Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

SEASON CANCELLED - DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

RESULT:Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons 41 v 0 Bedford Blues League Championship

Lockdown - well that's it now
Discussion started by Falcona , 23 March, 2020 20:42
Lockdown - well that's it now
Falcona 23 March, 2020 20:42
going to be very hard

Re: Lockdown - well that's it now
Monkey1 24 March, 2020 13:16
I just went into Morpeth to get fresh stuff for the next week and close down work securely for 3 weeks. I thought Morrisons would be heaving but actually very quiet, and I got everything off my list except our favourite coffee, which I am sure is a hardship that we can get through. I expected it to be packed with the people who have already hoarded all the food, trying to hoard even more, but actually people just being sensible - in & out getting what they need.

Outdoors is another matter however. I have never seen so many people out walking, jogging, hundreds of people walking dogs. The roads out into the sticks are full of lycra-clad cyclists. On the high street, loads of old people (Morpeth is now basically a retirement home) milling about, staring into the empty shops. They just don't get it, so assuming everywhere else is the same, expect Boris to get angry & order people to stay indoors or be fined/shot.

It will get worse.

Leipziger 24 March, 2020 13:36
That's good Monkey, well the supermarket bit anyway, I'd have thought they'd be heaving today too. I had a run first thing before other people went out, feels strange that I'm now not allowed to go past our garden gate for the rest of the day but needs must.

Stay safe everyone :-)

steve1888 24 March, 2020 15:34
I'm still at work on the crazy situation of nobody knows what is going on in the construction world - been a tricky old day.

been to a couple of local shops but saved others going too and they were quiet and well marked for spacings etc and got my clip on hand gel.

Wife is still at work too in call centre , her temp was 35.4 so allowed in.

Strange old day , hope there's wine in the fridge to have with the cakes someone has kindly given me!

eebagum 24 March, 2020 16:24
Go steady with the cakes Steve, You re looking in good shape !Wine is ok tho🍷-presumably white/pink if it’s out of the fridge

Rafpilot2000 24 March, 2020 16:43
Currently living the dream of me being a pilot , and my good lady being a nurse. Busy times!!
Hoping the shop situation eases. It’s frustrating seeing people ignoring the new measure but it is heartening to see some parents out spending quality time with their kids responsibly and at a distance

Exiled Falcon 24 March, 2020 18:42
Was in Tesco Kingston Park last week to make sure Mum Falcon was well stocked. I know it was before the lockdown but everyone displayed an ‘in it together’ appearance, no jostling, lots of smiles and politeness. It was almost fun. Told today I could be redeployed anywhere in the NHS which is quite sensible bearing in mind at the moment doing budgets seems pretty meaningless and I could be doing something useful. (Some would say why break the habit of a 30 year career!)

Anyway, stay safe everyone and imagine the party we’re going to have at our next home game when this nightmare is over.

Monkey1 24 March, 2020 19:14
Edited to stop Ninja starting his usual rubbish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/03/2020 19:28 by Monkey1.

Davidten31 25 March, 2020 07:16
Yeah definately worrying times, both my wife and I are classed as key workers so are continuing to work. Im a Prison officer so we are going through a very difficult period in our prisons and if im honest just waiting to contract the virus and have massive concerns about bringing it home to my family. We have next to no PPE or hand gel etc.
Anyway im sure we will get through this, looking forward to next season and to meet up with my falcon family to have a pint. Stay Safe everyone

steve1888 25 March, 2020 09:31
My pal is in the same boat working in a prison , it sounds horrific , stay safe mate.

Leipziger 25 March, 2020 10:07
Thank you for the valuable work you do Davidten31, hope you stay safe.

trummy200 25 March, 2020 10:40
Pretty sure that the wife and I have had it. If it was that then it wasn't too bad - the worse aspect of it was the worry that it could' turn bad' We went into immediate lock down. The lads GF has it - NHS worker on a ward that had a spate of cases.- Her symptoms have been a lot worse than ours were.
Troubling times. Stay healthy everyone!

dksniper 25 March, 2020 12:02
I work in a GP surgery. Difficult times for all. Be safe everyone.

Monkey1 25 March, 2020 14:02
Our local surgery is in Scots Gap, nice & remote, quite safe you would think. Somebody there has all the symptoms, so that is them locked in a situation of weirdness. Just as well the weather is nice, surgeries have to be conducted through an open window if anybody does have to go there.

aidanb 25 March, 2020 14:03
Quote:
Monkey1
Our local surgery is in Scots Gap, nice & remote, quite safe you would think. Somebody there has all the symptoms, so that is them locked in a situation of weirdness. Just as well the weather is nice, surgeries have to be conducted through an open window if anybody does have to go there.

That doesn’t follow official guidance we have received.

stuart66 25 March, 2020 15:43
you are lucky with open window surgeries our gps have locked the doors and hideing on the top floor can only do consultations on the phone

Monkey1 25 March, 2020 15:49
I have been unable to buy chopped garlic, and consequently have just had to peel and chop garlic myself. How quickly we have been made to live like savages.

aidanb 25 March, 2020 19:45
Quote:
stuart66
you are lucky with open window surgeries our gps have locked the doors and hideing on the top floor can only do consultations on the phone

They are protecting the population from this virus.

They are also caring for the population as best they can.

To suggest the nhs staff are hiding from their responsibilities is a little

I will leave it there

stuart66 25 March, 2020 20:38
aidnab I do not value what you think. our gp has let everybody down just ask our chemist who have been droped in it by them.

Monkey1 25 March, 2020 21:18
Quote:
stuart66
aidnab I do not value what you think. our gp has let everybody down just ask our chemist who have been droped in it by them.

Considering that the GPs are trying to keep working in extremely challenging, and for them probably disturbing and upsetting circumstances, while the public insist on still having some sort of divine right to see them personally, I think that is one of the most disgusting comments ever to be posted on any of the message boards. Taking into account your other recent post on a different thread, I can only assume that you are either severely disturbed or very drunk. Please think carefully before posting any more similarly idiotic posts on here. These are difficult times, bear that in mind before you start insulting others.

Exiled Falcon 25 March, 2020 22:13
The problem is you have morons going to surgeries knowing full well they have full symptoms and in doing so put everyone at risk they come across rather than just stay at home and see it out. There’s a lot of heroics going on out there but by ‘eck we don’t half have some idiots in our midst where you can do nothing but despair.

aidanb 26 March, 2020 06:45
Mick Hogan has had it.

This isn’t a bad cold which most people confuse with a flu.

This can kill people.

In my 26 years working as a practice manager we have never ever seen anything like this.

The pressure your GP practice is under is immense but the pressure the hospitals are under is far worse as they are the ones who will treat the patients.

The Boyfriend 26 March, 2020 08:39
Meanwhile, sincere thanks to our Smithy for running a bit of fun on Twitter last night in the shape of a Falcons pub quiz, while (I suspect) digging into his own family time for an evening.

From our two quizzes, we now know that Deano doesn't actually like being called Deano (his nickname is actually 'Reg'!?) and he orders minted pea and bean medley for lunch from Tesco!!
(There was some stuff about rugby, too.)

Stay safe, everyone.

MB

Robs 26 March, 2020 14:56
Quote:
Monkey1

Do you mean someone at the surgery has all the symptoms
Or someone living in Scotsgap

Monkey1 26 March, 2020 15:26
As I understand it, somebody with all the symptoms is based in the surgery. They were dispensing prescriptions through the window on Monday afternoon, I assume that will have changed by now.

stuart66 26 March, 2020 15:52
we cannot even get repeat perscriptions sent to the chemist that's what is upsetting people about our gp practise and considering the rubbish you put on here and name calling monkey you should consider what you put on here

Falcona 26 March, 2020 16:26
Hi  Stuart 66 and everyone really!

I realise you must be distraught  at not being able to get your repeat prescriptions and I really sympathise with you.

But I would really be very grateful if everyone could just take in a deep breath on here and not  have a go at one another.

I prefer the message board to be self policing and you all look after one another, but I think we are veering towards falling out on this.

Politics / Religion / Brexit and now Coronavirus all are danger areas that seem to cause fallouts.

So please everyone let's TRY and be understanding of each other.

Cheers Kathleen(Sm42)

Andy Mac 26 March, 2020 17:09
So I Cant blame right wing Tory voting brexiteers for coronavirus?

;-)

Monkey1 26 March, 2020 17:32
And I can't blame bolshie commie Corbyn loving remoaners for coronavirus!

Really, this is too much.

Northumbrian 26 March, 2020 17:52
I'm following the guidance of one form of exercise outside per day. Now I don't think I'm causing any bother in cycling on very quiet roads next to where I live.

Falcona 26 March, 2020 18:47
🎶 Hands
Washing hands
Reaching out
Don’t touch me
I won’t touch you 🎶

Sang to Neil Diamond’s ‘Sweet Caroline’

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net