Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

SEASON CANCELLED - DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

RESULT:Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons 41 v 0 Bedford Blues League Championship

Next Seasons Kit suggestion?
Discussion started by Rafpilot2000 , 23 March, 2020 16:22
Next Seasons Kit suggestion?
Rafpilot2000 23 March, 2020 16:22
With all the heated debates over Ealing and the desperate measures being taken to halt cv-19, I thought maybe we could turn our attention towards next season and the premiership apparel out team will be sporting.
We know itís going to be Macron making it, a nice premiership badge on the sleeve but anyone have some suggested colours for our home and away/European kits?

Re: Next Seasons Kit suggestion?
steve1888 23 March, 2020 20:41
Doddies Tartan away kit would sell out numerous times over

Exiled Falcon 23 March, 2020 21:44
We seem to be putting out new kits every season, I remember Man U got an absolute slating for this in the past. (Or does time just fly in between them?)

Rafpilot2000 23 March, 2020 22:15
I think a new kit each season is pretty standard for teams and an important income stream.
At least we do t have the three kits like many clubs

steve1888 24 March, 2020 15:06
Used to alternate years ago but every sporting side does it now.

Rafpilot2000 24 March, 2020 16:45
Bath have kept a very similar kit for two years now with only a minor sponsor change.
It might be nice to get a decent simple design but good quality and keep it for two years but bring out the big one shirts and maybe appease the green and white hoops lovers with an away kit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/03/2020 11:17 by Rafpilot2000.

GeordieFalcon 24 March, 2020 18:43
Why not go back to something like the old nike one with the white streaks on the shoulders etc. That was a nice strip

Whilst I loved the black and white stripes for the big one (and would loved to have got the shirt), that is more associated with the football, so not sure id want that for our league games.

I do like the green and white hoops idea for the away/ swap shirt. Maybe green and white tartan to appease everyone grinning smiley

Rafpilot2000 24 March, 2020 20:47
My favourite shirt is still the nike players style one. I think the club ran some adverts with the football team, a basket ball player and Johnny Wilkinson all in their respective kits when John hall was at the helm. The supporters versions were a bit football shirt like but the players one looked amazing. Given the heavyweight quality of macron Iím sure they could do similar .
I loved the black and white stripes for the big one and wish I had kept that shirt. I think when the games are played at St James it would be great to maybe keep a variation on that theme.
Some clubs have done some nice St Georgeís day kits with an england flag being incorporated. Also some nice Remembrance Day kits.
Green hoops are old school which is pretty cool

Davidten31 25 March, 2020 07:04
I love the hooped kits we have had like last seasons home shirt, and as much as i liked the green and white hoops, ive really started to like our blue and white hooped kit which i hope they keep, but i would prefer it in the supporters shirt material rather that the heavy cotton, they have been a nightmare this season for shrinking, or is it im getting bigger ???????

dick g 25 March, 2020 08:45
All in back, all in black..........

If you know the rest of the words you are as old as me. But black shirts are best.

dick g 25 March, 2020 08:48
All in back, all in black..........

If you know the rest of the words you are as old as me. But black shirts are best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net