Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Jack Spittle wins Championship Try Of The Season
Discussion started by Falcona , 07 April, 2020 13:06
Jack Spittle wins Championship Try Of The Season
Falcona 07 April, 2020 13:06
Jack Spittle has won the Greene King IPA Championship’s try of the season.

His effort against Yorkshire Carnegie on 31st January in the 59th minute put the Green and Whites 43-3 in front, a game in which Spittle went on to score five tries that game.

The expression “length of the pitch try” was never more true than for Jack’s 4th of the game. A penalty kick to the corner by Carnegie was tapped back into our in goal area by fellow winger Ben Foley & then passed to Jack who didn’t stop until he had touched down at the other end.

During the club’s proud 143-year existence, Jack became only the twelfth player, and third away from home, during that time to score five or more tries in a first-team match, and the first for nearly 32 years.

The 24-year-old is a product of the successful Nottingham Trent University programme, which is ran closely with Nottingham Rugby. Current Head Coach Neil Fowkes brought him to train with the first-team and he signed his first professional contract in 2016.

Since joining Nottingham’s first-team, Spittle has made 36 appearances, scoring 18 tries – ten of those have come in just 14 appearances this season!

The Championship split the voting in to four pools and the Nottingham winger fought off tough competition from Pirates, Bedford, Falcons, Jersey and Hartpury to reach the final.

Spittle overcame Ryan Hutler (Bedford Blues), Jack Stapley (Jersey Reds) and Nicolas De Battista (Cornish Pirates) in the final voting.

Re: Jack Spittle wins Championship Try Of The Season
Falcona 07 April, 2020 13:06
Maybe they forgot about our Radwan ???

markismith50 07 April, 2020 13:30
Radders’ best try (v Jersey) didn’t even get shortlisted for Try of the Week!

Falcona 07 April, 2020 13:39
Mark - a saying comes to mind "infamy, infamy - they've all got it in for me!"" who cares they are just jealoussmoking smiley

FalcDancer 07 April, 2020 13:45
Ridiculous

RiponFalcon 07 April, 2020 15:08
Just watched the winning try and it’s decent.
I can only assume there is a separate Radwan try of the season as not sure it would make the top 3 of a Radwan competition

Robs 07 April, 2020 16:33
Haven’t seen the Spittle try but isn’t it easier to score a try against the runaway losers of the competition?( aren’t they largely made up of amateurs?)

Wensleydale Falcon 07 April, 2020 19:00
Agreed Robs. I was at that Carnegie v Nottingham game and whilst it was a pretty good try, Carnegie were an absolute shambles, and pretty much a team made up of kids.

You would have thought that things like that are taken into consideration (my 14 year old daughter actually commented at the game that our local Yorkshire 2 team would have beaten Carnegie they were so poor) and i would have had to agree with her.

For another thread i guess, but i really would like to see Leeds sort themselves out.....Yorkshire has so much talent and needs a team performing at the highest level.

leemingtyke 11 April, 2020 13:38
It's difficult to comment on because I think some of the young lads who were there all season showed a fantastic attitude in really difficult circumstances. If their heads went down towards the end of a particular game, they were always back at it for the next one, despite the outcome being inevitable. So I can't bring myself to be too critical of them.

That said, Wensleydale is absolutely correct, a try against us doesn't carry the same kudos as a try against someone else because the simple fact is that we weren't very good. I've seen a fair few clubs showing video clips of their 'fantastic' tries against us and I just think - 'Really?'

Rafpilot2000 11 April, 2020 14:16
Adam was by far the best in his position in the championship this season and his tries exceptional. That said, given that we steamrollered most of the teams we played due to our obvious advantages it’s only right and fair that they spread the love and give players from other teams a chance to pick up some plaudits . Congrats to the lad and hope he enjoys the moment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net