Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Coronacobblers
Discussion started by Monkey1 , 27 June, 2020 09:52
Coronacobblers
Monkey1 27 June, 2020 09:52
Just a simple question:

If it is acceptable as of next week for people to cram like the proverbial sardines into a metal tube and fly off on holiday, why can't we watch rugby out in the open air?

Re: Coronacobblers
markismith50 27 June, 2020 10:11
Rest assured the game is lobbying hard to get people back inside stadiums, wherever it is safe to do so,

Osric 27 June, 2020 12:40
Monkey - I agree 100%.

There are numerous inconsistencies (inevitably) but as a North Stander, I'd be much happier standing there than:

- on a metro/bus/train/plane

I know it's the devil's job getting this right but the Covid lockdown has definitely induced an 'absence making the heart grow fonder' thing for me. Can't wait to get back to freezing my **** off with a hoolie blowing sleet horizontally across the ground. Happy days.

Rafpilot2000 27 June, 2020 15:59
Tbh isn't it all a little bit irrelevant to Falcons as with the extended premiership season we are unlikely to play a game till November by which time this may well all be forgotten?

Exiled Falcon 27 June, 2020 17:01
I would 100% agree Monkey. Iíve torn my hair out at the selfish t***s who have found it necessary to protest, riot, hold raves, cram side by side at Bournemouth, have a rugby scrum outside London clothing stores, leave the Meadows like a post Glastonbury apocalypse and now we are allowed on a metal tube yet we arenít allowed at sporting events. Surely we can have a capacity set which allows social distancing. You see huge spaces at the Ricoh, Madstad etc so not really sure why this isnít allowed yet going to a sports shop or cinema is.

Rafpilot2000 27 June, 2020 17:27
You tend not to get 40,000 people on a standard airline. Therefore the likelihood of someone in a football or rugby stadium having it is significantly higher than on an aircraft. In addition people are far less likely to travel if they have CV-19 due to travel insurance clauses and E-111 post Brexit changes, than selfishly go to a game and 'risk it'. As the idiots in Liverpool who set fire to the iconic Liver building , it's not the sensible and polite masses that are the issue , more the idiotic minority.
My wife is a nurse and still has people dying in her ward every other day from it yet all the appreciation for their work is rapidly being forgotten in lieu of idiots cramming into beaches etc.
As previously said, I can't see the falcons playing a competitive game till near Christmas . A lot can change by then but unless there is a massive second wave , I should imagine that competitive sporting events will be welcoming fans back to their stadiums by then.
Though it might be a great idea for the club to start selling black falcons face masks (as many other clubs already are) as it's likely to be a requirement to some events and it's something fans could get behind.

Monkey1 27 June, 2020 18:18
Quote:
Rafpilot2000
Though it might be a great idea for the club to start selling black falcons face masks (as many other clubs already are) as it's likely to be a requirement to some events and it's something fans could get behind.

That is what you tend to do with masks Pilot, get behind them.
(Sm100)

Personally I am incensed at the idea of mass air travel even being considered. As I have said before, I am not political, but this is government by lobbying and money talks, and Branson & his cronies have obviously been working hard to make this happen. As long as people are still passing this infection, and it has potential to get out of control again if it finds a place where conditions are right, it is utterly irresponsible for people to be moving around in this manner in large numbers again. This will make the road trip by Dominic Cummings look almost irrelevant.

Exiled Falcon 27 June, 2020 20:05
That was my point RAF P, you set the capacity to a level that ensures social distancing, say 20% of capacity? Not cram 40k into a stadium.

As ever however, this is all dependant on people using common sense, something which is seriously lacking in huge swathes of our population, as we have depressingly seen recently, Liverpool supporters being the latest culprits.

matt1il 27 June, 2020 23:20
There was something on BBC Sport the other day, with comments from some of the clubs saying they were looking at a much reduced capacity for the end of season matches, whereby they'd need something like a ballot to decide which matches season ticket holder go to. So it definitely sounds like something could happen. Tbh the attendance at Ricoh I might get a chance to pop up to Cov and social distance as easy as usual there haha

dick g 29 June, 2020 12:37
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Rafpilot2000

That is what you tend to do with masks Pilot, get behind them.
(Sm100)

Personally I am incensed at the idea of mass air travel even being considered. As I have said before, I am not political, but this is government by lobbying and money talks, and Branson & his cronies have obviously been working hard to make this happen. As long as people are still passing this infection, and it has potential to get out of control again if it finds a place where conditions are right, it is utterly irresponsible for people to be moving around in this manner in large numbers again. This will make the road trip by Dominic Cummings look almost
irrelevant.

Agree with you Monk. But "not political"? We are all political.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net