Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

SEASON CANCELLED - DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

RESULT:Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons 41 v 0 Bedford Blues League Championship

Fans' forum - Monday March 9 at 7pm
Discussion started by markismith50 , 25 February, 2020 10:45
Fans' forum - Monday March 9 at 7pm
markismith50 25 February, 2020 10:45
Hi all, I just thought it worth mentioning we have a fans' forum on Monday March 9.

Many of you have questions you want to put to Dean, Semore and Mick, so get yourselves along. This is your chance.

Details are in the following link: [www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

And before anyone asks, yes, there'll be twitter updates on the night, and no, it won't be a verbatim transcript but will give a general thrust of the topics covered.

And no, we don't accept questions via email, social media or website. It's unvetted questions from the floor as always, in person.

Historically these events have been very well attended and received, and if you've never been before we would encourage you to do so.

Cheers
Smithy

Re: Fans' forum - Monday March 9 at 7pm
FalcDancer 25 February, 2020 10:53
Added to my diary
Thanks Smithy
These events are always good, insightful and worthwhile

Andy Mac 25 February, 2020 19:57
I’ve never managed to make it along to one of these before, and always regret not making the effort.

Monkey1 26 February, 2020 07:33
Do it this year Andy, it is one of the highlights of the season & gives you a very realistic view of where we stand as a club.

ed.up.north 26 February, 2020 17:12
Gutted that I can’t go due to work. I hope it’s a success.

Wensleydale Falcon 26 February, 2020 19:05
Me too Ed up north .....never usually miss these as they are always very informative with a good bit of humour thrown in.
Will have to follow on Twitter on this occasion.

aidanb 01 March, 2020 08:54
Well this is one not to miss after the shemozzle of plane gate and the reputation as damage to the club when it’s fans were left on the tarmac

Silence from the travel agent
Near silence from the club apart from “alternative arrangements” which are now rumoured to be the same travel as was booked.

There’s a lot to be done this week from the travel people and the a little bit from the club to get this sorted.

But as always there will be an explanation and a solution.

Falconsfan93 01 March, 2020 18:32
I’d really like to see the a proper “5 year” plan set out for when we go up as I believe the last one wasn’t really matched! Next year is all about survival then year on year better table position and better players.

Also want to hear where this mystery new stand is at in terms of is it actually happening or not ?

Do we have any players close to signing or signed ?

Why have our set pieces been so poor of late ?

markismith50 01 March, 2020 18:40
Hi FalconsFan, you’re more than welcome to come along and ask any question you like. These events are always generally informative and entertaining.

Monkey1 09 March, 2020 10:38
A reminder for people like me who need reminders.

steve1888 09 March, 2020 10:53
We were meant to being going but forgot about it when sorting plans with the kids D'oh 🙈

Hopefully some decent feedback comes out of it

Robs 09 March, 2020 21:44
I'd really appreciate a break down of what happens on this forum as I'm overseas and unable to attend.
Also I don't subscribe to Stalkerbook or Twatter

markismith50 09 March, 2020 21:49
You can view our twitter commentary without ‘joining twitter’.

It really is the best way. It’s all online, no sign-up required.

Robs 10 March, 2020 00:42
Thanks Mark

GeordieFalcon 10 March, 2020 11:31
Looking at the Twitter feed, there seems to have been a lot of good things coming from the guys.

Interesting they mentioned the desire for an academy produced side, with in turn means the foreigners brought in are not "journeymen"..but top class ones.

Thats what we all hope for.

Monkey1 10 March, 2020 12:52
Best comments of the night for me came from Semore. His vision for the club, and that means the whole club including the Academy, women's team, Thunder, all the community stuff, and everything else that binds it all together is outstanding. The first team doing well is just one part of a great big picture, and it is reassuring to hear his passion for this. Personally backing the finals at KP & SJP last year to ensure that they came to Newcastle, because this benefits our club & rugby in the whole region, speaks volumes of how he sees Newcastle Falcons as part of the region. I am much happier having Semore quietly building and strengthening our club in all these areas than having the big men & their egos who are often found at other clubs.

As for the local stuff, there is a very tangible movement to build a future around home-grown players, something I am sure we would all agree with.

All in all a very enjoyable evening as always. Thanks to all those who made it happen.

GeordieFalcon 10 March, 2020 13:48
I notice they got a fee for Tane aswell.

Siders 10 March, 2020 13:59
Quote:
Monkey1
Best comments of the night for me came from Semore. His vision for the club, and that means the whole club including the Academy, women's team, Thunder, all the community stuff, and everything else that binds it all together is outstanding. The first team doing well is just one part of a great big picture, and it is reassuring to hear his passion for this. Personally backing the finals at KP & SJP last year to ensure that they came to Newcastle, because this benefits our club & rugby in the whole region, speaks volumes of how he sees Newcastle Falcons as part of the region. I am much happier having Semore quietly building and strengthening our club in all these areas than having the big men & their egos who are often found at other clubs.
As for the local stuff, there is a very tangible movement to build a future around home-grown players, something I am sure we would all agree with.

All in all a very enjoyable evening as always. Thanks to all those who made it happen.

Sounds great and appreciate the twitter updates too. Was there any talk of incoming signings?

Monkey1 10 March, 2020 14:07
Quote:
Siders
Sounds great and appreciate the twitter updates too. Was there any talk of incoming signings?

Nothing specific but Dean did say we will need to boost the squad IF we get promoted, but on the whole we have a very strong squad which we intend to keep intact.

GeordieFalcon 10 March, 2020 14:17
I believe we do have a good squad thats why i get frustrated at times with our actual performacnes.

However ive been restrained recently and accepted points matter over anything.

We have some crackin academy lads coming through (some should have received more gametime this season) but we will need to sign some genuine quality - be it big names or bargain gems (Sinoti etc)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 14:48 by GeordieFalcon.

Siders 10 March, 2020 14:33
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
I believe we do have a good squad thats why i get frustrated at times with our actual performacnes.
However ive been restrained recently and accepted points matter over anything.

We have some crackin academy lads coming through (some should have received more gametime this season) but we will need to sign some genuine quality - be it a big name or bargain gem (Sinoti etc)

Yes, agreed. I think we need to have a blend. I am a bit concerned by the lack of rumours, but I guess we'll just have to trust things are happening behind the scenes. The club are getting a lot of things right at the moment.

markismith50 10 March, 2020 14:59
I wouldn't be concerned by a lack of rumours, many of them are fictional anyway.

Recruitment is ongoing - some new players have already signed but not yet been announced, and others are in progress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 15:00 by markismith50.

Siders 10 March, 2020 15:05
Quote:
markismith50
I wouldn't be concerned by a lack of rumours, many of them are fictional anyway.
Recruitment is ongoing - some new players have already signed but not yet been announced, and others are in progress.
Thanks Mark, helpful to know.
I know supporters often get hung up on transfers. And its probably hugely over the top and quite impatient of us. We're just keen to see the team as strong as it can be whilst reflecting the ethos of the club, which i think is its best trait.

markismith50 10 March, 2020 15:20
No worries, Siders. It's only natural for people to be interested in transfers, and I'd be exactly the same in their position.

All I'm trying to stress is that a lack of presence on the transfer gossip pages shouldn't be taken as a lack of activity from the recruitment team, who are quietly going about their business.

GeordieFalcon 10 March, 2020 16:19
When you have the likes of De Walt signed up...that will be quite a pulling factor aswell. he looks an absolute gem...and will be a key player for us next season back in the prem.

Add Mark W back in, see how big Peterson progresses at lock etc... and we should have some big powerful guys in that pack.

Could be interesting to see who comes in.

GeordieFalcon 10 March, 2020 16:20
Mark,
Is there any timeframe for announcements or is it dependant on our promotion being confirmed and the relevant players clubs situation?

markismith50 10 March, 2020 16:59
Hi GF, we’ll announce in due course.

dick g 10 March, 2020 19:02
At Monday's forum, we were told that Mark had been at KP that day. He clearly still regards himself as a Falcon. Which, if vourse, he is.

markismith50 10 March, 2020 19:20
Indeed, Mark was on a day off from England and Sale, and came in to see us. Very welcome he was, too.

Leipziger 10 March, 2020 20:07
Thanks for the commentary on Twitter Smithy, interesting to read through it and see what was said.

markismith50 10 March, 2020 20:21
No worries, Leipy. Glad it was helpful for people.

Andy Mac 11 March, 2020 13:42
It’s the same every year. Some fans are desperate to know who we’ve signed, some aren’t as interested. The club usually announce fairly late, for reasons best known to themselves, and as frustrating as I find it I don’t think it’s going to change any time soon.

P.S. Please announce some signings! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net