Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Newcastle Falcons Women
Discussion started by Davidten31 , 06 April, 2020 20:42
Newcastle Falcons Women
Davidten31 06 April, 2020 20:42
So it looks like Falcons Women haven't been accepted into the tyrrells Premier 15s. Just been reading the post on the DMP Durham Sharks page. Gutted for the club,,Bobby Vickers & womens game here in the north east.

Re: Newcastle Falcons Women
The Boyfriend 07 April, 2020 09:40
From a position of complete ignorance on the subject, was it actually a prospect? Haven't they only played a couple of games so far? Maybe it's a bit early days..?

alas 07 April, 2020 10:35
Very unlikely once DMP's position was confirmed.

Davidten31 07 April, 2020 21:12
I believe that the falcons were submitting a bid to be included into the league, but nothing has been announced by the club. Shame would have been good to have had a women's team at KP.

Monkey1 08 April, 2020 11:53
The club isn't able to announce much at the moment. All staff are sensibly on furlough to help weather this storm, and Mick has been put in a sealed room for two weeks. Semore will be bitterly disappointed with this news. He worked hard to try to make this happen. I had a good chat with him about it, and his enthusiasm was quite something. It made perfect sense, fitting in nicely with the facilities we have for Falcons & Thunder, and would have been very positive for the women's game.

Rafpilot2000 08 April, 2020 13:04
Very disappointing for the falcons ladies. Would have been great to lead from the front as a club with a woman’s team . Not entirely sure I agree with the rfu’s selections but they have obviously considered a lot of factors.

stuart66 08 April, 2020 14:32
falcons have 3 years too build a womans team for the next cycle . it would be nice to have a womans team but can not fault the decision when you consider thework the teams that are in the league have put into the womans game

ed.up.north 09 April, 2020 11:00
It's sad news, especially as I see they have also canned the development league which I guess would have given Falcons Women a chance to still play competitively against other elite teams. The press release just says "options are being considered" for how to continue these matches.

Having said that, it is good news for DMP who are a top club and it's good that they will be getting some exposure at the top level of English rugby. The only concern for Newcastle is that our fledgling team gets raided by DMP, making it even harder to have a crack at this when the next gateway comes round.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net