Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Starting to go a bit nuts?
Discussion started by Monkey1 , 28 March, 2020 11:28
Starting to go a bit nuts?
Monkey1 28 March, 2020 11:28
How are people coping with this staying in malarkey?

I am maybe not doing as well as I thought. I am available for anything work related between 10 - 11am, and this was the first day I didn't get sent a single email, call, text, absolutely nothing.

Her Ladyship just pointed out that today is Saturday.

I genuinely didn't even know what day it is.

And this is week one.

On a serious note, we are told to get exercise, keep fit & all that. No problem at all for us thankfully, lots to do here, probably getting more exercise than normal. Mental health is just as important however, and especially for those on their own this could be a bit of a concern.

Re: Starting to go a bit nuts?
limpopo 28 March, 2020 13:01
Well Monkey it is proving to be a bit of a challenge, I am in solitary confinement with a serious underlying problem, also sadly on my own since my wife died 18 months ago. Family ring daily even from Australia, but my neighbours have been very helpful getting milk and my medication, plus I have decided to brush up on my elementary Spanish which I hope will come in useful after the lockdown, Keep smiling and stay safe

telfs123 28 March, 2020 13:50
Thankfully getting more social contact than most as I can go into work.

Unfortunately that work is as an A&E doctor so things are a tad stressful right now!!

Hang in there everyone. The more we stick it out and stay home, the closer we get to Mark Wilson in a Falcons jersey next season.

trummy200 28 March, 2020 16:28
A bloody big garden helps! Curse it as I have there is always something to do. Saturday is rugby day usually -missing that, (was looking forward to a trip to Cov today) and not being able to use the 'van' - should have been heading 'up North' next week but SORNed it yesterday.
Just had a pint but it is not the same as getting on the bike and stopping for a couple.
If I was on my own I would struggle - hang on in there Limpopo

Exiled Falcon 28 March, 2020 18:45
Itís funny Trummy, for the first time I got my son insured on my campervan this year, who knows when heís going to finally get away. Same with us and all the other boys and girls in the campervan fraternity.

Got a telling text from daughter Falcon this morning where she reminded me only a month ago we were in Jersey to watch the Falcons, what a lot can happen in the space of a month eh?

Unfortunately my mum is still in Newcastle on her own while weíre here in Glasgow, not good.

Not to sound miserable or anything but take care of yourselves and if you have an elderly neighbour please look out for them, you leaving a note for them or shouting over the garden fence could make a huge difference.

Oh and if there is anyone on here who is on the front line, be it medical, delivery, working in a supermarket, law enforcement, etc etc, I owe you a pint.

Rafpilot2000 28 March, 2020 20:27
Spent most of this week chasing Russian bombers around the top of Scotland while my good lady nurses covid patients. Itís very surreal driving to work with the roads empty and not seeing any aircraft contrails in the sky. Itís also very interesting who has managed to argue the case for their children to get key worker stays at our local school!!!

Definately a tough time for those with older family who they are unable to see.
The absence of any sport to watch to pass the time is very evident .
Hope everyone up there in geordie land is doing ok. Looking forward to having a pint with you all in the stands in September when we are back in the Premiership !!

Monkey1 28 March, 2020 21:42
If that was you skipping low over the hills by Kirkwhelpington trying to hide from the guys at RAF Spadeadam a couple of weeks ago Pilot, next time you fly that low over our house could you check the guttering please.

Thank you.

dick g 29 March, 2020 08:43
I am re-discovering my cooking skills. Did a neat butternut squash risotto last night. Happily, we are on the edge of Weetslade Nature Park in Wideopen which is a good walking and biking venue. Stood on doorstep clapping on Thursday night. Others on the estate were doing same. It was incredibly moving. Felt something stir in my eyes. Hope it becomes a weekly event. "We are in this together" has become more than a cliche.

Falcona 29 March, 2020 11:40
Dickg. You made my eyes water with your memories and it reminded me of my Grandad who served in both wars. He was quite small for the army and In the first world war he was put out of the trenches first (along with others) as a runner to draw the fire. How terrifying that must have been day after day. I know all of this from my mam 91 who I can't get to see at the moment.

Wish this was all over but I will raise a glass tonight and think of everyone past and present. x

Have put this on the wrong thread but it does not matter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/03/2020 11:43 by Falcona.

limpopo 29 March, 2020 12:29
Quote:
trummy200
A bloody big garden helps! Curse it as I have there is always something to do. Saturday is rugby day usually -missing that, (was looking forward to a trip to Cov today) and not being able to use the 'van' - should have been heading 'up North' next week but SORNed it yesterday.
Just had a pint but it is not the same as getting on the bike and stopping for a couple.
If I was on my own I would struggle - hang on in there Limpopo

Thanks trummy I am determined to hang on and the first pint will NOT touch the sides

dick g 29 March, 2020 13:45
Quote:
Falcona
Dickg. You made my eyes water with your memories and it reminded me of my Grandad who served in both wars. He was quite small for the army and In the first world war he was put out of the trenches first (along with others) as a runner to draw the fire. How terrifying that must have been day after day. I know all of this from my mam 91 who I can't get to see at the moment.
Wish this was all over but I will raise a glass tonight and think of everyone past and present. x

Have put this on the wrong thread but it does not matter

Indeed it doesn't. Will join you in a toast tonight. Shall we do it at 20.00 so we can be together?

Monkey1 29 March, 2020 14:23
I grew up with stories about the family, including those who served in the wars. One didn't make it back from WW1 and I remember being told that his name is recorded on the Menin Gate in Ypres. I had the opportunity to visit, so thought I would have a look, but the sheer number of names is mind blowing. I had forgotten his regiment, his rank, couldn't work out how the names were laid out anyway and realised that it was an utterly hopeless task. I looked straight across the road, just blankly at the wall opposite, and there he was.

Weird.

Falcona 29 March, 2020 15:22
Quote:
Indeed it doesn't. Will join you in a toast tonight. Shall we do it at 20.00 so we can be together?

Hi Dick

Yes I would love to Join you at 8pm, I will have a nice rich Merlot in hand to toast you and everyone.

and Monkey what you describe is a form of kismet and no doubt your ancestor just knowing you were there.

Falconski 30 March, 2020 11:40
Me and the family have had to go into lock down for 14 days as Mrs Falconski's mam has being confirmed as having it. Its a hard worrying time, none of us luckily have any symptoms so far but i am worried about my mum in law.

Stay safe and well everyone. I have to say i am so proud of the people in our village (bedburn/hamsterley) we have a comnunity group/helping the elderly/getting prescriptions and food for people/and the local pub has turned into a kinda of shop. But the idiot factor still walks this earth on my drive into work last week Durham is full of idiots still loitering about in groups. Some people are idiots and need big style to get a grip.

Netflix recommendation Freud and the tv series Ragnarok. Sky has a show called The Good Doctor which is worth a look too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2020 11:42 by Falconski.

Monkey1 30 March, 2020 12:42
I just had to go rummaging around to find an old pair of jeans for some heavy duty gardening. Came across my away games kilt which was a bit of a sad experience.

limpopo 30 March, 2020 14:51
Quote:
Monkey1
I just had to go rummaging around to find an old pair of jeans for some heavy duty gardening. Came across my away games kilt which was a bit of a sad experience.

Not being able to fit into them you meanconfused smiley

Monkey1 30 March, 2020 17:37
If you politely ignore the amount of wine we have been getting through, our diet has been a bit healthier of late I would say, and I have been getting plenty of exercise, so hopefully I won't have a problem fitting into clothes. That could all change however as Cabin Fever sets in!

Now off to cook a healthy & low-cal beef stroganoff.

I came scarily close to a hospital visit today, so be careful out there if you are getting stuck in to some proper gardening. I have done a lot of heavy duty gardening in my time, currently digging out the remains of a collapsed dry stone wall that was just an ugly weed covered mound down one side of the garden. Quite a big job, compacted stone & soil, several tons of the stuff along a length of about 20 metres or more. Some big stones to heave out, then working my way along rebuilding into something tidy, only about 5m left to do.

In all my years of projects like this, I have never once cut myself on buried glass, but it happened today. Very messy, a serious amount of blood dripping out at an alarming rate, but thankfully I managed to clean it up & stop the bleeding. I will use gloves for the rest of it, wouldn't be very popular turning up at a hospital right now.

Go carefully out there folks.

Falcona 30 March, 2020 18:01
Hope you have had a Tetanus jab Monkey1

Monkey1 30 March, 2020 19:08
In theory my childhood vaccination will have done the job, and it was bleeding very freely so that & a good clean should have prevented the bacterium that causes it from entering the bloodstream. Also, it was in soil that has not been disturbed for a very long time, so taking all that into account, probably be told by a doctor that it isn't necessary. Been down this road before, but thanks for thinking of it Falcona.

Osric 30 March, 2020 19:12

Andy Mac 30 March, 2020 20:51
Exiled Falcon - where about in town is your mum? If itís near me Iím happy to drop anything off for her that she may need. Iím Gosforth way, not far from the racecourse.

Weíve got a great little WhatsApp group going for the cul de sac I live in, itís one of the plus sides to this thing that people are generally getting on well with each other and looking out for one another.

corporalcarrot 02 April, 2020 09:30
The Corona'd Man

I'd packed my bags each time pre-flight
Zero hour 7 AM
And I'd been high over the Isle of Wight by ten
I miss the game so much I miss the craic
It's lonely out in St Ouens
On such a timeless life
And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch downs brings me round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I've been Corona'd man
Corona'd man burning out his fuse in St Ouen alone

St Ouen is a great place to raise your kids
But the wind blows cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise spuds if you're dead
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job seven days a week
I've been Corona'd man, Corona'd man
Oh no no no I''ve been Corona'd man

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net