Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

SEASON CANCELLED - DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

RESULT:Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons 41 v 0 Bedford Blues League Championship

Josh Hodge.
Discussion started by pityacker , 22 February, 2020 08:23
Josh Hodge.
pityacker 22 February, 2020 08:23
Reported in Rugby Pass that Exeter are interested in signing Josh , would imagine they are not the only ones it must be difficult for clubs like Falcons when top teams show interest in your young talent that a huge amount of time and effort has been put into and they leave without getting any benefit from all that time spent on them, equally young players get their heads turned when large successful clubs come along and in reality it's a short career which can be ended any time by injury , I just hope Josh stays as he is probably one of our most promising youngsters since a certain Jonny Wilkinson.

Re: Josh Hodge.
Falc Dancer 22 February, 2020 08:58
Hodge has shown that heís a special talent and I hope we get to see the best of him in a falcons shirt
If we donít though and he does move on, is anyone aware of the compensation rules in regards to academy players?
I have it in my head that itís £X per year that the player is an academy player. £10000 maybe

ed.up.north 22 February, 2020 09:20
He played the first U20 game against France and hasnít been seen since, including with the senior squad where he was listed as an apprentice player. I hope he is back on the field soon.

pityacker 22 February, 2020 09:28
I saw Josh at KP with a medical boot on but no idea how serious the injury is.

telfs123 22 February, 2020 10:08
Josh described his injury on Instagram as a ďsmall setbackĒ.
(Insert comment about clubís injury information policy here).

Club should be doing everything it can to keep him. Quite frankly he should have been our starting 15 this season (yes I know heís been injured for a bit of it, but I have zero faith Deano would play him!).

NorfolkFalcon 22 February, 2020 10:22
If we donít keep him Iíll be fuming. He has the potential to be a top class talent.

markismith50 22 February, 2020 10:41
"yes I know heís been injured for a bit of it"

He's been injured for basically 90% of the season, or away with England U20s.

matt1il 22 February, 2020 19:29
And that's the issue. We have no idea if players just aren't good enough or are injured.

markismith50 22 February, 2020 19:31
Josh has been injured most of the season, Matt, I am happy to clarify.

GeordieFalcon 22 February, 2020 21:50
Yeah i think we did know Josh has been injured most of the season.

I just hope that had he been available and not on England duty he would have been getting games.
Im not convinced though

Edit.
And my pal from near Exeter has just said..theres a few links about Hodge and them. Hope its tosh but wouldnt be surprised.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/02/2020 22:14 by GeordieFalcon.

Andy Mac 23 February, 2020 20:03
Gustard did a great little video which I saw on twitter where he spent a few minutes talking though his selections for the weeks game. He didn't give anything away re: injuries but I thought it was a great way of engaging with the fans and letting them see a bit about why certain selection decisions were made.

Maybe Deano would do the same (Sm22)

Barry555 23 February, 2020 22:41
I think with Arscott signed and Tait signed Hodge is probs on his way out. Shame heís a young lad with bags of talent but heís probs been tempted from bigger clubs. Perhaps one that may come back in a few years? If we keep hold of him then i think it would be the biggest resigning so far!

telfs123 24 February, 2020 06:31
Quote:
Barry555
I think with Arscott signed and Tait signed Hodge is probs on his way out. Shame heís a young lad with bags of talent but heís probs been tempted from bigger clubs. Perhaps one that may come back in a few years? If we keep hold of him then i think it would be the biggest resigning so far!

I donít see how Tait and Arscott re-signing says Hodge is on his way? A club needs more than 2 full backs!!!

Barry555 24 February, 2020 08:42
We also have Swiel on the books as well. If itís true about Exeter being interested when they come knocking not many players will say no. By all means I hope we keep him , lad is class!

Exiled Falcon 24 February, 2020 09:32
Not really wanting to comment as it's all pure speculation anyway, but if he goes to Ex as a full back he's not going to dislodge Hogg. Yes, great club and all that but hopefully if his head was slightly turned he'd realise there would be a good chance of joining Will Witty kicking his heels. There's a lot to say for staying with us and hopefully he'll see that. (If it's more than speculation)

Rogerandout 24 February, 2020 09:36
He has looked to be quick, elusive, brave and with a good boot. Not much to not like there but he has played one game for us and gets praise on here as though he had done the business for 3 seasons for us.
If he is away so be it, you canít miss what you never had.
Albeit rumours like this are not helpful so god knows why I am adding fuel to the fire.

Monkey1 24 February, 2020 12:52
Quote:
telfs123
A club needs more than 2 full backs!!!

Of course, if you are a club based in London, you need at least 2 full international full-backs.
(Sm100)

Apologies for reheating the scraps but I just couldn't resist.

AFalcon24 24 February, 2020 17:47
Would be very disappointed if he does go.

GeordieFalcon 24 February, 2020 22:04
Its probably nothing. Hes an extremely talented England u20...hes bound to get attention/rumours and speculation.

Heres hoping he makes up an insane back 3 with Radwan and Passman.

Exiled Falcon 24 February, 2020 22:18
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Heres hoping he makes up an insane back 3 with Radwan and Passman.

Wow!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net