another 2 years.

sounds like he has been sent down for another 2 years(Sm159) just my sense of humour this morningwinking smiley

Falc Dancer 10 February, 2020 11:46
Good player as a squad player, covers full back and wing, but I hope I we still bring in a top full back

GeordieFalcon 10 February, 2020 11:49
We have one in the squad already Falcd....and hes in the England Senior squad as an apprentice already....

Bedlington Lad 10 February, 2020 12:04
Good news, I think he's had a good year

steve1888 10 February, 2020 12:21
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
We have one in the squad already Falcd....and hes in the England Senior squad as an apprentice already....

Runour has it he could be away down south next season

GeordieFalcon 10 February, 2020 12:23
Really? Well i wouldnt be surprised to be honest...but it would be a major dissapointment.

Where is the destination rumoured to be?

Exiled Falcon 10 February, 2020 13:07
Noooooo!

Falc Dancer 10 February, 2020 15:51
Quote:
steve1888
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

Runour has it he could be away down south next season

Now that would be very annoying if true but then again I have heard a few rumours that have surprised me

NorfolkFalcon 10 February, 2020 21:28
What rumours have you heard?

markismith50 10 February, 2020 21:37
I realise I知 fighting a lost cause here, but please think carefully before posting unsubstantiated rumours.

These are real people with real families, and some people reading this stuff will take it at face value and assume it to be true.

I知 not trying to stifle healthy debate and chit chat, but you might not fully appreciate the effect that often incorrect rumours regarding contracts, transfers etc can have.

Just please take a moment to think before posting something on a public forum that may well not be true.

dick g 10 February, 2020 21:43
Quote:
markismith50
I realise I知 fighting a lost cause here, but please think carefully before posting unsubstantiated rumours.
These are real people with real families, and some people reading this stuff will take it at face value and assume it to be true.

I知 not trying to stifle healthy debate and chit chat, but you might not fully appreciate the effect that often incorrect rumours regarding contracts, transfers etc can have.

Just please take a moment to think before posting something on a public forum that may well not be true.

Well put Smithy. It's too easy to post something without thinking of the impact on those involved. It doesn't take long for a repeated rumour to become a "fact".

Bedlington Lad 11 February, 2020 09:31
Quote:
dick g
Quote:
markismith50

Well put Smithy. It's too easy to post something without thinking of the impact on those involved. It doesn't take long for a repeated rumour to become a "fact".
Quite agree

GeordieFalcon 11 February, 2020 09:57
You are right Mark, but I do think this is sometimes a result of the lack of communication that comes from Dean (certainly not yourself Mark)

So often we really dont know a huge amount of whats going on at KP regarding players, ie suddenly you just randomly notice players have been released weeks or even months ago...or loaned out and playing for Doncaster or someone else without any mention of it and we only notice by seeing the teams sheets.

So when we see rumours elsewhere, we tend to discus them on here....

ed.up.north 11 February, 2020 10:03
I think it's good news about Arscott. He has been playing well this season, he's resilient and a good attacking threat. I still think 15 isn't his strongest position but it's great for stability and the strength of our squad that he's re-signed.

Hadn't heard any rumours about Hodge and all I can say is that there seems to be a real sense of momentum and positive direction around the club at the moment. Hopefully that's how it feels in the changing room as well as out here amongst the fans.

markismith50 11 February, 2020 10:33
Hi GF,

Of course I take your point on board, but there's a big difference between saying:

1) Rob Farrar is playing for Doncaster on dual-reg (it's a demonstrable fact, he's named on their team sheet)

and saying...

2) My mate at the butchers said his uncle overheard the fishmonger saying that Joe Bloggs' brother said he's signing for Old Stinkonians next season.

GeordieFalcon 11 February, 2020 10:44
Well thats just plain wrong...because he wouldnt sign for Old Stinkonians anyway....

Seriously though...I do appreciate your point Mark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 10:44 by GeordieFalcon.

Exiled Falcon 11 February, 2020 10:53
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
You are right Mark, but I do think this is sometimes a result of the lack of communication that comes from Dean (certainly not yourself Mark)
So often we really dont know a huge amount of whats going on at KP regarding players, ie suddenly you just randomly notice players have been released weeks or even months ago...or loaned out and playing for Doncaster or someone else without any mention of it and we only notice by seeing the teams sheets.

So when we see rumours elsewhere, we tend to discus them on here....

Think one of the most striking examples of this was Davey Wilson who had retired to take up Physiotherapy (?). At the time I did think someone from these parts who represented England on numerous occasions and had a pretty successful career deserved at least a mention in dispatches. Unless of course he himself wanted to head off into the sunset with no announcement of course.

markismith50 11 February, 2020 11:01
Totally understand your point, EF.

I'd love to announce all departing players in a timely fashion, and I realise it does upset some people every year.

Exiled Falcon 11 February, 2020 11:17
No worries Smithy, and I do appreciate there's other rather more pressing issues to be looked after on a day to day basis!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net