Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

happy birthday doddie
Discussion started by stuart66 , 02 July, 2020 19:24
happy birthday doddie
stuart66 02 July, 2020 19:24
scottish rugby website has a podcast with doddie weir and some of the scottish women team. doddie is 50 on the 4th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2020 19:32 by stuart66.

Re: happy birthday doddie
AndyPenman 02 July, 2020 20:18
The Doddie ride is also being held on the 4th.

Unfortunately this year it is a virtual even being held on Zwift, however I will be donning my best Doddies Tartan cycling jersey and trying to get through 25 miles on the indoor trainer.

If anyone is interested in joining details can be found here

Monkey1 02 July, 2020 20:28
If only I had known. Today at work I saw a big brass sign on the bench, part of a load of signs for a hotel. There were a few about 600mm long, I assume to go above doors, and one of them said LORD WEIR.

I was so tempted to get a spare made & take it up to Doddie, wish I had now. I am sure it would have given him a good laugh.

Leipziger 03 July, 2020 10:10
Quote:
AndyPenman
The Doddie ride is also being held on the 4th.
Unfortunately this year it is a virtual even being held on Zwift, however I will be donning my best Doddies Tartan cycling jersey and trying to get through 25 miles on the indoor trainer.

If anyone is interested in joining details can be found here

Good luck Andy!

Wensleydale Falcon 03 July, 2020 13:20
I did the Doddie 5 ride (100 miles) last year in the most horrendous conditions, and it was cut short by 5/6 miles due to unsafe roads. Despite the torrential rain the great man stood at the start and saw all the riders off and was waiting at the finish line to shake hands and congratulate you on finishing (amazing guy)
A fantastic experience, and disappointing not to be doing the ride this year as they had brought it forward in hope of better weather.
I will be out there either Saturday or Sunday doing 50 miles for his 50th, and lets hope and pray that he can continue to fight this horrendous disease and celebrate a few more birthdays.

stuart66 04 July, 2020 08:12
doddie interveiw on bbc just after 9 30 am

Horus 04 July, 2020 14:39
Doddie said:'Iturn 50today-and not think I would makeit ' Doddie was diagnosed woith MND in 2016 and was told he would be in a wheelchair within 12 months. Thank goodness that turned out to be wrong. Happy birthday big man !

Robs 13 July, 2020 22:53
Great to see that one of the Osprey chicks born in the Highlands has been named " Doddie"!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net