Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

SEASON CANCELLED - DUE TO CORONAVIRUS

RESULT:Friday 13th March Newcastle Falcons 41 v 0 Bedford Blues League Championship

Quiz: Falcons in the 2nd division
Discussion started by Leipziger , 26 March, 2020 20:32
Quiz: Falcons in the 2nd division
Leipziger 26 March, 2020 20:32
While the Championship season over and most of us mainly confined to our houses, I thought I'd show off my memory of some obscure facts from previous times the Falcons have been in the 2nd tier (Basically, 1996-97 and 2012-13). No prizes of course but may pass some lockdown time.

1) In September 1996, we beat Waterloo at KP in the first league match under the Falcons name. Which future World Cup winner played in that match?
2) In May 2013, on the same night Leinster A were beating the Falcons at KP to win the British & Irish Cup, Leinster’s first team became the first and so far only club to do what?
3) The video of our defeat at Coventry in 1996/97 has been doing the rounds on the internet recently. Who were the only other team to beat us in the league that season?
4) Against which then-Division 1 team did Alan Tait make his competitive Falcons debut, in a cup match at KP in 1996/97?
5) Who were the first team to deny the Falcons a try bonus point in the league, in our 2012/13 Championship season?
6) Which player made his Falcons debut away to Cross Keys in the British & Irish Cup in February 2013? (I mainly remember this because I chatted with said-player's father in the clubhouse before the game)
7) Comments about which Championship club’s stadium led to Smithy being given the nickname Ramshackle Smith?
8) Of which prop, signed before our 2012/13 Championship campaign, did Dean Richards allegedly say: “I’ll turn him into an England player”.

Not one anyone would know if I didn't put a big clue in there:
9) After the last home game of the 1996/97 season against Rotherham, the Falcons players threw various bits of kit out of the changing rooms to supporters. Which local-born propping legend’s sock do I still have from that game? (Yes it did go straight into the wash!)

Big kudos if you get this:
10) In May 1996, which team beat us in the semi-finals of a 7s tournament at KP, but were quickly disqualified and staged a sit-down protest in the middle of the pitch?

Re: Quiz: Falcons in the 2nd division
Kimbo 27 March, 2020 17:31
Not being a Falcons follower, but, without giving answers I only know no. 1 and no. 3. (Your only draw was with eventual champs Richmond though, as was Cov's)
Don't want to spoil anything though... winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net