Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Juan Pablo Socino
Discussion started by pityacker , 21 May, 2020 12:17
Juan Pablo Socino
pityacker 21 May, 2020 12:17
Reported by the Rugby Paper that Saracens are looking at recruiting Socino for their stint int the championship he is presently playing in Spain.

Re: Juan Pablo Socino
GeordieFalcon 21 May, 2020 12:35
Should never have let him go / or released him which it was.

Best centre we've had in donkeys.

ed.up.north 21 May, 2020 12:59
Sounds like idle speculation to me. They already have Manu Vunipola who is a very gifted young 10 and more than adequate backup for Farrell.

GeordieFalcon 21 May, 2020 13:05
JP's a centre though Ed.

alas 21 May, 2020 13:47
The Falcons got very good service from Socino, but he was not a success for Edinburgh and is probably past his best. The Falcons have already got too many backs the wrong side of 30.

pityacker 21 May, 2020 14:27
GeordieFalcon]JP's a centre though Ed.[

JP came from the championship where he was playing 10 scoring loads of points with the boot and started at KP as a 10 but was much more successful when moved to 12 , he never had the same results with the boot as he had in the championship.

maire88 21 May, 2020 14:32
Quote:
pityacker
GeordieFalcon]JP's a centre though Ed.[
JP came from the championship where he was playing 10 scoring loads of points with the boot and started at KP as a 10 but was much more successful when moved to 12 , he never had the same results with the boot as he had in the championship.

If I remember rightly he played at both 10 and 12 for Nottingham.

GeordieFalcon 21 May, 2020 14:56
he did play 10 quite alot before his move to us...but he was moved across to 12 and was in my most effective in that role.

FalcDancer 21 May, 2020 15:16
A top player for us & I was disappointed to lose him
But in the clubs defence we replaced him with Jonny Williams who was also EQP

It’s a good move for him if it happens

GeordieFalcon 21 May, 2020 15:22
Quote:
FalcDancer
A top player for us & I was disappointed to lose him
But in the clubs defence we replaced him with Jonny Williams who was also EQP

It’s a good move for him if it happens

True, just a shame that up to now, for one reason or another, Jonny hasnt had the same impact that JP did in his time here.

I hope Johnny is still with us (IF / When) the season starts and is able to really show consistently for a full season how good he is.

pityacker 21 May, 2020 15:55
[quote maire88][quote pityacker]GeordieFalcon]JP's a centre though Ed.[

JP came from the championship where he was playing 10 scoring loads of points with the boot and started at KP as a 10 but was much more successful when moved to 12 , he never had the same results with the boot as he had in the championship.[/quote]

If I remember rightly he played at both 10 and 12 for Nottingham.[/

It was Rotherham where he scored lots of points mainly at 10 if my poor memory is correct.

Leipziger 22 May, 2020 10:42
I really liked JP when he played for us and was disappointed when he left, but Williams has been a very good signing and although it's hard to argue with anyone signing for Saracens, I do wonder if this move would've happened had they still been at the top of the Premiership.

Ironically, though JP didn't find his kicking form with us, I do remember him kicking the winning points in a relegation decider against I think London Irish.

Kingkiko2 22 May, 2020 11:24
If I remember really rightly Socino left more to keep Matavesi then to get Williams. My personal preference would of been to keep Socino, would have him back now by the looks of what we’ve got, regardless of keeping Williams or not - those 2 together could be solid

Bedlington Lad 22 May, 2020 11:44
I really rated JP but I think now we need to look to younger players

RiponFalcon 22 May, 2020 20:15
As much as I like JP as a player that ship sailed off into the distance a long time ago. Time to move on

skip mcskipper 24 May, 2020 09:55
JP playing in Spain, I'm no expert on Spanish rugby but that's not a huge step back? I, like everyone else on this thread really enjoyed watching him in a Falcons shirt.

maire23 24 May, 2020 10:53
Quote:
skip mcskipper
JP playing in Spain, I'm no expert on Spanish rugby but that's not a huge step back? I, like everyone else on this thread really enjoyed watching him in a Falcons shirt.

I think there were personal reasons involved.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net